nova mission ideas

give me some...

Sorry for all these nooby threads but as you know I'm very out of touch 😛

I want to start making a simple mission string for ev nova, but not the 'I added 1 mission and 2 outfits' crappy plugin. I'm talking about a decent, working plug with around 30-40 missions that is actually fun to play and has a story.

Thing is, I haven't played a single nova plug. So I have no idea what's been made and what hasn't.

My guess is that there is probably 50+ strings for rebels, vell-os etc. So I don't want to make another one.

Is there a race, or element of the game, that hasn't been completely milked by programmers already?

All ideas welcome.

Gav

It there's one thing I've learned about story writing it is that a truly unique story is also a truly good story. If the story is good enough, then it doesn't matter how many times something similar has been done, it'll still be unique in its own right.

Besides, for Nova there aren't many storyline expansions/additions. The main ones I know of are Anathema Teaser (Ch. 1)/Ch. 2 (Ch. 3 in development), ARPIA II, and EVN: Battle Arena.

On a related note, of TCs there's only Polycon right now, but I know EVN: Eon, Delphi, After Nova (maybe), Colosseum, Apophis, and 3000 are all in development.

And the Acheron Almost-TC (just Acheron) is in beta testing.

Ashen galaxy was in beta if I remember correctly.
I'm working (albeit slowly and intermittently) on CTC: medium ships.

How about a short simple 5-mission string then?

A Tale of Star-crossed Lovers

Part 1: help Romeo (of the Rebel) meet Juliet (of Fed). Start from a Rebel, end in a bar in a border Fed Planet. simple Fed-Ex style.

Part 2: Juliet decide to elope with Romeo. Now ferry them all the way back to the Rebel planet without get scanned. If you get scanned, all the FED forces insystem will attack. Rebel Fed-Ex style.

Part3: When you run to the destination, a whole fleet of Pirates, who were hired by Juliet's parent appear insystem and attack you.

Part4: When you land, Romeo's parents denounce the son as a mad skirtchaser and sever the bloodtie. Now you shall transport that pair of lovers to a haven in a corner of Auroran Empire (Kontik or the like).

Part5: the Pirate fleet followed all the way. YOu must killed all of them before you set foot on the destination system (shake your tails). They wont renegerate, killed one ship at a time is okay.

Rewards: after part 5, whenever you appear on a homeworld sector (such as Sol, Koria, Auroran, Dani...) a Free Trader battleship, named Juliet's pursuers, will appear there until you killed it. And the next time you visit it appear again.

How about that?

This post has been edited by Lac Long Quan : 13 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

Well, I would have to say that Unity P2 is a good storyline expansion for Vell-os and Polaris.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think there's been a significant amount of expansion on the Aurorans. I always thought the Aurorans were the coolest, so I don't know why this is, but I don't remember anything in particular that expanded their storyline, or perhaps allowed the player another one that wasn't Heraan-specific.

@lac-long-quan, on Feb 14 2008, 07:06 AM, said in nova mission ideas:

A Tale of Star-crossed Lovers
<snip>

Brilliant 😄

I remember the first time I did the probe at Kontik mission. Nothing happened over the months. I thought it was a glitch.

I've tried several times over the years, and none had a different result.

I'd like an expansion of that mission, adding new missions that actually have an effect on the universe.

(edit) wrong thread

This post has been edited by Guy : 14 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

@sponge-tom, on Feb 15 2008, 12:28 AM, said in nova mission ideas:

I remember the first time I did the probe at Kontik mission. Nothing happened over the months. I thought it was a glitch.

I've tried several times over the years, and none had a different result.

I'd like an expansion of that mission, adding new missions that actually have an effect on the universe.

Well, the description does mention that it will probably be decades/centuries(?) before they see any results, and comments on the player's admiration at their patience. I think it actually does a good job of putting things into perspective.