Full Reseter

Hopefully better than my last attempt

A while ago I made a plug-in which I thought completely resetted the planets. Turns out it did not.

Anyways, I re-did the plug-in a way that Archon suggested. I sure hope it works this time. Here it is:

Attached File Reseter.zip (34.28K)
Number of downloads: 10

EDIT: I want to know what you guys think of it.

This post has been edited by S.S. Valor : 08 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

sorry..but what does this do? 'reset planets' doesn't make sense to me.

Gav

After most storylines the systems switch. Reseters like this one (are supposed to) completely switch the universe back to the way it was before the storyline, but you still can use the weapons/outfits/ships granted by storylines you've completed.

That make sense. Maybe I can elaborate a little more. The planet defense fleets are reset to what it was before the storyline started. Now if you can include a storyline reset, then I will download it.

Oops. Guess I forgot to put !b511 in the mission...

Oh well. Here's the reset storyline version. (Planets and storyline, not just storyline)

Attached File Reseter.zip (34.26K)
Number of downloads: 9

This post has been edited by S.S. Valor : 09 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

Now try compressing it with something other than the built-in MacOSX .zip compressor. Only doing that kinda destroys the resource fork.

Also, while b511 is the general string lock-out bit, have you taken into account any possible other changes caused by doing a mission string? What happens if a pilot wants to do the same string again - for example, they want to get the other branch of the Polaris string, or they want to use the Wild Geese string to get to another storyline.

Edit: Quit bit of nitpicking, it's spelt "Resetter". And the past tense of reset is "reset", not "resetted". Mind you, I'm not convinced that "resetter" is actually a word, though it ought to be... 🙂

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 10 February 2008 - 04:32 AM

What does this do that other 'resetters' don't? I've never used one myself but I hear Reset-by-Raven being recommended often.

@belthazar, on Feb 10 2008, 10:29 PM, said in Full Reseter:

Now try compressing it with something other than the built-in MacOSX .zip compressor.

Ie, get Plugin Archiver 🙂

This post has been edited by Guy : 10 February 2008 - 05:02 AM

@belthazar, on Feb 10 2008, 04:29 AM, said in Full Reseter:

Now try compressing it with something other than the built-in MacOSX .zip compressor. Only doing that kinda destroys the resource fork.

Actually, it preserves the resource fork just fine. It's just difficult to extract them properly on Windows or on pre-10.3 versions of the Mac OS without special software, which is why the format is currently discouraged for packaging plug-ins.

Pretty much impossible on Windows. I tried.

At least, I THINK I tried. I don't really remember.

@guy, on Feb 10 2008, 06:01 AM, said in Full Reseter:

What does this do that other 'resetters' don't? I've never used one myself but I hear Reset-by-Raven being recommended often.

Ie, get Plugin Archiver 🙂

Because this one is possibly better. Reset By Raven still has a few bugs, but S.S. Valor's trying to make one that has none. I'm not sure how it works, but congrats if it does.

I copied all the systems that have post storyline variants to the plug, added " | b91" to the end of each of the visibit fields, and made a mission that sets b91 and clears b511.

Hopefully it has no bugs or less bugs than the other ones, and since it's a project I worked on twice, I'm gonna keep fixing bugs that pop up until the plug is right 🙂

Edit: For you windows/older mac peoples who want to try this before I submit it to the addons page, I got plug archiver 2 and compressed the plug. Here ya go.

Attached File Reseter.zip (32.46K)
Number of downloads: 33

This post has been edited by S.S. Valor : 10 February 2008 - 10:54 PM