One Final Question

Before Anathema Ch. 2 Goes Live!

Well, not quite.

A bit of a preamble: I had to take a semi-lengthy break from anything game-oriented in order to keep on top of my college work, but I'm back now. I think that just about every bug imaginable has been found in Anathema Ch. 2 (major props to my testers!) and just need maybe one more week to make sure they're all ironed out.

I do have one question however. I added a system with a bunch of ships from a new government, but unfortunately they have a tendency to spawn when the player enters the system and then immediately hypergate out (unless they're set to interceptor AI). This really reduces the ambiance of what is supposed to be a bustling port. In an attempt to get them to stay, I removed the government's "prefer hypergates" tag, but that did absolutely nothing.

If it matters, the planet in the system has a port, commodity exchange, etc., but there are many other uninhabited planets in the system. Could this cause them to leave? Anybody have any suggestions as to how I could get the ships to stay in system for at least a bit?

Would some economy-at-work ships be appropriate? They seem to like uninhabited or even unlandable spobs for some reason.

Yeah, I've got some traders and asteroid miners there too, who always seem to stick around.

After messing around a bit more though, it looks like it was just a random fluke that the warship AI ships left immediately the first time. A few jump out right away but probably 3/4 land and buzz around a bit.

So that means you're releasing soon? Can't wait to see comments about the plug! Especially how there were no bugs and nearly no spelling errors in the first release. 😉

I do have one question however. I added a system with a bunch of ships from a new government, but unfortunately they have a tendency to spawn when the player enters the system and then immediately hypergate out (unless they're set to interceptor AI). This really reduces the ambiance of what is supposed to be a bustling port. In an attempt to get them to stay, I removed the government's "prefer hypergates" tag, but that did absolutely nothing.

That is humongously annoying. The warships in nova don't do that.

Anyway, good job on the upcoming release!

Yeah. It was really fun testing the plug!