Weapon Developing - Please HELP!-

Trying to get a weapon to work...PC

Hi all. I'm new to the webboard and I want to say thanks to all who run it because I have found out so much from reading about other user's problems.

Recently, I figured out how to finally buy a weapon I made (a tractor beam). I bought 2 of them on Earth, but they don't seem to fire. I have gone through everything using the windows editor, but to no prevail. Can someone please help me figure out why they wont fire, or be listed as a weapon?

Thanks,
Star Captain Saber 😄

Does the outfit resource point to the weapon resource?
Is it set to primary or secondary fire?
Is the weapon type set to beam?
Do you have enough ammo to fire it (or energy)?
Is it turreted?
Is it a point-defense weapon?
Are the shots really there and merely silent/invisisble? (check falloff, beam length, sound, etc.)

I tried all of these, but nothing happened. I even tried making a new weapon, but it still won't work. I can buy it in the outfitter, but it will not fire. I am confused and dissapointed.

Star Captain Saber 😄

@star-captain-saber, on Nov 7 2007, 02:07 AM, said in Weapon Developing - Please HELP!-:

I tried all of these, but nothing happened. I even tried making a new weapon, but it still won't work. I can buy it in the outfitter, but it will not fire. I am confused and dissapointed.

Star Captain Saber 😄

Is there any place you could upload it to? I'm sure the people here can figure out whatever is going wrong, but they're going to need more detailed information to help you.

Upload it, someone will solve it. People here are experts at this sort of thing.

Ok. Here it is. This file includes 4 items: 2 tractor beams (both don't work), a Planet Destruction Beam (Doesn't work), and a ship I made which I am pretty proud of (does work, but is basically a cheat.) Thanks to all who will help me.

Star Captain Saber 😄

Ah, I see the problem. Your plug doesn't exist! Don't worry, happens all the time 😉

(edit) If you're having trouble attaching the plug, make sure you've zipped it first. #1 Rule of thumb for sending binary files over the net.

This post has been edited by Guy : 07 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Ha ha...sorry for that mess up. I tried to attach it, but it is apparently to "large" to fit into this message. I don't want to submit it to the add-ons section because I don't want people to be disappointed. I'll try again, and sorry for the mess up.

Star Captain Saber 😞

Okay, here it is.

Star Captain Saber 😄

Attached File(s)

Aha. There is a maximum of 256 weapon types, meaning the highest valid weapon ID is 383.

That is the problem. I'm suprised that the program would even let you do that.

EVNEW lets you do it, for some reason. Just check the bible every now and then, right at the top is the list of all the resources' maximums.

Thank you very much for helping me out. The weapon works fine now. I expect it to be posted soon (ha ha!)

Star Captain Saber 😄