Name: the cold war

Like/dislike

Yeah, new plug-in, total crazy overdue, new ships, new outfits, New map, new governments, etc.

Now I need an opinion on the name I chose (spelling?): The Cold War
:blink:

What's the plot like? Usually the name of a plug-in should represent what it does or what it is. (Like Arpia.)

With a name like The Cold War, I'd expect a lot of very tangled politics and really not very much combat. You sure you want that?

@jacabyte, on May 30 2007, 05:41 PM, said in Name: the cold war:

What's the plot like? Usually the name of a plug-in should represent what it does or what it is. (Like Arpia.)

its more of a war scinario (spelling?) and it's quite easy to get into each type of government's storyline. so otherwise, the plot involves alot of war...

Then... I don't think that's a good name.

In space, all warriors are cold warriors.

PS - Titles are irrelevant. If your work is good, people will find it and enjoy it however weak the title. If it is poor, no title will cover that up.

Name? Doesn't matter. Pick one; get back to work.

@hudson, on May 31 2007, 10:36 PM, said in Name: the cold war:

Name? Doesn't matter. Pick one; get back to work.

Wrong - it's all about the marketing, baby.

You want not just a name but logo and associated memorabilia which'll get your work noticed, because it's no good if it doesn't get noticed - then you've just put in the effort for nothing.

Choose a better name, but the name isn't the most important thing. Choose a better name because if it involves a lot of war, than it does not involve cold war. Call it Fire of War or Thunder of War, or Warpath or something.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 31 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

Any writer knows that a title is pretty important. Not the first thing that needs to be decided upon, but a good title will attract much more attention than a poor one.

How about... "RRargh!"? 😛

You need a good title because otherwise you can't market anything, like designer coffee mugs, T-shirts, little bobble heads, and designer candy bars. Try something like 'The-blank-Incident/War/Struggle/some epic word that sparks the person's imagination, or something like that.

The Noodle Incident?

How 'bout "Gravediggers TC"? The thread is a month old and I'm sure Sneb has either decided or given up on his project. Let this thread rest in peace.

@guy, on Jun 30 2007, 09:57 PM, said in Name: the cold war:

The Noodle Incident?

Best. TC. Ever.

Hey if your looking for help post in here

Help Request Topic

You might be able to get some people helping you with plots and stuff.

@sneb-o-bobble, on May 30 2007, 09:38 PM, said in Name: the cold war:

Yeah, new plug-in, total crazy overdue, new ships, new outfits, New map, new governments, etc.

Now I need an opinion on the name I chose (spelling?): The Cold War
:blink:

**Dislike. The name "Cold War" for me points to a specific series of events in history, therefore grounding your scenario into the same mold. Unless the idea is some sort of alternate history that depicts a struggle in space between the USSR and the US, I think you'd be wise to pursue another title.

_bomb

How abour Apophis? or rather,

(b)~A P O P H I S~(b/)

the egyption(spelling?) patron god of evil and darkness. frequently eats the sun. (Also called 'the destroyer')

I'm planning on naming a ship I made that, but you can use it too if you like.

(P.S If you don't use it I will)

Brought to you, this message was, by YODA.

😛

How abour Apophis? or rather,

~A P O P H I S~

the egyption(spelling?) patron god of evil and darkness. frequently eats the sun. (Also called 'the destroyer')

I'm planning on naming a ship I made that, but you can use it too if you like.

(P.S If you don't use it I will)

Brought to you, this message was, by YODA.

😛

how do you delete posts entirely?

This post has been edited by Yoda Almighty : 04 July 2007 - 10:30 AM