Homeworld

ahem Don't forget the Lucifer Turret (beta 1).
Posted Image

I'm a bit insulted 🙂

Oh and you need to lighten those pictures. All I can see is the engine glow.

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 18 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

Turn up your brightness? I can see them fine, though they probably would look better if they were lighter.

@anaxagoras, on Oct 19 2006, 12:11 AM, said in Homeworld:

Is that barely visible glowy-shield thing on the front of Hunter intentional?

?

There are no shield-thing on the hunter...

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Oct 19 2006, 12:12 AM, said in Homeworld:

ahem Don't forget the Lucifer Turret (beta 1).

I'm a bit insulted 🙂

😮 I only showed one outfit 😉

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Oct 19 2006, 12:12 AM, said in Homeworld:

Oh and you need to lighten those pictures. All I can see is the engine glow.

Exo ships are supposed to be very dark... I might lighten up the tanker, though.

@kinniken, on Oct 20 2006, 04:44 AM, said in Homeworld:

There are no shield-thing on the hunter...

I can see this too if I turn up the contrast. Green smears around the front.

Oh, ok. What you are seeing is simply some of the inside lightning leaving the front of the ship by a thin gap between the two "halves" of the ship's living quarters. Those openings are there since Exos live in vacuum and will actually leave the ship for combat.

Just a little more bump... Work on ship graphics is progressing. Two exemples:

Posted Image
An old friend to EV old-timers...

Posted Image
And a creaky old Russian freighter

I think I see kasparov on the side.

Oooooh. Pretty. I have now completed two pretty pictures. Here's a sample:

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 24 October 2006 - 07:46 PM

I think this looks great. I believe with a bit of polish, you could make a very fun TC.

However, to be completely honest, the graphics are lacking a bit in quality. Perhaps finish the story, missions, and the other technical crap, and someone more experienced will decide to help out on graphics.

@ue_research---development, on Oct 9 2006, 06:19 AM, said in Homeworld:

Sounds very cool. I should mention that Sephil Saga is still going on, but because I don't have any jurisdiction over the web page, there's nothing I can do about its extreme suckage.

I'd like to believe it, but considering the "Progress Log" section of the new forums has no topics, and the "SS Discussion" section hasn't had a post made in it in over a year, it's a little difficult.

This post has been edited by lobf : 25 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

@kinniken, on Oct 18 2006, 03:53 PM, said in Homeworld:

Nice to see some enthusiasm 🙂

Thanks for the offer, but Werhner is already helping me with the ship graphics, and together it should do fine. Would you want to do preview testing? Feedback is what I need most at this point.

If you need Windows beta testers, count me in. 🙂

@lnsu, on Oct 25 2006, 01:59 AM, said in Homeworld:

I think I see kasparov on the side.

I'm afraid it's just Kosmograd in Russian 😉

@lobf, on Oct 26 2006, 02:10 AM, said in Homeworld:

However, to be completely honest, the graphics are lacking a bit in quality. Perhaps finish the story, missions, and the other technical crap, and someone more experienced will decide to help out on graphics.

I know my graphics aren't the best; I find it particularly hard to put enough details in ships, so they end up looking too clean and simple. However, graphists don't grow on trees... Werhner is making the WA fleet, and they look great, but so far that's it, and I just don't believe in the "make all the rest first and someone will do the graphics later" approach - first, it means having a basically unplayable TC until very very late in the dev cycle (and that, only if it everything goes well), second, it makes keeping up the motivation hard (since until a good graphist actually volunteer to make them the TC will be dead ugly, no matter the polish of the storyline or missions), an thirdly and most importantly it doesn't account for the fact that graphics influence the storyline as well! Ships can't be created without having a good idea of what they will look like, if they are to have any personality; what the Exos' technical capacities are depends partly on what look I can give to their asteroid homes; which weapons are more common and which are more deadly is also a question of how mean they can be made to look, ect. It's an integrated process.

@darth_vader, on Oct 26 2006, 04:49 AM, said in Homeworld:

If you need Windows beta testers, count me in. 🙂

Sending PM 😉

@kinniken, on Oct 24 2006, 05:43 PM, said in Homeworld:

An old friend to EV old-timers...

Nice. I always did like the Argosy...

So did I... My favourite shop, both for its space-shutle look and for being both quite powerful and having a large cargo. Great ship for pirating 😉

@lobf, on Oct 25 2006, 08:10 PM, said in Homeworld:

I think this looks great. I believe with a bit of polish, you could make a very fun TC.

I'd like to believe it, but considering the "Progress Log" section of the new forums has no topics, and the "SS Discussion" section hasn't had a post made in it in over a year, it's a little difficult.

You know... I thought the graphics were pretty good and I agree with the person making the TC needs motivation and needs to know how to make the ships. Not someone making a random super cool rigged awsomeness ship and having to work around that.

erm, where'd everybody go? Is this still going? I meen it has been a while since any updates...

I don't know about Kinniken, but I have been working on landing pics. I'm also recovering from a cold. That didn't help any.

Here's another preview:

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 01 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

I'm working on ship graphics mostly right now. I'll update this thread when there's a significant new block done.

Alright! Happy to know this is still going to happen! 🙂

This post has been edited by 1purevengeance1 : 03 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

@ue_research---development, on Oct 9 2006, 01:19 AM, said in Homeworld:

because I don't have any jurisdiction over the web page, there's nothing I can do about its extreme suckage.

Shut up.

I am noticing a lot of similarities between this and SS - especially a Jovian power based on Callisto. 🙂

However, I imagine that our Callisto-based Jovian power is somewhat different, and there is one hell of a plot twist relating to Callisto. cryptic grin

SS is definitely alive and kicking. The site is out of date because I'm lazy. 🙂

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 04 November 2006 - 03:02 PM