My Upcoming Plugin

Need some opinions

I've always been fascinated about adding more planets into the game. Currently, I'm working on a plugin which gives the Krypt her own planets and government. This is basically a remake the Krypt Expansion part in my Planet Expansions plugin.

Now, the whole reason I'm posting here is because I'm wondering what people think of this. Below is a screenshot of what Krypt space will look like in my plugin.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/Grem.../sceenshot1.jpg

It might be a little hard to see the systems in the screenshot, if it is, let me know and I'll replace it with a closer view.

The plugin is in its final stages. I just need to add descriptions to the bars, balance out the number of shipyards, outfitters, and trader centers on the planets.

Tell me what you guys think.

- Gremlin360

This post has been edited by Gremlin360 : 17 September 2006 - 07:39 AM

Sounds interesting 🙂
But, um, why have you hooked up S7evyn?

That was one of my own personal plugins so the links with S7evyn will not be included. It also was my first successful attempt at linking systems together.

This post has been edited by Gremlin360 : 16 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

Anyone else have any opinions?

Doesn't seem to be a lot to have an opinion of.

Hmmm... This would be a very interesting plug-in to play. Do you plan to put any missions into in? You know, to add more than a few planets.

I've given that some thought but I'd have to take the time to learn how mission files work and get them to appear at the right time.

@gremlin360, on Sep 17 2006, 10:21 AM, said in My Upcoming Plugin:

I've given that some thought but I'd have to take the time to learn how mission files work and get them to appear at the right time.

coughs yea... I still dont get that... my plugin progress has slowed to a near stop because of that...

@ Gremlin. Missions may appear complicated but once you get the hang of it simple missions can be quite easy to make and link together. Lots of the folks in the dev's corner will be helpful as will the Nova bible in places. 🙂
Just don't get discouraged, it would be nice to see some more well written, interesting plugins.

Yea, I just found a topic that gives specific details on how to make missions for the BBS. However, I need help on making it so that missions are random and can be found on Krypt planets and deliver only Krypt planets.

I suggest reading the misn section of the Nova Bible.

I've tried that but I haven't had much luck.

I think the misn section of the bible goes over the heads of most beginners. At least it did for me. I find that studying the existing Nova Files is much more beneficial. Look at the bits for a sequence of missions and refer to the bible as you have questions.

The Nova bible is rather technical at first. Its more reference than a teaching guide.

@dr-neverhood, on Sep 17 2006, 04:54 PM, said in My Upcoming Plugin:

I think the misn section of the bible goes over the heads of most beginners. At least it did for me. I find that studying the existing Nova Files is much more beneficial. Look at the bits for a sequence of missions and refer to the bible as you have questions.

I totally agree, especially with the NCBs. I can't remember who gave me this link, but its really helpful for missions. Nova Control Bits

Your plug should explain why Krypt is offering services to the player 🙂

I must definatly agree to that! I meen how are you communicating now? In normal game there is no way to even attempt to send a message to the purple floating asteroids 😛