Crashe's Mini-Plug....

Pull the wings back... like this?
(

(
^^^
that's not how I wanted the example to look like, but that may look good, lemme go try it.

Ok, I couldn't get the wings to turn curve similar to the parenthesis, but I did move them towards the back, enlarge the top "fin", and add a tail/stinger-like thing from the back to add to the organic theme.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 17 August 2006 - 01:27 AM

Well in my mind, you need to move the wings forward to about 1/3 of the way down the ship, but make them slant backwards.

More like a plane really.

But then, actually, if I were you, I'd make the wings start and finish where they are, but make them tiny.

Also, you need to either brighten the ship, or change the background, as, apart from the coloured bits, I can't tell what's going on. Maybe you should set it against a Nebula.

Alright, I moved the wings back to their original position, but bent them back some. And this time I put it in front of a nebula and a planet... so there.

Well I'd either blend the part where the wings meet the front window (I don't know what that's called when there's no wind!) so it looks like they're not glued on, or move the wings back ever so slightly.

You know what though, Crashe? I'm damned impressed.

You know what though, Crashe? I'm damned impressed.

Why, thank you pp0u20e8. I thought this was my best work so far (on Windows). I did some pretty detailed ones back on the Mac (OS 8.6!) In Strata 3D. I had a SUPER freighter, and I even detailed the cockpit with passenger seats and everything.. Maybe I can get a pic off of it later.

EDIT I have to quote that.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 17 August 2006 - 07:42 AM

Newest update... Trista, Co. Super Freighter! Has three (very) large cargo holds for an astounding 4800 tons of free cargo space. It comes stock with 4 Trista Turrets, 1 to cover each corner of this large, hulking beast. But with a hefty price tag of 18.5 million credits, and THE slowest acceleration, turning, and top speed, this ship demands extreme caution in dangerous systems.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 17 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

Time for a new ship!

Guns aren't shown because I didn't have time to put them on, and I wanted to get some input on it before I left for work. What do you think? I think I should move the hull up and not have it tilted down like that, I think it makes it look slower... but eh.. I need some comments.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 18 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

I like it.

Maybe try stretching out the slanted part so it goes further back?

I like the slant, and the front, but something makes it look odd, can't figure out what.

but something makes it look odd, can't figure out what.

I thought the exact same thing. let me show you one without the slant, gimme a sec to make/upload it.

UPDATE Ok here it is.

Maybe try stretching out the slanted part so it goes further back?

As this is a corvette, however, I'm trying to obtain the long, missile like sleekness (spelling?) that just radiates speed.. if you know what I mean. If I got what you were saying correctly, then you mean for me to bring the hull (slanted part) back, so less of the engines (long cylindrical parts) are showing? That would give it a stocky look. Maybe if I just compact the top a bit more...

This post has been edited by Crashe : 18 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

I tried de-slanting the hull back, but it did not help the ship aesthetically... I guess I'll just stick with this version for now, until I can come up with something else.

UPDATE 2

The latest (soon to be included) idea for my plug-in:

Throughout the galaxy, you are sure to have noticed the many broken hypergates. Why has nobody fixed them yet? Well, that's all about to change. Through the Trista, Co. storyline, one will be able to fix broken hypergates, and extend current ones to include more destinations.

I got this idea whilst reading another thread that spawned a discussion about why the hypergates were broken. Well, the idea sprung into my head, and from my head to the computer. Once you've reached a certain point in the Trista, Co. storyline, you can purchase the resources, crew, and technology to build or expand a hypergate. This will be quite a lot of work, but it will get done as a side-project on my plug in.

That is the update quoted directly from my first post.

@crashe, on Aug 13 2006, 01:17 PM, said in Crashe's Mini-Plug....:

Why has nobody fixed them yet?

Not enough Bose-Einstein Condensate, and noone knows how to make any more.

Not enough Bose-Einstein Condensate, and noone knows how to make any more.

Well, Trista, Co. has re-discovered and modified the original schematics and materials for a less costly, better working Hypergate. Look for them in a system near you!

I'd keep the slant, it looks good.

I don't know what I'd alter about the slant though - just try playing with it until something good happens.

I don't know what I'd alter about the slant though

I think the problem is the angle at which it slants downward. Kind of like a cliff, which doesn't seem too speedy to me.... I'll keep at it.

@crashe, on Aug 12 2006, 08:17 PM, said in Crashe's Mini-Plug....:

UPDATE 2

The latest (soon to be included) idea for my plug-in:

Throughout the galaxy, you are sure to have noticed the many broken hypergates. Why has nobody fixed them yet? Well, that's all about to change. Through the Trista, Co. storyline, one will be able to fix broken hypergates, and extend current ones to include more destinations.

I got this idea whilst reading another thread that spawned a discussion about why the hypergates were broken. Well, the idea sprung into my head, and from my head to the computer. Once you've reached a certain point in the Trista, Co. storyline, you can purchase the resources, crew, and technology to build or expand a hypergate. This will be quite a lot of work, but it will get done as a side-project on my plug in.

Well! That is one hell of an idea, a great one for that matter! Good luck, thats alot of stuff you got to build, but man...this plugin is going to be great. Now I'm curious, when your expanding a hypergate, do you get to choose what the hyperlink will connect to? And will the hyperlink be one way or does expanding one hypergate, expand the destination at the same time so that the player can travel to and from the same hypergate?

Aye... this really sucks.

I had to nuke my computer. It messed up somehow, and I had to do a clean install. Wiped everything from my harddrive. Including my plug-in, which I didn't think about backing-up first.

Soo.. Looks like my plug went bye-bye. Don't really know if it would still be considered vaporware or not, but it really was just due to lack of attention.

Aye.. slaps forehead