The Great Conflict

It's dead.

This really should've been posted about half a year ago, but I have had no internet connection. I'm sad to announce that The Great Conflict (which may hold the record for longest in-development TC ever, not sure though) is officially deceased. What with my schooling and two jobs and impending marriage, I just don't have any time to work on TGC anymore, and haven't for quite a long time.

Star Gurns-related material will continue to be developed (if I had a good server there's a few things I could be putting up now), but The Great Conflict is quite dead.

=Divals

Congrats on the impending marriage, even if it means we won't see the plug anymore.

Good luck with the marriage.

You can always donate it to The Nurdi..

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 22 December 2005 - 04:47 PM

Well, the marriage isn't for a while yet - but we're kinda living as if we were already married. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with TGC - what is the Nurdi exactly?

=Divals

Nurdi: "Nova Ultimate Resource Database Initiative".

http://www.ambrosias...howtopic=100061

Divals the Conqueror, on Dec 22 2005, 03:18 PM, said:

Star Gurns-related material will continue to be developed (if I had a good server there's a few things I could be putting up now), but The Great Conflict is quite dead.
View Post

Conflict is dead.... Long live the Gurns!

Good luck with your marriage to Carla, Divals. (Carla, right?)

Could you tell us what the TC is about (I surely missed an explanation of that somewhere else) so that we could at least have a clue of what is dead?
We could also try to continue the TC with a team from the EVDC board. If I get that 3D software to make Sprites, I may be able to contribute quite a bit from me and a few of my friends that have been playing this game for a while. We have enough collective skill to code anything for EVN, and have done all sorts of smaller stuff, except make graphics. Although I understand that it would never be the same as if the same author made it all, if there is a head start for us, it could be another TC, which would be the first since Polycon, a good thing if it comes out even close to good.

I haven't been online for a while.

Dr. Trowel: Heh.

Anaxagoras: Thanks 🙂 It's not for a while yet though.

Fedkiller: Basically it's about the 80-year war between the two main races, the Tichelopians and the Gurnopians. It's kind of humorous-like, and it's based on some stories I'm trying to finish up and publish as a book-type-thing. Kind of like star wars but without the corn, and more cheese. And less "darth" (though there's a "Dark Gurn" :p).

There's a lot of exploration and interspecies-relations involved as well. If you browse through my Images directory (www.fascinate.us/images), there's some more relevant material - a few ships, a starmap, maybe more (I forgets)

=Divals

edit Another small problem is that I'm making a transition to Windows in a week or so, and along with that changing from Metacreations Infini-D to 3D Studio Max. Which means a total graphical redo, but that could be a good thing...

This post has been edited by Divals the Conqueror : 13 January 2006 - 08:56 AM

3DS Max is supposedly very user-friendly. I'm sure you'll get used to it fast enough.

Oh yah, Max is great... but I like graphical standards. I won't have half the graphics made in Infini-D and half in Max, so if I do more graphics they're all going to be in Max... yeah. 😛

=Divals