Assist me

please

I'm not that good at plug-in making. How can i make missions, to appear only once?

Rebel Klaudyo, on Jun 18 2005, 06:22 AM, said:

I'm not that good at plug-in making. How can i make missions, to appear only once?
View Post

If by this you mean you want a mission to be offered once, and only once, put a control bit (bxxx) into the OnAccept and OnRefuse fields, and the opposite of that exact bit (!bxxx) in the AvailBits field. This will make the mission only be offered once.

Alternatively, if you want the mission to be offered many different times, but only able to be completed once, do the same thing as above, only put (bxxx) into the OnSuccess field, with (!bxxx) into the AvailBits field.

Basically, the theory here is that you use control bits to control what Nova does and doesn't do.

I set (b999) on accept mission and set (!b999) on mission complete but the mission doesnt appear. I want only to be completed once but to appear various times before completing it. help

Try reading Gutless Wonder's instructions again. Especially the second paragraph. Try also doing what he suggests.

GutlessWonder has pretty much summed it up. When you get good at this, you can also make missions to re-allow other previously dis-allowed missions. This is what happens in the vell-os mission string.

GutlessWonder, on Jun 18 2005, 08:26 AM, said:

Alternatively, if you want the mission to be offered many different times, but only able to be completed once, do the same thing as above, only put (bxxx) into the OnSuccess field, with (!bxxx) into the AvailBits field.
View Post

That is what i want to make, but what's the OnSucces field and what's the AvailBits field?

Rebel Klaudyo, on Jun 19 2005, 02:14 AM, said:

That is what i want to make, but what's the OnSucces field and what's the AvailBits field?
View Post

This is a screenshot from EVNEW, but I would assume that similar editors have similar options.

The bits that are currently placed in the different fields will make the mission available* an infinite number of times until it is completed successfully. Once completed successfully, it will never be offered again.

Two things to note: One: b9999 is, I think, already used for certain things in the Nova scenario, so you should really try to find one that's not currently being used. I believe a list of available bits is provided somewhere on the add-ons page.

Two: *: The mission will be available only when other conditions exist and prove true, such as legal rating, location, combat rating, etc.

I'm not sure that this can be explained any clearer, unless you're using a different editor than EVNEW and would like for someone on a Mac to post a screenshot of the editor that you use, to show you exactly what you need to do. I hope this helps. 🙂

Mine is different but thx

I DID IT. =P

This post has been edited by Rebel Klaudyo : 19 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

Hi again...
How can i make a mission to appear after we completed another one?

Also, you could try opening copies of the data files, and having a look at how the ATMOSians did things. Or you could look at the Walkthroughs - that includes the mission bits for each of the main storyline missions.

How can we make crafts to say what we want'em to say? I'm creating a very coolio plug ( you will hear bout it later) and it includes a new governement and id like that those govnmt crafts have a speacial saying. How can i do that? I mean i wan't them to have a governemnt saying, not greetings and nice to meet you. So how can i create it? Help plz If you help me, i maybe will introduce you in the plug in 😉

OK, in Nova data 5 there is a list of STR# resources. The communication hail quotes start at RID 7000, which are the hail quotes for govt RID 128, or the Federation. These STR# resources go up using the index numbers of the govt's. Basically, get the RID of your govt, subtract 128 from that number to get the index number (or, in some editing programs it will have the index number visible next to the ID number, to skip this little step). Once you have the index nuber, simply add that to 7000, make a new STR# resource with that RID and fill it with your govt comm. quotes. That should work, if it doesn't, just re-check that all of the ID #'s to make sure everything corresponds correctly.

P.S. Once you have the govt hail quote set up and make a dude resource for that govt, make sure that the dude will use the govt hail quote, on NovaTools there is a check box with this, and I would suppose that there is something similar on other editing programs.

Reply if there are any problems.

I DID IT, CRUSADER ALPHA. I CAN MAKE THE SHIPS SAY WHAT I WANT, THX A LOT MAN, YOU WILL BE ON MY PLG-IN THATS FOR SURE, WOOHOO!

My amazing plug-in will come soon. Well, on the plug, im creating new weapons. I have created the light laser, it's just like the light blaster but instead of yellow the colour is blue. Thats the problem i cant make it blue. How can i change the colour? I think i have done it but doesnt appear changed, help

The colour of what? You can change the colour of any particle effects within the weap resource but if you want to change the colour of the sprite you'll have to use an image editing program (Graphic Convertor is great if you're on a mac).

I can change the colour of the thunderhead lance but i cant change of a light blaster, it's only to change the colour, help

The problem is that the Thunderhead lance is a beam. The color is drawn by Nova during gameplay, which means it's easily editable (sp?).

The light blaster, however, along with any other weapon that's not a beam, uses actual picts/rleD's to draw the images, which means that the color is fixed.

I'll edit in a moment with some more info:

Edit: The light blaster references spin 3000, which is in Nova Graphics 2. The Light Blaster Spin references rleD resource 200, which is also in the Nova Graphics 2.

If you have some way of exporting the images (EVNEW will do this for you easily enough, if that's what you're using, but I have no experience with other editors), you can use a graphics program to "hue" the shot, turning the yellow to the blue that you want. You will then need to re-upload the images into a new rleD resource, then create a new spin resource that references the new rleD, then have your weapon reference the new spin resource. It sounds more complicated than it actually is. As a side-note, you should be able to use the same mask for your new "blue blaster" shot that the Light Blaster uses, if you have a way of exporting it as well.

If you don't have access to a graphics program that does hues, you can still use the images as the base for new colors, using a simple paint program to make it look how you want. It may not be as "professional" looking, but it will still work nicely. 🙂

I hope this helps.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 25 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

You will then need to re-upload the images into a new rleD resource, then create a new spin resource that references the new rleD, then have your weapon reference the new spin resource. It sounds more complicated than it actually is. As a side-note, you should be able to use the same mask for your new "blue blaster" shot that the Light Blaster uses, if you have a way of exporting it as well.(I)

How do i do that?

You still haven't told us what platform you're on.