The Great Conflict: Last call

Then it's curtains

Alright, this is it. The bloody thing has been in limbo for almost a year now, and I'm getting ready to call it quits. If anyone would like to do the programming for The Great Conflict, please respond to this post. If nobody responds, I'm declaring it dead.

It's like the Terri Schiavo of plugins...

=Divals

Wow, that was fast. The irreversible brain damage has been reversed, and the Terri Schiavo of plugins is resurrected.

=Divals

Eh...did I miss something?

:huh:

Care to elaborate what the heck just happened? And what is "The Great Conflict", a TC? Does it have a web page that I may look at so that I could possibly see if I wanted to program it at all?

For someone who was about to abandon a plug-in and give it up to the community, you certainly didn't make it easy for people to see what your plug is about or help you out.

Someone else has already volunteered to help out. There was once a web site but it got deleted and I have not yet had time to reconstruct it.

I was not going to give up the plugin to the community, it is my baby and it's so bloody convoluted at this point that it would take longer to explain to a future developer what it is than for me to do it myself.

It is indeed a TC, which I have been working on at a snail's pace since 1999 or so... Ephialtes was the programmer until he got a life and didn't have time to work on it anymore.

=Divals

Divals the Conqueror, on Jul 18 2005, 03:07 PM, said:

I was not going to give up the plugin to the community, it is my baby and it's so bloody convoluted at this point that it would take longer to explain to a future developer what it is than for me to do it myself.

It is indeed a TC, which I have been working on at a snail's pace since 1999 or so...
View Post

Hmm...sounds like another TC I know 😛

Divals the Conqueror, on Jul 18 2005, 03:07 PM, said:

Ephialtes was the programmer until he got a life and didn't have time to work on it anymore.
View Post

Yeah, I've heard that can happen, although fortunately for programmerkind, it's very rare :rolleyes:

Divals the Conqueror, on Jul 18 2005, 09:07 AM, said:

Someone else has already volunteered to help out. There was once a web site but it got deleted and I have not yet had time to reconstruct it.
View Post

I could make you one. Just talk to me on irc with the server capibilities.

I would suggest why didnt you come to our party yesterday.

Couple reasons... first, I couldn't afford a birthday present.. funds are very tight right now... second, I was running late and didn't get back to Pittsburgh until three... third, I was very depressed and suspected my presence would not help the mood.. fourth, I didn't think you'd miss me.

=Divals

Well, in no particular order, a bunch of other people canceled too, so the company would have been nice in any case, the party was actually pushed back to three anyway, byteme was just being cheeky when she asked for a present and fourth was the same as the first.

Oh... I'm sorry 😞

=Divals

?!!!

Is the B&B spreading??!??

OH GOD!

remember to use protection to prevent the spread of B&B.

Get Tested.

Brought to you by the Total Bull Network. All Bull, All The Time.

On Topic:

grats on the revival. we need more TCs for nova.

Hehe, thank you 🙂

Progress is progressing well rubs hands evilly

=Divals