Plugin help

i need this...

I want to make a plugin, but i need a application i can use to make pictures (it has to be free) <_<

Trichedronus, on Jun 26 2005, 12:56 PM, said:

I want to make a plugin, but i need a application i can use to make pictures (it has to be free) <_<View Post

You want a free image editor? Your best bet is probably the GIMP.

Edwards

I think he means modler. The only good one that ive found thats free is Wings 3D. Do a google search on it. But that doesnt render very well.

ResEdit, Mission Computer, (EVNEW for windows?). Those are free and can be used to make plugins.

Sorry to correct you Cmdr. Quigly, but it might be better for him to use NovaTools too.

ResEdit (OS9)+NovaTools (ResEdit Addon) Mission Computer (OS9 and OSX) EVNew(Windows dunno)

Welcome to the boards Trichedronus. Have fun. Stay around, and dont touch the orange glowing ball of orange.

This post has been edited by The Cheat : 27 June 2005 - 07:29 AM

The Cheat, on Jun 27 2005, 04:26 AM, said:

Sorry to correct you Cmdr. Quigly, but it might be better for him to use NovaTools too.

ResEdit (OS9)+NovaTools (ResEdit Addon) Mission Computer (OS9 and OSX) EVNew(Windows dunno)

Welcome to the boards Trichedronus. Have fun. Stay around, and dont touch the orange glowing ball of orange.
View Post

actually, i wanted an application for making pictures, not plugins :mellow: anyways i aldredy have all of those plugin making applications! 😄

The Cheat, on Jun 26 2005, 03:18 PM, said:

I think he means modler. The only good one that ive found thats free is Wings 3D. Do a google search on it. But that doesnt render very well.
View Post

well got it, but how do i use it? :unsure:

On the Wings site there is a download for the users manual, that should get you started.
http://www.wings3d.com/index.orig.php
If you got the program from somewhere else, this site has the users manual available.

Crusader

Wait, a better modler may be Meshwork and povray. If you want to learn how to raytrace, go ahead. Otherwise, you can use Povray as the renderer and Meshwork as the builder. meshwork is a very simple program. I find it to be quite good too. Unfortiunately, it only supports a cirtain ## of virtices if you don't register. But you can still make low poly models and texture them greaatly. then export them to pov-ray and have a nice render. Meshwork and Pov-ray are both OSX and OS9. Pov-ray is windows as well.

Meshwork

Pov-ray

This post has been edited by Slayer LP-5 : 01 July 2005 - 11:33 PM

Crusader Alpha, on Jun 27 2005, 09:06 PM, said:

On the Wings site there is a download for the users manual, that should get you started.
http://www.wings3d.com/index.orig.php
If you got the program from somewhere else, this site has the users manual available.

Crusader
View Post

i know how to make pictures :), but how do i use the pictures? <_<

Slayer LP-5, on Jul 1 2005, 08:31 PM, said:

Wait, a better modler may be Meshwork and povray. If you want to learn how to raytrace, go ahead. Otherwise, you can use Povray as the renderer and Meshwork as the builder. meshwork is a very simple program. I find it to be quite good too. Unfortiunately, it only supports a cirtain ## of virtices if you don't register. But you can still make low poly models and texture them greaatly. then export them to pov-ray and have a nice render. Meshwork and Pov-ray are both OSX and OS9. Pov-ray is windows as well.

Meshwork

Pov-ray
View Post

I've made a fighter with Meswork 🆒, now how do i use it? :blink: I CANT USE IT FOR A PICTURE!!!! 😮

This post has been edited by Trichedronus : 06 July 2005 - 11:23 AM

I can only assume what you want, but it is probably how to put your model into NOVA, correct?

You have to render the model doing a 360 degree rotation

Like this:
Posted Image

This can be done in many ways.

One is by rendering as a movie, then using m2s application to create the pattern.
Or you can use photoshop or anything else to lay it out manually.

When you have a finished sprite like the one above we can help you further, but please give us some information on what computer you are on, and what applications you are using, and what abilities they have.

can meshworks render simple animations?

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 06 July 2005 - 01:08 PM