My plug in is going Nova! Run!

ankhwatcher, on Feb 23 2005, 11:52 PM, said:

um do you mean bit 5? if so no. otherwise: What are you talkin about?
View Post

okay i turned on bit five (and bit one for good measure) and now i can buy outfits.
but i cant buy a replacement fighter: any thoughts?

What do you mean by a replacement fighter?

bit A5 is required by all ships to be able to purchase outfits in the Nova scenario. This allows the bit to be left unchecked for Vell-os ships so that they are unable to purchase outfits.

Guy, on Feb 24 2005, 04:59 AM, said:

What do you mean by a replacement fighter?

View Post

Well you see i made Shooty as a viper and Bang Bang as a viper but i cant actually buy another once the first one is lost.

by the way. ms paint
Attached File Galactic_Police.bmp (57.08K)
Number of downloads: 43

This post has been edited by ankhwatcher : 25 February 2005 - 05:47 PM

Attached File Untitled.jpg (18.25K)
Number of downloads: 44and GIMP:

We need karma back.

rmx256, on Feb 25 2005, 11:37 PM, said:

We need karma back.
View Post

(imagine this is being said by Eddie Izzard (dressed as a woman if thats your kind of thing)) Do we?

ankhwatcher, on Feb 25 2005, 05:54 PM, said:

blahblahblah, blahblahblah...
View Post

My reply:

The Redeemer said:

The genepool needs a lifeguard

ankhwatcher, on Feb 25 2005, 09:37 PM, said:

Well you see i made Shooty as a viper and Bang Bang as a viper but i cant actually buy another once the first one is lost.
View Post

You mean a carried fighter, or your own ship? I'm still unsure what you mean. What's stopping you from buying it? Does it just not appear in the shipyard or wherever?

Guy, on Feb 26 2005, 04:16 AM, said:

You mean a carried fighter, or your own ship? I'm still unsure what you mean. What's stopping you from buying it? Does it just not appear in the shipyard or wherever?
View Post

Yeah the vipers are carried ships and they do appear in the outfiters but they cant be purchased once the one you were carrying is blown up. i cant figure out why.

what do you mean blahblabblah?

ankhwatcher, on Feb 27 2005, 11:59 AM, said:

i cant figure out why.
View Post

Go back to the plug-in. Open the resource(s) for the fighters and look through all the check-boxes. They should contain the answer. I've never had the problem, so I can't help unless I go and get a little dirty with NovaTools. Which I don't want to do. I'm on a graphics spree right now.

Yeah, check the availbits and requirebits, that you have the correct bay for them and enough space and cash, that they aren't using up gun or turret slots, and stuff like that. What's stopping you from buying it? Does it just say "Can't have any of this item" or something?

Guy, on Feb 28 2005, 06:08 AM, said:

Yeah, check the availbits and requirebits, that you have the correct bay for them and enough space and cash, that they aren't using up gun or turret slots, and stuff like that. What's stopping you from buying it? Does it just say "Can't have any of this item" or something?
View Post

well yeah thats still a problem and i believe its "Can't have any of this item" but my new thing to be annoyed about is this:
I finally found a way of getting a Hitch-Hikers Guide To the Galaxy radio series clip into .wav format (first by re-recording the cd with WM with the setting changed to mp3 then using nero to convert the file to .wav) but when i put it in it only plays about 5-15 seconds of the clip before starting it again and playing it over itself.
this is really rather annoying.
also is there anyway to set up ambient music for a system? (this is for a different plug in which will probably be both too big and too illegal to put on the internet).

ankhwatcher, on Feb 28 2005, 10:39 PM, said:

well yeah thats still a problem and i believe its "Can't have any of this item" but my new thing to be annoyed about is this:
I finally found a way of getting a Hitch-Hikers Guide To the Galaxy radio series clip into .wav format (first by re-recording the cd with WM with the setting changed to mp3 then using nero to convert the file to .wav) but when i put it in it only plays about 5-15 seconds of the clip before starting it again and playing it over itself.
this is really rather annoying.
also is there anyway to set up ambient music for a system? (this is for a different plug in which will probably be both too big and too illegal to put on the internet).
View Post

Post the plug here (or a smaller version with only the problematic resources) and I'll take a look at it. As for the sound, there's a couple of methods to do this which you can find in the cool hacks topic.

Just a small point. It is completely stupid and pointless to say that you are developing the plug for Windows only. It is elitist and defunct since the plugs can be converted from Windows to Mac or vice versa EXTREMELY easily.

Stating over and over that you are developing for Windows just makes it look like you are trying to make a point. Don't be a twat.

Jules, on Mar 1 2005, 01:50 PM, said:

Just a small point. It is completely stupid and pointless to say that you are developing the plug for Windows only. It is elitist and defunct since the plugs can be converted from Windows to Mac or vice versa EXTREMELY easily.

Stating over and over that you are developing for Windows just makes it look like you are trying to make a point. Don't be a twat.
View Post

No, im developing for windows because i own a windows pc and dont actually own a mac, this is difficult enough with one format thanks all the same. and i keep mentioning windows becasue you get windows orientated advice and mac advice may not work.
Its nothing personal (or for that matter professional). if the plug can be easily converted: good. but my aim is to make this plug for my computer. not neccissarily yours.

ankhwatcher, on Mar 1 2005, 08:01 AM, said:

No, im developing for windows because i own a windows pc and dont actually own a mac, this is difficult enough with one format thanks all the same. and i keep mentioning windows becasue you get windows orientated advice and mac advice may not work.
Its nothing personal (or for that matter professional). if the plug can be easily converted: good. but my aim is to make this plug for my computer. not neccissarily yours.
View Post

Wow. Apparently you didn't listen to, er... read what Ewan(Jules) was talking(writing) about... In fact, it's usually Windows users who have trouble because WinNova is so spaztic. And there are almost no differences between Nova and WinNova, and those differences are only related to the fact that Macs are 2 versions ahead of you PC users.

And there are convertors that turn .rez into a Mac Nova plug-in.

You may be developing it on windows which did need mentioning, granted, but that doesnt mean it will only be available for Win Nova users which is what you are saying. That is bollocks. Unless tou use bits which are now used on Mac Nova then it should work fine. You would then be shooting yourself in the foot for when the new version of Win Nova is released.

riiiiiiiiiiight well... good.
Now, moving swiftly onwards does anyone have any hard and fast rules for making missions in EVN i'm presently trying to copy bits of the early vellos missions to make my ones, but i dont understand the control bit expressions and my mission doesn't seem to appear even when i turn the likly hood up to 100% and set it to be mission bbs on sol! any thoughts?

ankhwatcher, on Mar 7 2005, 09:24 PM, said:

riiiiiiiiiiight well... good.
Now, moving swiftly onwards does anyone have any hard and fast rules for making missions in EVN i'm presently trying to copy bits of the early vellos missions to make my ones, but i dont understand the control bit expressions and my mission doesn't seem to appear even when i turn the likly hood up to 100% and set it to be mission bbs on sol! any thoughts?
View Post

Yes: Check the Important Links topic.