TCs currently in development

Shrout1, on Feb 7 2005, 09:19 PM, said:

EV:N Phoenix looks incredible. Those CG sequences look better than a lot of the crap they out there on TV - that's truly amazing.
View Post

They are impressive, but I wouldn't go that far. They look about the same level of quality as Babylon 5's FX towards the end of its run.

Still highly impressive, as I said, but they don't match anything put out by, for instance, Zoic.

I suppose NOverride could be added to the list. Ok, its based upon the Override TC to Nova, but a lot is being changed besides just new graphics.

I cant remember the specifics at the moment (the development files are on my home computer and I wont be back there for another 3 hours, but I plan to fill out the game a bit more. More side quests (just little ones) will be added, and some reworking of the original mission strings will probably take place to make better use of the features the Nova engine has to offer.

Graphics are the main focus of this TC though with EVERY aspect reworked. The interface is looking pretty sweet at the moment, and I have restarted work on the outfits and weapons. I hope to have all the Outfits complete within 2 months before starting work on the ships again.

Story reworks and modifications will take place once the graphical aspect of the game is finished. I personally dont feel up to that task as I'm no resedit master so I will have to recruit for additional help at that stage to get the project finished.

I'm unsure whether or not I will release the graphical mod only version before the full final release. My gut tells me I wont, but if demand is high enough I might consider it.

Don't do it, Ewan. Put the whole thing out. Throw teaser images up somewhere to generate interest if you want, but I recommend not even doing that -- surprise and dazzle us all at once.

Reqiuem said:

And doesn't ev-nova.net have a slightly outdated list?

It's as up-to-date as the latest information I've received from the plug-ins' respective developers. <http://www.ev-nova.net/upcoming/>

This post has been edited by David Arthur : 08 February 2005 - 06:17 PM

David Arthur, on Feb 8 2005, 06:14 PM, said:

Reqiuem said:

It's as up-to-date as the latest information I've received from the plug-ins' respective developers. <http://www.ev-nova.net/upcoming/>
View Post

Well, I guess you should realize that not all developers bother to submit their ideas to you. I'm not trying to offend you, but many EV Devs don't know that ev-nova.net exists. Many people also avoid going there because they use the other ASW forums besides the EV divisions.

(quote name='Anaxagoras' date='Feb 8 2005, 07:56 PM')
It's as up-to-date as the latest information I've received from the plug-ins' respective developers. <(url="http://www.ev-nova.net/upcoming/")http://www.ev-nova.net/upcoming/(/url)>
(right)View Post(/right)
(/quote)
Well, I guess you should realize that not all developers bother to submit their ideas to you. I'm not trying to offend you, but many EV Devs don't know that ev-nova.net exists. Many people also avoid going there because they use the other ASW forums besides the EV divisions.
(right)View Post(/right)
(/quote)

also no offence buy ev-nova.net is cooler too.

Why you ask?

Because I have three time as many posts there as here. 🆒

David Arthur, on Feb 8 2005, 04:14 PM, said:

Reqiuem said:

View Post

I know there have been some problems with the Upcoming Plugs Directory in the past. Specifically, a while ago, I tried to get something listed, but never got any response. If other developers got similar responses, I expect there are many missing listings. 😉

Anaxagoras, add Legacy to the list.

No! Too damn lazy...

Add it!

Fine...

For those who are interested . . .

Babylon 5 Progress Log

Questions or comments, send 'em on down the line.

Andcarne said:

I know there have been some problems with the Upcoming Plugs Directory in the past. Specifically, a while ago, I tried to get something listed, but never got any response. If other developers got similar responses, I expect there are many missing listings.

How long ago? For a while, the submissions were going to SoySauce - who had left the site - through an email address to which I didn't have access. At the moment (though hopefully not for too much longer), they're going directly to me, and I'm generally updating every weekend.

David Arthur, on Feb 17 2005, 06:05 PM, said:

I'm generally updating every weekend.View Post

Yay! I'll try to get off my lazy ass and e-mail you about Legacy. Eventually.

liquid_doom, on Feb 6 2005, 01:29 PM, said:

EVN: Phoenix
View Post

Wow. That's just unbelievable.

I really can't wait to see the finished plugin.

I can think of another one 🙂

Final Eclipse

Jager

I'll add it later.

Are you actually maintaining a list online somewhere?

rmx256, on Feb 26 2005, 06:37 PM, said:

Are you actually maintaining a list online somewhere?
View Post

No, but after this topic gets old and senile like the bitch it is, I'll post a topic with the list and have mrxak pin it. In fact, I'll do that right now.

I think that's a fine idea. You should include links to thier forums. I can never find the one for Sephill...

rmx256, on Feb 26 2005, 09:14 PM, said:

I think that's a fine idea. You should include links to thier forums. I can never find the one for Sephill...
View Post

Sephi l? It's part of AP^3.

I know about that one. They have a new one somewhere...

rmx256, on Feb 27 2005, 03:03 PM, said:

I know about that one. They have a new one somewhere...
View Post

Really? I'll try to contact Charlie or Orca...