Plug Group

Looking for permission for the use of ..

Im a new plug developer and am finally nearly finished a experiment of my own. I have mostly The plug I'm making is a collection of manny differnt plugs all converted to be compatable. I forgot to write down the creators of the several plugs I have found and wish to get their permission so I can post his on the web.

The plugs are:

"Arpia 1.1: tale of an agency" - by Pace (haldora)
"Hell Hound X"
"Slayer 1.1" - by StormyNight
"HeeavyWeponsWarshipsPack II"
"Missile tonnage" By: Firefox3050 (Maybe)
"New Bays"
And a few of my own.

If anyone can give their creators e-mail to me I would be gratefull.
Please E-Mail me at Sylvanusz5@yahoo.com

Uhh... If these are EV plugs, this is in the wrong place. Try the EV Board.

Notify the creaters of the plugs, contact info should be in the read-mes of the plug.

This post has been edited by Destroyer E : 02 January 2005 - 03:02 PM

Welcome to the boards! And you might want to try the developer's corner instead.

Sylvanus, on Jan 2 2005, 02:04 PM, said:

Im a new plug developer and am finally nearly finished a experiment of my own. I have mostly The plug I'm making is a collection of manny differnt plugs all converted to be compatable. I forgot to write down the creators of the several plugs I have found and wish to get their permission so I can post his on the web.

The plugs are:

"Arpia 1.1: tale of an agency" - by Pace (haldora)
"Hell Hound X"
"Slayer 1.1" - by StormyNight
"HeeavyWeponsWarshipsPack II"
"Missile tonnage" By: Firefox3050 (Maybe)
"New Bays"
And a few of my own.
View Post

Ok, are you converting these plugins to windows or to mac format? Because many of those plugins are already in windows format, and some of those plugins also can be downloaded in mac format.

This post has been edited by WraithSniper : 02 January 2005 - 04:29 PM

You'll get a much better response to this on the EV Developers Corner, which is where I'm moving this topic. Good luck with your plugin!

Why don't you just post the links on the net, as opposed to repackaging someone else's work? Arpia, for example, doesn't have much to do with the others in any way.

Arpia 1.1 has a PC and a Mac version on ASW (because I made a mistake), so no need for another pre-converted version.
I don't mind you making it compatible with other plugs as long as you put the ReadMe with it.
And anyway, it may well be a bit stupid because Arpia a little like a teaser for Arpia 2, which won't be compatible with many plugs because of the number of resources used, and it's getting closer to being finished So your plug would only be somewhat useful for a few months

Pace (haldora), on Jan 3 2005, 12:45 AM, said:

Arpia 1.1 has a PC and a Mac version on ASW (because I made a mistake), so no need for another pre-converted version.
I don't mind you making it compatible with other plugs as long as you put the ReadMe with it.
And anyway, it may well be a bit stupid because Arpia a little like a teaser for Arpia 2, which won't be compatible with many plugs because of the number of resources used, and it's getting closer to being finished So your plug would only be somewhat useful for a few months
View Post

Sure, I will. The original idea was to allow the main three, Haldora's Arpia, New Bays, and the Heavy wep plug co-exist but I got a little carried away. The plug wont go out anyway for another mounth or two because the opening mission to Arpia wont work. I dont have much free time anyway. Thank God for snow days. :laugh:

-If builders built building the way programmers programed programs the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civelisation-

Sylvanus, on Jan 5 2005, 05:22 PM, said:

Sure, I will. The original idea was to allow the main three, Haldora's Arpia, New Bays, and the Heavy wep plug co-exist but I got a little carried away. The plug wont go out anyway for another mounth or two because the opening mission to Arpia wont work. I dont have much free time anyway. Thank God for snow days. :laugh:

-If builders built building the way programmers programed programs the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civelisation-
View Post

If you are indeed planning on releasing it, then I will have to get you to modify a few things. The main one is to get rid of the mission ID 920 and to get rid of all "s920" operators in the missions.
The second is that in 1.0.8 for Mac, there is an added mission ID 918. So what you do is you change the ID of mission 919 (aka Pirate Hunt II) to 920 and change Pirate Hunt I to ID 919.

About the mission not starting, have a look at your pilot log and at the availbits for Pirate Hunt I (=> !((b900 | b511) | (b515 | b512)) )
If any of these bits shows in your pilotlog, then it's normal it doesn't work.

I think those are the major things that need changing.

Apart from that, a little detail. Call me Pace. Haldora is just another secondary name I use besides because I relate to Haldora's character ;).

Pace (haldora), on Jan 5 2005, 11:42 AM, said:

If you are indeed planning on releasing it, then I will have to get you to modify a few things. The main one is to get rid of the mission ID 920 and to get rid of all "s920" operators in the missions.
The second is that in 1.0.8 for Mac, there is an added mission ID 918. So what you do is you change the ID of mission 919 (aka Pirate Hunt II) to 920 and change Pirate Hunt I to ID 919.

About the mission not starting, have a look at your pilot log and at the availbits for Pirate Hunt I (=> !((b900 | b511) | (b515 | b512)) )
If any of these bits shows in your pilotlog, then it's normal it doesn't work.

I think those are the major things that need changing.

Apart from that, a little detail. Call me Pace. Haldora is just another secondary name I use besides because I relate to Haldora's character ;).
View Post

Thanks, the plug problem is nearly gone (snow days) and I'll be glad to make the changes. By the way the plug is in Windows Rez. format and made with the EV New edditor.

It's EVNEW, not EV new. 🙂

EVNEW stands for Escape Velocity Nova Editor for Windows, and the acronym just happened to sound like EVnew.

Requiem, on Jan 8 2005, 12:21 PM, said:

It's EVNEW, not EV new. 🙂

EVNEW stands for Escape Velocity Nova Editor for Windows, and the acronym just happened to sound like EVnew.
View Post

"shrug"

Thanks. :mellow: