Background

Is it possible to change the colour of the space background, as in from black to blue, and the stars from stars to wave-crest-like-things? I started thinking about how it would be neat to make a naval TC.

It's been tried before. The ships kept going on top of each other. But on to your questions:

Yes, you can change the color. Notice in Alphara how it is yellow. In the syst resource, there's a place where you can choose the color of the background. And for stars, yup, you can change those too. I know it has to do with cicns or something like that... Someone should know...

Spin/RleD 700 for the stars. I think you can have up to 16 frames.

If you give all the ships PD repulsor beams of very low strength, they won't go over each other.

But boats need to be inertialess, and inertialess ships respond oddly to repulsor beams. They're jerky in their movements when repulsed because they can't move sideways, and sometimes they don't even respond. You need quite a bit of force for it to work.

Submarines would be much easier than ships.

Believe me, I know.

And then we could have a submarine TC and a naval TC.

This post has been edited by Mantaray : 22 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

I think I would be fine if the ships ran over each other. It's more the whole thing than the little detail of them going over each other. It would take away from the realism, but that's okay.

Or, to make it even more realistic, an insanely powerful, short ranged PD beam that destroyed both ships when they got too close. Simulate them crashing. thinks about how escape pods would work with this. Imagines a rowboat flying a bajillion km/h like the escape pod 😄

Requiem, on Nov 22 2004, 10:05 PM, said:

Or, to make it even more realistic, an insanely powerful, short ranged PD beam that destroyed both ships when they got too close. Simulate them crashing. thinks about how escape pods would work with this. Imagines a rowboat flying a bajillion km/h like the escape pod 😄
View Post

The AI only shoots enemies. Allied ships will still float over eachother.

Oh right, forgot about that... That's a problem...