EVO: Expanded

New Plug-In Released

Hi, all. I've just released a new plug-in! It's available from Google Drive here.

EVO: Expanded is a plug-in for Guy's port of EV Override for Nova that blends with and expands upon the stock EVO scenario. It adds more stories, updates balance, and adds various new features, many of which are only possible with the Nova engine.

For screenshots and more detailed information, click "Show" below:

Spoiler

Posted Image

(Also, the Addons page upload system seems to be broken - it gives a "MODx Parse Error". Who can I contact about that?)

This plug-in is for the EVO setup on Nova, so I've created threads in both forums. Here's the other thread.

This post has been edited by Mag Steelglass : 21 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

Ambrosia Software's staff is fairly limited right now. As in, little more than one person in a room, so I've heard. The Add-On pages haven't worked in quite a while and I doubt they ever will.

Oh, that's sad to hear. And I assume there is no third-party/community plug-in directory? So people who are looking for plug-ins just have to dig through the forums?

Well they still work for downloading (most of the) plug-ins that were uploaded before the staff dwindled, you just can't upload new ones anymore.

@darthkev, on 22 December 2015 - 12:54 PM, said in EVO: Expanded:

Well they still work for downloading (most of the) plug-ins that were uploaded before the staff dwindled, you just can't upload new ones anymore.

That's good at least. But for example, if I wanted to see what plug-ins have been released since then, I'd have to just dig through the forums until I reach the time period when the addons page stopped working?

(And for that matter, have there been any plug-ins released in that time?)

The only ones I remember being released since the Add-On pages went kaput were a Ship Variants plug-in for the EVO port, and another for stock EVN that gives the player an alternate, less evil storyline when working for the Feds. I have copies of both, if you'd like, or you should be able to locate the threads on the EVN and Developers sections of the forum.

Thanks - I'd be happy to grab those from you. 🙂 In particular I'm curious about the EVO ship variants, and seeing what direction someone else took them in as opposed to what I did in EVO: Expanded. Perhaps there are some good innovations that could be included in a later release!

Also, I feel like the community would benefit from having a pinned thread specifically as a listing of post-Addons-page-break plug-ins, with download links listed for each plug-in, and that it would be good to include both of those plug-ins in that thread. Does that make sense? Would the community be interested in that, as a plug-in-finding resource? (And how does one create a pinned thread?)

Only Admins/Moderators can pin threads, but given the current state of the community, I find it unlikely they'd deem it worthwhile. There aren't many players around these days. However, I am not a Mod, and therefore cannot speak for them. Feel free to PM one of them, I guess, and see if they'd be willing to make it happen.

In the meantime, I can give you a download link for the EVO Ship Variants plug-in here. I also found the release thread for Brotherhood of the Kestrel, a port of a TC originally made for EVC by TheLizardKing to the EVN engine by MacDevil.

Unfortunately, I can't give you the other EVN plug-in I mentioned. While looking for its release thread, all I found was the author's initial testing thread. They never deemed it finished so I don't feel right giving it out without permission first. I've sent the author a PM, however, so hopefully they respond in the affirmative.

Congrats on finishing this EVO Expansion plug! There's lots of great stuff in it that really change up the game. People should really give this a try when their nostalgia begins to call them back once more.

DarthKev: Thanks for the info and plug-in links. It looks like Brotherhood of the Kestrel is no longer accessible though. 😞

1purevengeance1: Thanks for the plug for my plug (har har har), and I'm glad you like it so much!

@mag-steelglass, on 26 December 2015 - 01:54 AM, said in EVO: Expanded:

Thanks for the info and plug-in links. It looks like Brotherhood of the Kestrel is no longer accessible though. 😞

Oh right, I'd forgotten Mac Devil's Dropbox account was deactivated due to excessive traffic. Here is a link to a copy he asked me to mirror when that happened, and which I forgot I still had in my Dropbox. Just, please, don't go downloading it all at once. I wouldn't want my account deactivated, as well. 😉

(BTW, you might find a similar post to this one at the end of the release thread for BOTK)

Aha. Thanks for that. And yes, now that I look closer, I see that you did indeed already include a link in the BOTK release thread. My bad for not being observant.