Plug-In Testers Wanted

Coraxus: Oooh, what're you working on? Or do you want to keep the details secret? How far along are you? Etc?

Geek: I haven't gotten a chance to seriously look into the weapon ranges yet, but it's on my to-do list!

daowei: Just sent you a PM! 🙂

1purevengance1: Glad you're enjoying it so much! I feel like it'd be best to try to keep things mostly in email, to avoid too many spoilers. But a few spoilers aren't too bad! So I'll go ahead and respond here:

The fuel scoop, and the other expensive ship upgrades, are game-changers for many types of ships, so I wanted to make them a serious investment - my goal was that, unlike in stock EVO, the player will have to pick and choose which ones are most important to them - and will also have to be strategic in determining how much money to invest in upgrades for their current ship, vs saving up to get more upgrades on a future ship - and getting a cheap ship w/ many upgrades vs an expensive ship w/ few upgrades, etc.

Re: traders: IIRC in the actual EVO game (not as a plug-in for Nova), the UE, at least, doesn't like it when you raid traders. I'll look into it!

By "UE frontier ship", I assume you mean the Freight-Courier? You see them all over the Crescent even in stock EVO, so I figured as long as they're there, you may as well be able to hire them. I think stock-EVO's explanation is that those are the only human civilians with ships robust-enough to travel around the Crescent and survive against the renegades.

The "variants" in EVO: Expanded are the same ships w/ diff weapon loadouts - the idea behind them is just that different captains put different weapons on their ships, instead of in stock EVO where all captains always have the default weapons.

I must say, one of the big things I miss from evo was the fighter ai. Having fighters that actually rushed the player instead of doing weird bouncing back and forth moves while slowly getting to the player one by one, or getting called back to the mothership. This ai change is huge with the asdagari. I remember the 5 bagillion speed on their fighters were impossible to evade. I always found fighter ai useless in nova 😛

Still enjoying the new content. Haven't run into any missions that seemed out of place in the game.

The 'swarm' tactics the Nova AI uses don't work correctly. I haven't checked, but I suspect many of the fighter classes have this checked. That's why only one at a time moves toward the player while the rest stay behind in a clump.

Hi everyone. I'm very busy atm (moving/road-tripping across the US), but am doing my best to work on the 6th "candidate" version as I get time. I've already fixed a few issues, but there are a few remaining items that I haven't gotten to yet. I'm hoping to take care of them within the next few days.

This post has been edited by Mag Steelglass : 05 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

Also, I want to say thanks to all of you guys - your feedback and reports have already been very helpful!

This post has been edited by Mag Steelglass : 05 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

@mag-steelglass, on 02 September 2015 - 01:33 AM, said in Plug-In Testers Wanted:

Coraxus: Oooh, what're you working on? Or do you want to keep the details secret? How far along are you? Etc?

If you've both been working on some expanded evo missions, maybe you could combine efforts? Obviously, that would be up to you guys and if you had some similar things that matched up. I've really enjoyed your stuff so for Steel 🙂

I'll be interested to see your work, Coraxus!

In terms of combining efforts, it sounds interesting to me. I've set EVO: Expanded up so that the graphics are in their own separate file, so in theory it should be easy to swap them out for new-and-improved graphics.

Hi, everyone. I've just finished a new "candidate" version (Candidate 6), and am in the process of emailing it to you all! It includes some bug fixes and a few miscellaneous updates. Enjoy!

Hey wait a minute it didn't occur to me, but how the heck are you guys sending PMs? I thought the profile view had been disabled for several years!

Under each person's posts is a button to PM them. The messenger system itself works fine, too.

Yeah, I've been using the little envelope button on the left under each person's avatar.

Also, for all of the testers: I just emailed Candidate 7 out to you, with fixes for some pretty significant bugs. Many thanks to DarthKev for diagnosing them! And thanks again to all of you! We're slowly but surely getting closer to a release-ready version.

I'd be happy to help as well. I first read this on the Nova forums. I've done some testing before. If you look in the about Nova section of EV Nova and scroll down to the Windows Beta testers, my name is the fourth one in that section. I was the guy who was able to reproduce the map crash bug consistently and with my persistence and Matt Slot's programming savvy, said bug was squished. In the process, we also quite accidentally tripped a crash when accessing the map from the outfitter and got that bug squashed too.

EDIT: That positioning is in the windows beta testing credits in the very latest Windows version of Nova, by the way. Couldn't tell you where they had me in the 1.0.10 version of those credits, though likely the same place, because there was no reason to change. Also, I have gone by CaptJosh on the forums before, but I lost my password and I no longer have the e-mail that goes with that user name, so I started over.

This post has been edited by LaineyBugsDaddy : 01 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

Just confirming that I got your newest version in the email and will be playing it more when I have a chance. 🙂

Is it me or is anyone else having trouble with the borked attachment upload system? 😕 Either way, I was forced to use some image uploader thingy to load these: 😄 Keep in mind this is definitely Work In Progress!

Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 04 October 2015 - 12:52 AM

LaineyBugsDaddy: Sent you a pm! 🙂

1purevengeance1: FYI, DarthKev found another bug/it turns out my fix for the last one just changed the problem instead of fixing it. I don't have time to properly fix it right now, but expect another version soon!

Coraxus: Now I'm curious what ship that is! My best guesses would be either a Crescent Fighter or a Krait? Maybe a Shuttle? Whatever it is, it looks cool!

Well, let's just say one thing for certain, it's definitely not a Krait :3

@Coraxis: Ah yes, the more I look at it the more Crescent-Fightery it appears. 🙂

@Everyone: I just sent Candidate 8 out, with a few more bug fixes. It's getting there!

This post has been edited by Mag Steelglass : 08 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

Here's an updated work:
Posted Image

It might just be the angle, but your cresent fighter looks a bit longer compared to the fighters in game. Not saying it's better or worse, just saying my observation.

Also, got your update Mag. "Candidate 8"