Webstory?

and.... it looks like this isn't having to much intrest or what not....

I love EVO! I would be willing to try and make time for an EVO webstory. I could help get it started, I have some webstory-running experience. I would probably run a mercenary character.

I think you would be running a goverment instead of a particular character. I think?

either, at least from what I remember from several I was involved in. Some players where running gov's, but a few (like myself) prefered to stick with a single character + a fleet or such. Kept things interesting.

So, could a character become the leader of a goverment? Could someone just narrarate the actions of a goverment? And could someone play a character that starts working for a certain goverment (forming partner ships and "teams")?

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner; internet around my place has been a crap-shoot lately and I've barely had a chance to read, let alone post. Hopefully, my ISP has finished mucking about with the cable infrastructure.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that interest has picked up again. With so many potential players, it might be possible to pull a webstory off after all.

And to answer your question, TwoJacks: in the standard scenario, the player is the leader of a government, and micromanages everything (part of why I'm considering EVO; lots of factions, and they're relatively balanced). Sometimes people go independent or mercenary, but they typically have less of an impact than the 'big-shot' players.

QUOTE (~vIsitor~ @ Jun 18 2009, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<snip>
but they typically have less of an impact than the 'big-shot' players.

Typically but not always 😛

Interest has picked up! Hurah!

If you want an example, here is the last web story I played in:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...=0#entry1520359

So, yes, people may play a major empire, a single independent planet, or a mercenary fleet. Often they use a single character who is the leader of the government, but you can really do whatever you want. Emphasis on "web story ," you can do whatever floats your creative boat. For example, in the above link Paranoid (playing Igadzra) developed an entire Igadzra Council, with several characters each with slightly different aims, yet he controlled them all. You could in theory play a character without any fleet, but that might be more challenging to handle properly.

Y'know... playing the CEO of a large Miranu company may be fun...

In other news, my schedule has opened up and I can give a definite yes to playing if/when this gets started.

This post has been edited by n64mon : 19 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

I'd be willing to precipitate too. hai...
anyways, I would like to control a small group of mercenarys. But i wil remember that it IS a story, so my guys could die. But I'd be willing to be take control of a small group of mercenaries/traders. I'm more for anything UNTIL i know when this story would be set.
OOCs. Out of character
My question is how exactly do OOCs work.. PLEASE ANSWER me. please.. I can always blast you with 5 sparking neutron guns if you refuse..

This post has been edited by Sparking Z : 24 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

Most likely there will be two threads, one in-character and the other out-of-character.
Also, yes it's a story, but everyone has a say in it. So, if you want your characters to live, talk with whoever you're butting heads with and work out how to have them survive. There's never "I shoot you and you die" posts. One person posts "I shoot you", and the other can post a response. Even if your characters are in a tough situation, I'm sure everyone here is willing to work out a way to keep people alive, whether capturing, escape pods, etc.

anyways, is there going to be anyone playing the Nadir?

This post has been edited by Sparking Z : 29 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

So, it's been established that there is interest in this. So how will we go about starting it up?

Get enough people to push on it hard enough, and eventually it'll build up momentum and start going. Then it gets away from you, starts rolling downhill, plows through a couple of houses and maybe a flock of sheep, and before you know it someone's somehow managed to run themselves over.

In the meantime, you could check this topic out. It's not a webstory with RP'ing, per se, rather it's a strategy game. And just because I propose an EVN setting, doesn't mean someone couldn't host a game in the EVO setting also.

Was there still any interest in this?

I was around way back in the day for the first webstories, and I'm bored and feeling creative atm.

If so, I call the Voinians. O.o

I still intend to get around to this, but I need to set things in order first (like finding a decent EVO reference map to link to). Been very busy the last month or so.
_
When_ I start this, I intend to GM from a purely administrative, rather than as one of the players (as is traditional) role as not to disrupt things too much if I end up "disappering" again. Of course, if anyone wants to jump the gun and try their hand at it first, be my guest.

There was a program, I forget the name, but I used it for all the webstories I participated in. EV Map Editor or something simplistic like that. Wasn't the most stable for stuff like plug-ins, but, it was highly customizable and was easy to use to build a graphical map. Of course, I liked it cuz it could add systems, which we probably won't need... Still, I thought it best to mention in case.

Hey CC!!!

Anyways, I'm still interested, I use to have a full reference for all the EV/EVO ships with stats, etc, map and all... I'll have to dig it out (it was a website I built with the info)

YES!

To bad everyone has since moved on....
I could host it on the condition that we make Captain Carnotaur play. 😛