Which is your favourite way of getting money?

How do you like to get cash?

Poll: Which is your favourite way of getting money? (32 member(s) have cast votes)
Which is your favourite way of getting money?
Missions
(8 votes [25.00%])
Percentage of vote: 25.00%
Trading
(7 votes [21.88%])
Percentage of vote: 21.88%
Pirating
(15 votes [46.88%])
Percentage of vote: 46.88%
Dominating
(2 votes [6.25%])
Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Personally, I like to get money by dominating and pirating. Makes me feel bad 😉

Looting pirates. It's lucrative and quite satisfying. Sometimes I might do trading, if I think I can make quick cash.

Pirating Pirates is the most fun.

When I really want cash. I do the Crassworm Run (Crassworms between Omm and Pax).

lol i guessed no one would choose trading
it is ludicrously slow* and boring (exept the misers run)

*excuse the poshness

Missions, trading, saving, and outfits. It makes me feel so innocent. Though I admit I destroy pirates a lot. But I don't board them that much. They don't have an extreme lot.

Its sometimes good to board përs ships.
they can have like millions sometimes:lol:

has this thing ended or something?

I'm a pirate of pirates as well. I usually save my cash for a ship or outfits.

By dominating, I saved up something like 181,000,000 credits. I have a voinian dreadnought at the moment, But he's getting rather boring...

I save all my credits and never spend them. I fly a shuttle.

That's just wierd

While I'm still trading, that's what I usually do after my 2+ time through a game/plug. When I break 15million or whatever I'll buy a mildly powerfull ship and mod it, then jump to a big fancy one when I can.

Trading's definitely the fastest, but pirating is more fun.

You don't do mission strings for money, you do it because you're patriotic. Simple mission-comuter ones are way too slow. You do those untill you have enough money to start trading.

Yeah, put me down for counterpiracy, too. I would have voted in the poll, but that wasn't an option.

All work and no pirate makes pirate a dull pirate.

Dominating way better. There's more action involved.

@callide, on Apr 1 2006, 06:37 AM, said in Which is your favourite way of getting money?:

Looting pirates. It's lucrative and quite satisfying. Sometimes I might do trading, if I think I can make quick cash.

exactly looting pirates in evo or evn is the best way to get money bar none. of course you have to have a decent ship first, but once you do money isn't really a problem.

I found pirating in Nova a toughie. Most of the time Rebels would jump into the system and take out the ship I was attacking. :mad:

@cpt--mackyboy, on Apr 13 2006, 12:24 AM, said in Which is your favourite way of getting money?:

Dominating way better. There's more action involved.

I find dominating planets a tad dull. It would be cool if the def ships were all different, it would make things more interesting. Or if the planet you were dominating sent out asteroids or mines. Anything to break up the tedium of every planet sending out the same thing.

That's one of the many reasons I'm not a fan of Nova. I made three main pilot files in EV and EVO, one a normal one, very innocent, doesn't destroy many things, one a pilot who pirates pirates (destroys pirates and boards them), and one who is completely evil, dominating everything and destroying random things. Only disadvantage of dominating is you've got stupid bounty hunters in kestrels chasing you. :mad:

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 08 May 2006 - 03:56 PM

Although it's a bit cheap, I've found a decent way to earn money fairly quickly. Take over the three Emalghian planets, land on a friendly planet, and then type llenter as fast as you can. After about five minutes, you'll earn a few million.

Nova has some pretty good ways to make money as well. Usually, I start off by buying an asteroid miner, mining opals in loadstone and selling them on lotus. Later, when I have a fairly combat able ship, I pirate the pirates. The carriers and leviathans each hold around 500,000, so after boarding a few of those, you can buy whatever you want.

I love to make money by pirating the pirates, and any enemies of who I'm working for.