The No Name Bar

Originally posted by Dr. Black:
**You can get banned for that?

If I explain the joke, it will irrevocably ruin it.

------------------
(url="http://"http://thegreenfiles.net/")thegreenfiles.net(/url)
"Oh... is that right, Rambo?"
cogito cogito ergo cogito sum
thegreenfile@gmail.com

Wow, In the same amount of time that you guys have made 180 posts, us at the BoozyBarŽ have made 253. You guys are slow.

------------------
"How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?" - Unknown
You know you are the king of procrastination when you dont start a project until after it's due.
No car, no license, no cash, no life. Coincidence?

Originally posted by emainiac:
**Wow, In the same amount of time that you guys have made 180 posts, us at the BoozyBarŽ have made 253. You guys are slow.

I may be an idiot, but at least I know the English language.

"In the same amount of time that you guys have made 180 posts, WE at the BoozyBarŽ have made 253. You guys are slow."

We may be slow, but you are stupid.

------------------
I'll so offend to make offence a skill,
redeeming time when men think least I will.
- Hal

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-23-2004).)

Smacks JS upside the head with a stop-sign.

------------------
"How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?" - Unknown
You know you are the king of procrastination when you dont start a project until after it's due.

Originally posted by TheGreenFile:
**Did emainiac get karmabanned or something, and now is posting as a guest?

No, someone else is posting as me. Probably JS.

------------------

the echo of his voice faded into silence. he heard a gunshot

or mayhap it twas me, emainiacnord?

Dech watched Jacey and Yume leave the bar together, and smiled. Be careful, kid.

Turning to Nicol, he laid a big sloppy kiss on her cheek, then hopped over the bar.

"Anyone who kills a Boozy patron and hangs their carcass from the sign out front as a warning gets free drinks on the house!" Dech yelled, grinning.

------------------
thegreenfile@gmail.com

(This message has been edited by TheGreenFile (edited 07-23-2004).)

Emaniac, your boozy bar is dead. And it is good that this bar progresses slower. It makes it easier to follow. I posted on Eversor Station for a while but didn't have the time to read the 5-10 long posts that showed up every day.
If you don't like this bar, why are you actually here? Just don't read it and stop getting on everyone's nerves.
BTW, why should Jacey insult himself? You're not making sense.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

-just watches the people get mad at Emaniac, yawn-

(Might be edited...)

------------------

Jacey had no idea what went through Yume’s mind as they kissed, but he did notice the warmth between them. And, to Jacey, that warmth went beyond physical attraction. He didn’t know what to call it yet, but he hoped in his heart it signified something special.

Straightening up, Jacey whispered something in Yume’s ear. Unable, however, to see her face more clearly through the darkness, Jacey misjudged her reaction, thinking she rejected what he had just said.

He sighed disappointedly and stepped back.

Jacey then told her, still with a small smile on his face, “Well... maybe my words will never be able to express it properly... but don’t you know by now how I feel about you?
...Can’t you feel it too?”

In the darkness, Jacey looked into Yume’s eyes. “ Jeez... those blue gems of hers get me every time...”

Jacey winked at her.
“Anyway, it’s time for us to back,” he told her softly.

Giving her a little more space than before, Jacey still kept one arm around Yume’s side. Remembering to pick up the metal device he had found, he then twirled it with his other hand as the couple strolled along.

What had he whispered to her? Jacey had already forgotten.
So, to keep his mind from going crazy over the girl next to him, he began to hum the tune he had heard rocking from Larra's speakers.

Jacey held Yume closer as they continued.

They approached the corner of the No Name.

Jacey quieted down when they reached the bar.
He hold the door open for Yume as they reentered.

“Thanks for coming, Yume.”

----------
Dech and Nicol both looked up as the two kids came through the doors. They looked at each other and smiled before Dech returned to wiping the counter.
----------

Jacey led Yume to a table near one end of the the counter, and the two sat down together.

“Oh, um... Dech?” Jacey called distractedly. “I found something. I dunno what it is, but you might have a use for it...”
He tossed it to the bartender.

Without looking up from what he was doing Dech raised his arm and caught the object neatly in one hand.
Then, with Nicol looking over his shoulder, Dech placed it on the counter and examined the metal rod carefully.
He found a small indentation on the tip and pressed his finger to it.
On the opposite side of the rod an electrode extended a foot out through the end of the device.

Dech smiled mischievously.

It was a cattle prod.

------------------
- Hal

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-02-2004).)

How strange..., she thought as she looked at Jacey across the table they were sitting at. She was still trying to figure out what he had whispered to her a while ago. She hadn't really been paying attention back then because she had still been a little dazed about the kiss.

And about the kiss... What had she been thinking letting Jacey steal one!! Well, it was pointless to do something about it now. She was still a little confused about the sensations she had felt throughout the kiss. Had they been real? Or was it just an effect of the kiss? She had never let any boy kiss her that long before...

She just sighed as she let the thoughts fade away. It was all in the past now, no point in fussing over it now. She just looked at Jacey through slightly closed eyes while she had watched as he tossed something to her employeer Dech. She wondered what it was but her interest in it was only brief like everything else as she looked back to Jacey.

She would let her gaze roam over him now. Something else was pricking at her now. She had hesitated... She had actually hesitated! Why?, she wondered as she stared at Jacey intently. She shouldn't have hesitated to protest or at least push him away... Unless she was actually getting some feelings for this boy.

A inner shudder ran through her at that thought as she wasn't sure if that was a good thing. Did she really have emotions and feelings? They felt so...foreign... There was one good thing that came from being void. You never hesitated to kill any one. And by any one, that meant also the people that cared about you and loved you because you had no feelings for them whatsoever.

If she had emotions for this boy, it could prove as a weakness to hersslf and a danger not only to her but the boy himself. Should she even let herself have feelings for this boy? She wondered as this thought pricked at her like a bad itch. He seemed to have feelings for her... great and deep feelings. And she thought she had sensed that when they had kissed...

She had never..felt before. Never had any emotions or feelings towards any one or thing. She had entered this crazy and complicated world without such a thing called emotions. And now she was starting to think that she was learning to actually...feel... Was this a good thing? Or was this a bad thing? She wondered as she looked to the boy who seemed to like her a lot.

She hadn't forgotten the sensations that she had felt in the kiss. They still lingered in the deepest reaches of her mind. And the sensations had felt...wonderful. Could something wonderful and great be a harmless thing? She frowned a little as she had her doubts. Even the most beautiful rose could have a awful scent to it.

Her frown disapeared just as quickly as it appeared as she watched Jacey now in slight curiousity. And yet, what if those sensations weren't bad? She wouldn't mind feeling them again She did like them... She wouldn't deny that. She wondered what caused it. What was its source... Was it just the kiss itself that created these sensations? Or was it something...more? She wondered as she looked to Jacey with a calm and serene expression while those crystals of hers sparkled a little.

------------------

Feeling immensely proud of what he had accomplished thus far, Jacey leaned back in his seat with his hands in his pockets. A smug smile crept its way across his face. Then - as soon as he had put them in - he yanked them back out. In his left hand was his blaster, in his right - a note?

Unfolding it and holding it away so Yume couldn’t read it- he turned and stuck his tongue out at her as he did this - Jacey read the typed words:

The duel must have gone well. At least you survived.
Still, you’ve accomplished nothing.
Meet me at SD5, S3, LP841 - BL

Jacey raised an eyebrow when he recognized the initials at the end. Where had he been this whole time? On second thought Jacey was glad to have spent some time without his mentor’s help.

Trying to sound as sexy as possible, Jacey said to Yume in a voice as smooth as velvet, “Sorry, babe, your man has to go do some important business.” Jacey prompty rose from his seat and tried to step forward, but his foot caught on the leg of his chair.

Jacey landed flat on his face.

Getting up quickly to avoid letting Yume see his embarrassment, Jacey ran out the door.

😛

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-25-2004).)

The Legend of the Voronov
Part I

The V. I. S. Voronov

Ship Commander First Rank Zathe ek Daal looked out the main viewport, not liking what he saw. The pirate station that had once been a mere speck of grey upon the trillion-color tridimensional tactical display now loomed across most of the front screen of the bridge of the Voronov. The Voinian Imperial Ship, a modified heavy fighter owned and operated by the Voinian Security Directorate (VSD), had so far made its approach without showing off any of its more outlandish equipment. The ship commander preferred to keep—how did the human scum say it?—as many aces up his sleeves as possible.

Ship Commander Second Rank Shek Sunrunner climbed up the ladder leading up to the bridge of the Voronov. While he was on his way to the commander's chair an aide handed him his daily brew of Dur'achi coffee—a subtle but important reminder of home—and then he met up with the ship commander.

"These pirates are sloppy, Shek." Zathe turned around to face his friend. "This mission is a waste of my time."

"Normally, I would agree, comrade. But Somm's been wanting to get a look at the insides of that place, and the Emperor happens to agree with him. Sometimes it's nice being able to call in some favors from the old crown, wouldn't you say?"

"Aye," muttered Zathe. Shek referred to the Voronov 's Chief Engineer, Lelos Somm, a Dur'achi, just like every single man and woman on this ship. The Dur'achi had allied themselves with the Empire once it became obvious just how large the Voinian dominion was. The Voinians had agreed, because their navy couldn't take on Dur'achi technology. So the two had settled on an alliance—somewhat different from the typical Voinian diplomatic solution to encountering a new civilization. The Dur'achi would send a million soldiers every year to serve the Empire—and the Dur'achi were an adventurous enough people that there was usually a waiting list of three-million volunteers— and in return the Voinians would not send overwhelming force to destroy the Dur'achi, while also giving the Dur'achi scientists some armor samples to play with. The Dur'achi had sweetened the deal by sending an old (although the Voinians did not know it as such) shield generator to Vorik for study.

But now this was something new. The pirates on the Rock were rumored to have many secrets. The Voinian Security Directorate, the Empire's black ops and intelligence agency, wanted to know if there was anything that could be of use to the Empire that could be acquired. Legal concerns on this issue had been tossed aside—unwritten convention stated that theft from a pirate was punishable only if a sovereign navy was present to care. Stealing from civilizations such as the Miranu or the Zidagar was often deemed to risky, even for the VSD's taste, but it had been known to happen.

Known only to the VSD, of course.

So this mission might actually be worthwhile, Zathe thought. He still didn't mind the fact that he wasn't going to actually be on the Rock, though. That special and joyous task was reserved for Shek and Somm.

The Rock

The two Dur'achi swordmasters disembarked from the Voronov after it had docked with the Rock. Moments later, the VSD warship was returning to what Zathe called "safe waters"—the asteroid field. The ship commander could be quite strange at times.

After following the directions of a surly guard, the two found themselves at the entrance of the No Name Bar. Both were armed, each with an automatic neutron pistol, Voinian combat knife, and Dur'achi diamond glaive.

"Anything yet, comrade?" Shek whispered to Somm. Perhaps the engineer had spotted something unusual just on the walk here.

"No. So far nothing. Five credits says the gear's in here." The chief engineer was well known aboard the ship for his gambling habits.

"It's worth a shot."

And with that, the two entered.

=========================

OOC: That's all for now. I'll be gone for 12 days, but I wanted to get in on this. I just hope my post isn't drowned out by the time I get back.

------------------
Hear the Myth, Feel the Glory
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")The Search Feature(/url)

(This message has been edited by Solel (edited 07-25-2004).)

Solel, nice to see YOU again.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

Yume had watched as Jacey got up but then his form disappeared as he tripped and fell only to land right smack on his face. She blinked and tilted her head as she wondered if Jacey was alright but she watched as he got up and ran out the door. I guess that proves he's ok...

Now she wondered what that note had been. Jacey sure seemed in a hurry after reading the note and he obviously hadn't wanted her to see it when he had moved it away for him to read it privately. It was not like she had any interest in reading a note but how he wanted to keep it a secrets had got her attention somewhat but oh well. It didn't involve her so she shouldn't care.

Her piercing gaze then roamed over to the two creatures who had just entered the bar. She stared at them intently as she raised a brow. Something about them... seemed suspicious... But then again, who cared? She thought as she yawned and looked away from the two newcomers only to glance over at her employeer Dech.

It was about time for her to start cleaning the bar again. She could already see the glasses buidling up on the tables where unresponsible creatures had left them after they got drunk and had no more brains to actually be helpful and give the glasses back to Dech. So with a sigh and a brush of her hair, she got up and went off to search for another tool for her to clean the bar.

But just as she was walking around, her hand raised up and she got something that had been thrown at her without even looking in that direction. Yume's gaze slowly roamed over to see her employeer's wife waving at her and Yume looked at what the woman had tossed to her. It looked like a broom to her. So it was time to sweep the bar also, ne?

Yume first took the time in gathering up all the dirty, empty glasses and breverages off the tables and put them in the sink before she went back and wiped the table tops clean enough so that she could almost see her reflection in it. After she was done, she got herself to start sweeping the floor with the broom. She wondered when the bar closed...or if it ever closed...so that she could actually clean the marble floor.

Yume could be said to be an unusual janitor. With all of her black clothing, she wasn't the typical or common janitor that might be found in some places. But then again, this was a bar for criminals and other bandits so it might not really matter or be noticed. And for the moment, Yume kept to herself as she sweeped the floor in her silence while she fidgeted with her wrist which had the device that looked like a watch every so often.

This place seemed quite modern. She didn't mind the manual work that it took to clean the bar. She also wondered what other duties she would have for being the janitor. It would help her in the long run. She would ask her employeer, Dech, later on once she was finishing in sweeping the marble floor. Her thoughts started to wonder as she swept in her solitude while she ignored everything else that was happening around her... And her thoughts led to how she found herself on The Rock...

----------

"Stop her!" A male voice yelled as the man commanded the other men around him that were pursueing what looked like nothing more than a shadow fleeing from them in a narrow passageway of some sort as the lights above them flickered as it was clear that the someone had tampered with the power which led to the security system to shut down for a few moments.
"She must not be allowed to get to a ship and escape!"
"Yes sir!"
Security watched as the shadow disappeared around the corner and they quickly followed. The group of people and other creatures found themselves in a dead end and confusion swept through them as it was empty. The shadow they were pursueing was gone but how was that so?
"Check it out. We'll search every corner of this station until she is caught, understand!"
"Yes, sir."
"Tell me, who is this female and why are we pursueing her, commander?" One of the men asked since he was sure this female had not been doing any trouble and then they were ordered to computer her, dead or alive.
"I got word that she is a wanted fugitive. Dangerous and armed. The governments want her. Desperately. Who she is? Or what to be more precise... I have yet to know but we must not let her escape at any cost or-"
His words were cut as a scream sliced through his sentence like an assassin's dagger and there was only a brief moment where it looked like a shadow had actually attacked one of the creatures before it fell to the floor, limp and dead it seemed.
That's when the lights above them finally bursted as some sort of energy destroyed any source of light around the area to leave it pitch black.
The group huddled with their backs to each other as they looked around, a few even cursing as they felt their impending doom ready to snatch them in its lethal claws.
The security system was now running on emergency power as now the view was now turned to one looking through what might some sort of security cammera or device meant to watch the passageways which led to the ships that were mean to transport people from one place to another.
The shadow was now perfectly concealed in the darkness and the group of creatures shifted and twitched whenever they felt the breeze of the enemy pass by them, seeming to almost be teasing them and this brought them more fear as it filled the air.
The picture blurred and stirred as the device seemed to be struggling to keep a clear image but couldn't because of some malfunctions yet it wouldn't really matter for it was almost too dark to see anything but there was a faint image.
Soon, the image showed the group started to scramble as screams filled the background and flashes could be seen as weapons were fired off while the tiny dots moved in a hurry.
But there was one shadow in it that dashed to and fro between the group, making the now growing smaller group back into a huddle, while bloody-screams echoed from the scream along with sickening cracks of bones being crushed and broken mercilessly along with the foul sound of flesh being slashed.
Soon, everything fell silent as smoke now filled the image from the struggle before it settled and showed what was left after the slaughter.
Only one dark figure could be seen standing in the middle of a group of limp bodies. A shine from what seemed like some sort of sword which the figure was holding before the striking blue eyes of the figure were seen as it looked up at the device.
And soon enough, the device went dead as it was destroyed....
Now the shadowy figure was dashing across the passageway which led to a ship which it could use. Its midnight, shoulder length black hair flowed behind her like a black flag waving in its wonderful glory while a serious expression was upon her face while her tan colored trenchcoat fluttered behind her as she ran.
Soon enough, the female which was adorned with a black bodysuit that covered her entire body and stopped at her chin found the dock but was only met with another figure who had been waiting for her.
She raised her hand to cover her eyes as blinding light was turned on from one of the ships and her eyes narrowed as she tried to peer at who the stranger was.
"Still running I see..." A deep male voice echoed as he spoke to the girl.
The dark girl's arm remained up to shield her eyes from the light so it also hid her face to conceal who she was.
"Why do you still run? What is your purpose and reason? Wasn't it killed years ago?" A evil smirk touched the man's lips as he looked to the girl who looked like a human but really was inhuman and only a project which he would capture and give to the government who payed him the most to have her body...alive or dead.
Slowy, the mysterious girl's arms moved down to reveal her expressionless face but it was clear that she was very upset by his comment as anger now flashed in her eyes which seemed to change from the sapphire blue to ruby red before the anger was buried again only to leave that dangerous, lethal voidness.
For a moment, a shiver ran down his spine as he saw that look in her eyes...just something about it...was deathly frightening and he nearly lost the gut to face her but soon enough mentally slapped himself to get a hold of himself. All he had to keep in mind is that this...thing...was not a mere girl but a dangerous creation of science.
Minutes passed by but not a movement was made from both of them as they stared at each other but suddenly the man snatched out a blaster and shot some rounds at her.
But she seemed to actually merely slip with ease away from the shots as she ran while her trenchcoat looked almost like a cape. She easily dodged each shot as she seemed to be meters away from him and in a split second she was right in front of him.
Her sword flashed in the light as she slashed him while his end of his blaster was pressed to her shoulder.
Blood flew into the air as the blade cut through his flesh easily while his blaster went off. Both of them now layed on the floor while blood surrounded them except one slowly sat up.
The girl slowly sat up as a hand held her wounded shoulder as sparks seemed to be flying from it before she stood up and went over to her hunter to stand before him.
Her slender fingers wrapped around the hilt of her large weapon which she had stabbed into his chest before she was sent flying back from the blast and then she tugged it out. His body jerking up for a moment before his chest released the sword. The faint sight of his chest rising and falling from his shallow breathing could make people mistake that he was dead.
The girl just stared at him for a moment before she turned and boarded a ship while she left the man to die from the loss of blood so that he would suffer before he would have the peace of death unless someone found him in time.
The girl slumped in the commander's seat while she watched the dock and station become smaller as the ship flew off into space.
Her reason...?
She reached into one of the pockets of her now blood drenched trenchcoat and took out a slender, cylinder looking metal object. It opened up side-ways so it grew in width for about five inches and an image of a smiling boy appeared.
"..."
Soon the bliss of unconsciousness came over her as she rested in the seat with the device in her lap while she had a peaceful expression while the ship drifted out into space to the last destination it had visited.
Once she woke up again, the sight of The Rock filled the screen and she rubbed her shoulder which was now completely healed. Only the blood on her trenchcoat gave any hint that she had run into trouble.
She grabbed her sword which became smaller until it looked like a dagger and she put it in her boot before she pushed some buttons on what looked like a watch on her wrist.
Her form blurred for a moment and now her black latex bodysuit revealed her lovely toned legs as it made a latex mini skirt and a latex long-sleeved shirt which had a turtle neck to conceal the scar that ran in the middle of her neck which had damaged her voice box.
A few moments later after she hailed The Rock and got approved, she was docked and abandoned her common and seemingly harmless ship while she folded her bloodstained trenchcoat and put in her black bag that rested over her shoulder while she walked off to see if there was a place she could rest at for a while...

----------

Yume just sighed as she continued sweeping the floor as she stopped her thoughts there for the moment.

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-27-2004).)

Jacey sped up, pushing himself even faster to reach his destination.

==========
A blimp-shaped spacecraft entered the DSN-2131 system. As it hailed the Rock, the lead zeppelin tried to maneuver through the asteroid field, sputtering clouds of blue gas as it fired its side thrusters.

" Hindenburg requesting docking approval." A monocled man in a goatee appeared on the screen before the station master. "What is ze delay?"

Trying to stifle his own laughter, the station master gestured for his subordinates to be silent, then sent back a message of approval.

------------------
- Hal

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-27-2004).)

OOC: Back, and its good to see everyone beating up on emaniac just like old times. oh yeah and welcome back Solel.

Page leaned back and took the last pull of his cigarette.
"I just remembered we still have something to take care of."
"Hrm?" Ta-vora's ears twitched as Page broke the long silence at the table. Page sipped the last of his drink.
"We should decode that chip of yours."

------------------
"WE ARE THE POPES OF THE PYROS!!" "WE ARE THE CRUSADERS OF CAPELLA!!" "THE FRIARS OF FIRE!!" "THE BAPTISTS OF BORAL 1!!!!" "THE CATHOLIC KILLERS OF NEW CALCUTTA!!!!!!" "WE ARE THE GOOD!! no.. no... THE BAD!!! yeah.. thats it.. THE BAD CATHOLICS!!!"

Dech glanced at the two men who had just entered as he poured himself a soft drink. With the glass halfway full, he froze, turning off the spout. Slowly, he turned. Staring at one of the figures in the door, he slowly grinned.

"Shek? Shek Sunrunner?"

OOC: I'm going to leave it there until Solel and everyone else get back. I've got another webstory probably developing, and I'll take a small break to do that.
Just until everyone's back, though.

------------------
thegreenfile@gmail.com

The Hacker sat down in a wooden chair and put back on his long, leather, black trench coat. He tied the waist-belt tightly and stood once more. He ran his hands through his strawberry blonde hair, sighed and then sat at the bar once more. Death soon came to his call.

"Uh, I'll just have a glass of water with some lemon. Tap water, no ice. Thanks."

He took the perspirating glass of water in his left hand and sipped it lightly, glancing sideways at the patrons in view. He took an extra long glance towards Yume, then looked back at his glass with apathetic, half closed illuminated eyes. He yawned and leaned back in his stool.

That careless action was followed by an unruly stumble backwards. The hand threw the water down on his chest, and the lemon went in his eye. The glass rolled aside next to him. His shimmering eyed looked down at the wet leather and he stood up slowly and cursed himself, noticing that most of the bar patrons were staring at him.

"Ughh..."

The Hacker turned back to the bar, picked up the stool and glass, and carefully sat down again. He reached for one of his daggers to try what Yume did, but he remembered that yesterday he had traded them in for two elegent, paper- thin blade and one that was two long blades with one short, leather laced handle. He scanned the bar for someone to talk to or something to do. He was a little too scared to talked to anyone, so he waited for someone to talked to him. The Hacker looked at the wooden bar once more, slightly bored.

------------------

I hate people with fancy signatures. ._.

(This message has been edited by Phantasmaegoria (edited 07-27-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Phantasmaegoria (edited 07-27-2004).)