Questions about Override

Must I have a special legal record to get the Zachit, Nebula Exploration or Emalghia (I still stuck in it) missions?
I can only see Grarn and Garren, but not Garit. I'm probably blind, but where is it?

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 13 July 2005 - 09:38 AM

Oh, forgot that sorry. Garit is a space station. Abort the mission, explore the area, and then get it again. Perhaps easier that way.

Personally I favor the Zidagar- good combo of powerful weapons and fast warships. Cheers to wondergirl by the way- I'm replaying EVO for the first time in yonks and couldn't find the start of the Zidagar missions. Oh and the only trade route I ever use is simply shuttling medical supplies from Liat to Auldra (sp?).

Az

Opalius, on Jul 13 2005, 03:50 PM, said:

Oh, forgot that sorry. Garit is a space station. Abort the mission, explore the area, and then get it again. Perhaps easier that way.
View Post

But Garit is in the north, isn't it?
Need I now a special legal record?

Yes, it's at one of the most northen planets. And now you don't need any legal records. If you've aborted the mission, you might have to kill a few renegades in and around the system, to get permission to land.

I stuck again. My last important mission was something like 'Bring cargo to Sirabor', but after that I could only get repetition missions. Where is the next major mission?

EDIT:And I stuck in the Zidagar missions. I should kill the Igazras with the green lasers in the Terapin system. I did it, but I can't find now the next mission.

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 14 July 2005 - 08:01 AM

For the cargo to Sirabor mission, I believe you have to go to the system Stror, located somewhere between Miranu and Igazrda space iirc. This is a mission for the Igazdra right?
The second mission has always been a bit buggy. Aborting the mission, and trying again is the solution. A tedious one, as you might have to do it over a few times, before it'll work.

This post has been edited by Opalius : 14 July 2005 - 02:09 PM

No, it's an Azdgari mission. Are the cargo to Sirabor missions something like the Paaren Station missions? πŸ™‚ I mean, that I must do perhaps 10 and then the career will go on?
And what's with the Zidagar missions?

EDIT: I could get the next missions, but now I stuck again. I could get all of the Azdgari technology in my last mission, called 'Evacuate the outpost in Stror'. Where can I get the next mission? And I've only 10 tons of cargo room, is that the problem?

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 15 July 2005 - 07:16 AM

Frequency 245, on Jul 14 2005, 12:38 AM, said:

I stuck again... And I stuck in... I can't find...View Post

Frequency 245, this is becoming tedious. It seems you're not paying attention to the mission text. Each mission tells you exactly what needs to be done. Why not keep a pen and paper next to your computer, and when a mission comes up, you can write down where to go next.

Hey! I could do the next missions, but I can't find them! That's the problem.

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 16 July 2005 - 01:07 AM

Most of the time missions will be offered at the same bar each time, unless you are told to go somewhere else.

If you are having trouble with a specific mission, what is the mission title?

I believe that your description "evacuate outpost in Stror" signifies the end of the first part of the Azdgari string. You take stuff to Gruzi in the Grooz system, and then they thank you and say you have access to the technology.

I recently got this far in their string playing the Nova port, but I could not get the second part of the string - only repeating raids vs. the Igadzra or Zidagar. It may be a problem with the port, but the second parts of the strand mission strings were always hard to get in my experience.

Basically I think the next part should start from Xarnes in the Azdgari system. Good luck finding it - I reinstalled Classic and then EVO to try and do this again properly, but unfortunately I haven't felt inspired to it since :(.

I learned how to open the misc files yesterday and there was the solution! I need an Ultimate combat rating to get the second part of the Azdgari string. <_< It's the same with the Zidager string.
Arrgh! I hate it if I must boost my combat rating to get the next missions! This is like Frightening in Nova. I needed hours to get it.

EDIT: What's this mysterious 'Council Station'? And what is the 'Council'?

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 17 July 2005 - 06:49 AM

Has anyone yet realized that Frequency is using the Nova port? I don't remember this being pointed out. This would explain his trouble with getting the next missions in a string. EV Override Nova is infamous for being buggier than any version of Override ever was. This situation would also explain why the plug he downloaded doesn't haven the right iconΒ— because the application that opens it is missing.

Of course, I might not have paid attention to the entire topic, which I shall use as an excuse if he indeed is using the original game.

Frequency 245, on Jul 17 2005, 12:58 AM, said:

I hate it if I must boost my combat rating to get the next missions

Phhht. That is how you play the game!

Yes, till Deadly it's fun to kill ships, but for Ultimate you need veeery long. You kill only ships. The story in the storyline isn't as good as before, because you did the last mission for two days (in REAL time). That's the reason because you don't need Frightening for a mission in Nova.

Good news: I could (get and) do with my Ultimate combat rating:

The Zachit mission string
The Nebula Exploration string(it don't start at Station Pybin)
The UE/Emalghia string
The Azdgari string

πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

Frequency 245, on Jul 17 2005, 10:36 PM, said:

Good news: I could (get and) do with my Ultimate combat rating:

The Zachit mission string
The Nebula Exploration string(it don't start at Station Pybin)
The UE/Emalghia string
The Azdgari string
View Post

Congrats!

See, patience is a good thing.

Oops on the Nebula Exploration String... so where did it start, so I can change my notes?

wondergirl, on Jul 18 2005, 04:44 PM, said:

Congrats!

Oops on the Nebula Exploration String... so where did it start, so I can change my notes?
View Post

I'm pretty sure that you can get it at all Miranu planets, it's a random mission tho'.