A Return to the EVO Webstory

Ah, hmmmmm. I forgot to change the number, it would seem.

I'll fix it next post.

-Consul Bob

Do we have a dead story here, guys? Nobody's posted in three days.

No Voinian player. A woefully inactive Zidagar player/head moderator who attacked three major factions and then stopped posting, therefore preventing any of us from posting as well. No Zachit player. No renegade player.

Yes, we have a dead story.

Not dead yet , at least by my watch. But if Ipvicus continues to be so lax in his posting we'll just have to spam him until he reponds...

I tend to agree with Silverdragon. Unless Ippy comes back and we all start posting again and such, this story's pretty well gone.

My power cord broke at the start of spring break, and I'd left the spare at school. So, I'm just now getting computer access back.

I'm going to make a mega-post tonight.

There's only no Voinian player because Ipvicus is too stubborn to realize that we need one. I could take command myself, if it comes to that.

If Ipvicus just sits around and twiddles his thumbs, well, we could just find a replacement for him and elect Esponer or somebody to be the new moderator. Ipvicus himself is expendable; this webstory is not. A good Strand such as the Zidagar would be gladly taken up by most people.

Finally, I'll suggest that people try to post EVERY DAY, or every two days. I'm not a very good example myself, but from now on, I'll do my best to make sure at least one post is made each day.

-Consul Bob

I check the webstory daily for new posts, and generally post every one or two days--provided my faction isn't frozen as it is currently. Frankly I have to agree with you about the good Vice Admiral, he said himself that it seems that every time he posts it's another page. Either he starts accelerating his postings...or he goes...

I dunno about just summarily ejecting someone from a webstory, especially the creator. It takes a lot of work to put a webstory together, and it'd be very, very rude to just kick him out.

However, I know that some of you are familiar with what he has planned for the near future. I'd suggest instead we find an interim player for his faction until he finds/makes the time to post again.

I must regretfully inform everyone, that due to certain circumstances, I am unable to set aside some time for this webstory. If vIsitor likes, he can take control of Peter and his fleet, otherwise, just assume that they suffered a fleet-wide malfunction that caused all of them to explode.

Good day, and nice writing with you guys.

I'm terribly sorry about that...I'll take care of your fleet (and chars) until you can participate. Big things are planned, and a merc fleet can easily off-set the preperation time. I'll try to keep as many intact as I can, leagaly.

I feel that I owe everyone in this story a huge apology. Over the past two weeks I've been all but totally absent from the story for various reasons. It might have been okay if I hadn't put my faction in the position of being so critical to the story, and it's entirely my fault that things have progressed to the point that they have.

The first week of my absence was due to my spring vacation, and I spent most of it traveling. I had thought that after that week I'd be able to return to the story in some sort of full time capacity, but I was wrong.

Last thursday I left and drove like 300 miles to compete in the national parlimentary debate tournament. We were there till monday, when we drove back with the Irish national champion debaters, and I was showing them a good time in west Texas until yesterday. Just on a side note, if you ever get the opportunity to get drunk with an Irishman, take it... as far as I can tell they're some of the coolest people in the world. Incidentally, I don't drink much, and that's another reason I've been too out of it to come and write a post.

I'm finally back, but I'm also extremely behind on my schoolwork because of the tournament. I'll post tonight, and hopefully again this weekend if the story's even close to still being alive.

Apology accepted, sir. I hope that with this...delay...behind us we will be able to bring the webstory back up to speed. Of course all of this time has let me think of numerous victory strategies...I only hope I can use some of em' 😉

Since activity is basically dead now anyway, with Ipvicus' approval I would like to freeze the story today (02/04/05) until further notice. We'll try to get all the writing back up-to-date, and then everyone can explain what has happened over a 5-months gap (about equal to how much time has passed), and we can restart the story.

This means that as of today, please don't post again and construction etc. from now on don't count. If you wish to discuss construction and research that occured during the gap but you never stated (i.e. you never got around to posting), please PM or IM me. Also, if you're one of the people who has a backlog of writing (mostly it's Ipvicus we're waiting for), feel free to get writing and save it to disk.

Hopefully Ipvicus and the other involved parties can finish a series of battleposts while we're in the freeze (they may be posted, as they're clearing the backlog). Some other background stuff people might want to write: Azdgari-Emalgha relations which got caught by the time freeze, Azdgari-South Tip relations, also caught by the time freeze, UE civil war stuff etc. etc. Basically, feel free to continue writing if you're writing stuff that actually happened months ago in the story, but don't write any new stuff, and don't include any production or research after now.

I'll be active again on Monday (I would've spent this Easter holiday writing but my girlfriend was here all week) and will work with Ipvicus to get the Zidagar-Azdgari stuff written and finished ASAP. Will also hopefully work with Benden and Grunadulater to cover some other stuff the Azdgari have been meaning to do but have been unable to do due to the freeze. Ipvicus and Carnotaur will finish their stuff (I hope you two guys discuss some of that in this topic so Visitor can take part too). We'll try to find a new Miranu player and possibly even a new Voinian player, although the latter is unlikely.

Feel free to ask any questions which might be of interest to other people here. I'm sorry for the time freeze, but if we're going to restart it's necessary. With any luck, Saturday 09/04/05 will see us back up. At the worst, it might take closer to two weeks before we can begin again.

Alright. Here's my latest shipyard and research report, as of the 2nd of April:

Research & Projects

Elridi ODP III -- Done!

Elridi ODP IV -- Done!

Mark ODP IV -- Done!

Igazra Shipyards -- Done!

Feviry Industrial Enhancement -- 2 RTD

Innirian ODP I -- 2 RTD

------

Naval Statistics

Current Ship Count
310 Igazras
520 Indars (variable type)
1040 Igaras

Ship Production (per RTD)
10 Igazras
15 Indars
25 Igaras

Ixada Orbital Defense Platform Locations
Mark (4x), Elridi (4x), Igadzra (2x), Feviry (2x)

1st Armada -- Mark
90 Igazra
100 Indars Mk.II
330 Igaras

2nd Armada -- Innirian
75 Igazras
130 Indars Mk.I
205 Igaras

5th Armada -- Threefrog
80 Igazras
140 Indars Mk.I
280 Igaras

6th Armada -- Elridi
65 Igazras
150 Indars Mk.II
225 Igaras

Note -- All Igara patrols are ordered to avoid contact with enemy ships, and will always stay in area ready to hyperjump out of the system.

Some updates on what I've been doing all this time...

1. Building Orbital Defense Platforms (ODPs). I listed in the ship count how many I had and where.
2. Refit some of my Indars into one of two variants (which I'm sure I've noted the specs somewhere, but basically Mark Is have Rockets, and Mark IIs have small, fast torpedoes).
3. Researched the Dual-Particle Beam Turret, which basically doubles the turret's individual firepower. Igazras now mount four of them. (I think this occured a while ago, before activity really dropped off).
4. Deployed the Sensor Net that I got from the Miranu, so now I don't need Scouts. I'll list where I got my sensor buoys later.
5. Built two new shipyard enlargements, which allows me to build more Igazras and Indars. I'm also working on a sort of improvement to Feviry's industry.
6. Although it took a while ago before inactivity really dropped off, I also researched a Shield Upgrade (Igazras now have 700 shields, Igaras 110, and Indars 230 or somewhere around there). All my regular stations are now armed as well.

And that should be everything. I think the Zidagar/Igadzra situation has been worked out so that the Zidagar just stopped when they took Ersadt and didn't bother continuing onward.

Checking in...I would take an empty slot, but I have finals in less than four weeks and this is not a good time to write for one of these. I'll stay as a mod, however.

I offer my apologies that I will not be able to continue as the Miranu player when the story resumes. It is the last month of the semester, and I am very busy with both research and classes, as well as personal matters. Perhaps it was ill-advised of me to have taken on the role in the first place - I never really had the time to do it properly - to write at my very best. It was enjoyable, though, and I thank you all for the chance to write in one last story before I retire from webstories because of the other demands in my life.

If you find another Miranu player, when the story resumes, I'd like to write a final post, a kind of farewell to my characters and chronicling the transfer of power. If that's okay with everyone.

This post has been edited by Thunder : 02 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

Thunder, on Apr 2 2005, 07:52 PM, said:

I offer my apologies that I will not be able to continue as the Miranu player when the story resumes. It is the last month of the semester, and I am very busy with both research and classes, as well as personal matters. Perhaps it was ill-advised of me to have taken on the role in the first place - I never really had the time to do it properly - to write at my very best. It was enjoyable, though, and I thank you all for the chance to write in one last story before I retire from webstories because of the other demands in my life.

If you find another Miranu player, when the story resumes, I'd like to write a final post, a kind of farewell to my characters and chronicling the transfer of power. If that's okay with everyone.
View Post

I'm sorry to see so many of our writers having to go so early in the story. Your posts were will-writen and I will duely miss your epic descriptions of the Miranu defenders, hurredly racing to protect their worlds from the Zidigar warfleets. At the rate we are progressing, this story will still have room for story board by the time school is out, provided it is not proclaimed dead by then.

On a side note, I would like to post my status as of yesterday (Edited...again...by will of SD's Edict):

---
Ship Production:
2 Laziras
---
Fleet Status:

FLF Forces:

Feviry:
•12 Crescent Fighters (standing by to move into Threefrog)
•4 Aradas (standing by to move into Threefrog)
•4 (standard) Laziras (standing by to move into Threefrog)

Threefrog:
•8 (SAE) Laziras in Threefrog
•2 Miranu Couriers: (Evacuating Laspin civilians to Notil; prepared to evac. military installations)
•2 ODP's (Towed from Feviry)

Peter Nohrgen's Mercenary Forces*

Threefrog:
•The Seydlitz (Peter's Arada Flagship; Extensively Modified)
•4 Turncoats (1 phase cannon, 2 blaze turrets)
•10 Helians (2 blaze cannons, 2 blaze turrets)

*In addition to the aforementioned modifications, Peter's forces will be using Igadzra Particle Beams, PDS systems, and torpedos for the battle's duration. If they get to keep the goodies is up to capt. carnotaur)
---
Research & Development:

Hyperquartz Research (Phase 2):
Further refinement of hyperquartz phased-conduit; integration into ships systems (+refit giving 15% performance boost)
ETA: Complete, Pending fleet return for retrofit

Slot two currently unused.

This post has been edited by ~vIsitor~ : 09 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

Visitor, when the Igadzra-Zidagar backlog is finally cleared and you're involved, please ensure that your fleet numbers involved are accurate and do not involve ships produced over the many game months since (i.e. the several weeks gap.) I know it'll be tough to work out what's where etc., but I trust you not to be untruthful.

Okay, sorry but this is just fleet information. I hope it clears up a few things, but I'm really behind on tech (yes, I know, I always am) and I'll get that up sometime next week.
Fleet Status:

Production since last post (9 days):
495 Fighters
64 Aradas
1 Station (Zigrabar built the 25th)

Daily Production (Arada production upgraded due to yet another station):
55 Fighters
8 Aradas
1/8 Station

Total fleet:
5 Stations
7 Crescent Warships
21 Laziras
225 Aradas
2045 Fighters

Tibidat:
7 Crescent Warships
10 Laziras
80 Aradas
500 Fighters.
1 SIN

Hrinix:
Tibidatian fleet:
1 Crescent Warship
14 Aradas
200 Fighters
1 SIN

Duois:
Tibidatian fleet:
11 Laziras
32 Aradas
260 Fighters
1 SIN

Hindrosian fleet:
3 Laziras
15 Aradas
60 Fighters

DSN-5553:
210 Fighters
14 Aradas
Station Clarino (Catching some sun)
100 Fighters (docked in the station)

Nifal:
215 Fighters (unmarked)
5 Fighters (marked)
30 Aradas
Station Chalumeau (Catching some sun)
100 Fighters (docked in the station)
1 SIN

Malago:
50 Fighters
Station Purin (Catching some sun)
100 docked Fighters

DSN-2298:
200 Fighters
Station Zigrabar (In plain view, actually itÂ’s slightly upset that the other stations are getting a better tan. Everyone knows that this station is the best that was ever or ever will be made.)
1 SIN

Vyrink:
Akrayhek fleet:
Vessels of unknown proportions. (Benden, what was the size of the fleet you sent?)
Tibidatian fleet:
40 Aradas
40 Fighters

Patrols:
Recently became little rocklike nuggets with creamy fighter center. Practically invisible to all detection, but they cannot use anything that requires more power than their sensors without being detected.

DSN-8075:
10 Crunchy Fighters

DSN-5468:
10 Crunchy Fighters

Malago:
10 Crunchy Fighters

DSN-9041:
10 Crunchy Fighters

Funit:
10 Crunchy Fighters
1 SIN

Racet:
10 Crunchy Fighters
1 SIN

Novish:
10 Crunchy Fighters

Fleet sent during freeze to aid Miranu (arrived to late to do anything, but itÂ’s the gesture that counts, right?):
50 Aradas
2 SIN

Which systems have ships that other people can tell are Tibidatian?

<Not these>
Novish, Racet, Funit, DSN-9041, DSN-5468, DSN-8075, DSN-2298, DSN-5553, Malago

<These>
Tibidat, Duois, Hrinix, Vyrink

<Kinda sorta>
Nifal has Tibidatian ships spying on the unmarked vessels and reporting on them to the Azdgari.

This post has been edited by Paranoid : 02 April 2005 - 08:13 PM