Galaxy of Strife

Glory.
The Flagship Unification, last of the Huron ships in the system, shuddered violently as it took another hunter missile blow, and then successfully entered hyperspace.
---
The lights on the bridge of the Morpheus faded away as the combat situation in the system ended. Zachary Corridon sat back in his chair, a rather plush deluxe model that was specially constructed for him “due to his incredible achievements”. The crewmembers, who had been tense, almost edgy, during the battle, relaxed, as the final Huron ship left the system.
“Well, we’ll have to give chase to them. Set up a fleet-wide course for the Huron system. First, though, let’s dock on the relatively untouched moon of New Taranto, and get the ships of the fleet brought up to Earth standards; Command informed me that some research would probably be complete by the time the mission here was complete.”
---
OOC: This pretty much concludes it for now. An extension of this post will be done sometime today (although it is almost 3 AM as I write this). It will have the extra stuff, as usual, and will continue the stuff that was being done today. Consider this an update.
-----Huron Rebellion Fleet And Construction*----
Liberty Force
3 U.E. Carriers
5 U.E. Destroyers
30 U.E. Fighters (Launched)
200 Freight-Couriers
5 Scoutships

• No new ships will be built unless the Rebellion takes a U.E. planet capable of building ships.

------United Earth Fleet and Construction*
312 Carriers
1,247 Destroyers
1,063 U.E. Fighters
522 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers
300 Freight Couriers
95 Scoutships
700 mines
Per Day: 9 Carriers, 33 Destroyers, 35 Fighters, 15 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers
Earth: 4 Carriers, 10 Destroyers, 15 Fighters, 5 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers
New Taranto: 2 Carriers, 13 Destroyers, 15 Fighters, 5 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers
Paaren: 3 Carriers, 10 Destroyers, 5 Fighters, 5 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers
*These numbers are outdated; I’ll get to upgrading them later.

United Earth Force Locations:

Voina Liberation Front
93 Carriers
359 Destroyers
555 Fighters
490 Fighters (Launched)

Defense Fleets:

Verril Fleet
30 U.E. Carriers
82 U.E. Destroyers
11 U.E. Fighters <31>
114 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers

(Twenty of the U.E. Fighters are patrolling Yandros and the surrounding systems, and, like Carnotaur’s old Patrol Interceptors, will stay where they can jump and only take scans of the enemy fleets)
Centauri Fleet
30 U.E. Carriers
75 U.E. Destroyers
60 U.E. Fighters
2 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers

Eltor/Sol Defensive Fleet
76 U.E. Carriers
384 U.E. Destroyers
210 U.E. Fighters
210 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers

Attack Force Alpha
99 Carriers
363 Destroyers
335 U.E. Fighters
215 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers

Sol Defenses:
Earth Station (six blaze turrets, three hunter missile launchers, fifty hunter missiles, 1200/1200 protection; pre-equipped with above stuff)

Centauri Defenses:
Centauri Station (six blaze turrets, three hunter missile launchers, fifty hunter missiles, 1200/1200 protection; pre-equipped with above stuff)
700 space mines

---NEW PROJECTS---
U.E. Fighter Upgrade. Will name the U.E. Fighter “U.E. Interceptor”, and will modify it to have the following stats:
Shields: 195
Armor: 50
Speed: 400 (Assuming that the Fusion Reactor increased the speed by 50)
Accel: 720
Manuever: 180 deg/sec
Fuel: 4 jumps
Shield Recharge: 3.12 points per second
Cargo: 1 tons
Space: 2 tons
MaxGuns/Turrets: 5/0
Mass: 10 tons
Length: 8 meters
Crew: 1
Weapons:
5 Blaze Cannons
1 Predator Missile Launcher + 6 Predator Missiles
Refit. ETA: 7 days.

ADUs, or Adapative Defense Units. They can mount limited-use (due to lack of ammo) dual missile launchers, limited-power turrets...maybe even a small fighter rack. (Although it is worth stating that the fighters in question can only be reloaded once or twice, and that they cannot be repaired in the racks.) They're like Grundy's drones, only much tougher and generally only for system defense, due to their immobility. ETA: Eight days. Must be built for use, like normal ships. 600 shielding, 300 armour.

---PROJECTS---
Earth Station overhaul. This will open up an area for the new Emalghan telescope. It will also replace the hunter weapons with predators, and it will, when the blaze modification is complete, replace the existing weapons with them. It will undergo various other modifications. A specialized Emalgha command pod will also be added onto the station, as well as an overhaul of the existing command bridge. The existing heavy fission reactor will replaced with a specialized quad fusion reactor that will put out 2.5 times as much output, enabling it to take the strain of the telescope and the various other upgrades.
New Stats:
Earth Station (ten blaze turrets, four railgun turrets, five Predator missile launchers, one hundred Predator missiles, 2100/1600 protection, two Swordfish Bays with six Swordfish Fighter-Bombers, three Fighter bays with fifteen U.E. Fighters)
ETA: Six days.

---FINISHED PROJECTS---
Blaze Reactor Implementation. This will improve the firepower of the standard United Earth military blaze weapons by 5%(which is basically nothing) and will increase the firing rate by 30%. Blaze weapons, under this plan, mount specialized reactors for each weapon enabling them to shoot without relying on the space craft. ETA: Finished.

Emalgha Jumpgate Module Construction. With the approval of the Emalgha government, a package will be sent over with the materials required for jumpgate construction and with the codes that will provide them access to the existing jumpgates. ETA: Finished.

Capital Complex, Tibidat:

A few hours after Charhin had left Kitra came back to Urvön’s office. She didn’t say anything, as usual and she took up the same position by the door that she had kept the entire time of the negotiations with the Azdgari. Urvön didn’t even look up as he spoke to her. “Send him the compilation of all the traders scans, that should help the Azdgari get a picture.”

“Are you sure you want to inform the Azdgari of the ‘human’ Renegades and the UE? The Miranu vessels have been trading with them commonly, but as far as we know the Strands know almost nothing.”

“I’m not sure if it’s the wisest idea to trade information this freely either, but the Azdgari are far enough away that they won’t be able to reap any benefits. Hopefully.”

Kitra was as monotone as usual, but she still managed to sound like she was scoffing. “Hopefully, so you’re willing to trust to ‘luck’ now?”

Urvön was used to Kitra’s dry speech, he acknowledged how strange she was without question after years of working with her. “No. Even if the Azdgari gain a major advantage, which is doubtful, they are still far enough removed that they cannot harm us easily. The Igadzra act as a perfect beffer against them, and if the Azdgari gain too much power we can provide technology to the Igadzra that would tip the balance in the other direction. We have nothing to fear except the Council.”

“You overstate their power. Just a year back you were saying that they would do anything to preserve balance, but now the Galaxy is far from balanced. They have no real power anymore.”

“I strongly doubt that, they just aren’t as easy to predict as I used to think. They are behind this unbalance as much as they were ever behind the balance. We have all the evidence we need to prove it.”

“Yes, I’m sure. On to more important matters. Hrinix is requesting military aid due to the buildup of vessels in Nifal, they may be willing to form a more permanent alliance in the long term if you push the issue.”

“Why don’t you go meet with them in order to get the best deal? You’ve had direct contact with Biro before and he will listen to you.”

“As you insist.”

Projects:

LuRay project, multi-jump station modification: completed and outfitted (March 17)

Veldegrass long range, scatter shot rocket: completed (March 13)

LuRay project, unknown: started March 18

General upgrade and application of newly acquired technology: started March 14, completed (March 20)

Segregation of Fighters into two different classes: started March 21

Previously completed Projects: Veldegrass rocket, Veldegrass cannon, Duois shipyards, mass magnet, fighter upgrade #1, mobile stations, multi-jump, scatter shot rocket, application of shield and Veldegrass scatter shot technology.

Fleet Status:

Production since last post:
370 Fighters
26 Aradas
1 Station (Purin built the 17th)

Daily Production:
55 Fighters
4 Aradas
1/8 Station

Total fleet:
7 Crescent Warships
21 Laziras
178 Aradas
1050 Fighters

Tibidat:
7 Crescent Warships
10 Laziras
80 Aradas
500 Fighters.

Duois:
Tibidatian fleet:
11 Laziras
32 Aradas
160 Fighters

Hindrosian fleet:
3 Laziras
15 Aradas
60 Fighters

DSN-5553:
115 Fighters
14 Aradas
Station Clarino (hidden in a close orbit of the sun)
100 Fighters (docked in the station)

Nifal:
215 Fighters
30 Aradas
Station Chalumeau (hidden in a close orbit of the sun)
100 Fighters (docked in the station)

Malago:
50 Fighters
Station Purin (hidden in a close orbit of one of the suns)
100 docked Fighters

DSN-2298:
14 Aradas (7 transporting goods from DSN-5553, 7 stationed)
100 Fighters

Vyrink:
Akrayhek fleet:
Vessels of unknown proportions.
Tibidatian fleet:
26 Aradas
40 Marked fighters

Patrols:
Orders to avoid confrontation and to not use modified new technology under any circumstances.

DSN-8075:
10 Fighters

DSN-5468:
10 Fighters

Malago:
10 Fighters

DSN-9041:
10 Fighters

Funit:
10 Fighters

Racet:
10 Fighters

Novish:
10 Fighters

The Faithful, Chapter Seven
High Citadel of the Paladin Order, Tumni, Zidagar System

The elite Inquisitor strike team had effortlessly bypassed the security of the Citadel, it was easy to do such things when the First Consul gave you the override codes. Bodies of whatever Paladins that had been unlucky enough to be in this particular low level section of the building lay slumped in expanding pools of blood all over the room as the Inquisitors secured various access points. Three of the individuals in the room, however, were involved in something quite different. One of them was an Inquisition explosives expert, one of them was High Inquisito Sernak himself... and the other, tied and gagged, was a Miranu scoutship pilot.

"That's it Sir, the bomb's armed, all we need to do is activate it and get out of here."

Brenon Sernak nodded his head slightly, then turned to the struggling Miranu on the floor. Lowering himself onto his haunches, he reached out and undid the gag of his prisoner. Before the young alien could cry out, Sernak bashed him across the face with the but of his phase pistol. Brenon smiled as his victim coughed and spit a mouthful of blood onto the floor. Coughing again the young Miranu glared up at the High Inquisitor and spoke up.

"Whatever you're trying to accomplish here, you're not going to get away with it. Your people are better than this."

Brenon snorted. However melodramatic the Zidagar were, at least they weren't as insufferably idealistic as the Miranu.

"I think you'll find, little Miranu, that my people are whatever they're told to be. And after today, they'll be told to hate your pathetic race. That hate will sweep the Zidagar through your worlds and establish the greatest Empire this galaxy has seen in ten thousand years. Your people will finally learn their place in the universe, as slaves who's only purpose is to serve us. Starting with you, little Miranu."

With that the High Inquisitor stood, and looking into the defiant eyes of the still struggling Miranu, shot three phase blasts into his chest. In a matter of minutes the bomb they had planted would destroy most of the High Citadel, and the core of the Paladin Order along with it. It would also reduce the body at his feet to nothing but cellular residue with a distinctively Miranu DNA sequence. The proof of Miranu terrorism would spread throughout Zidagar space, followed soon after by the news of the offensive launched to "punish" the Miranu for their "treachery." Combined with the previous several months of campaigns from the anti-Miranu groups, the Zidagar people would be completely swayed behind them.

The Inquisitor team, along with Sernak, extracted themselves flawlessly from the Citadel. As their transport left the surface of Tumni the High Inquisitor activated an untraceable relay signal leading to the arming sequence for the bomb. He watched on a holoscreen as the side of the Citadel of the Paladins erupted in a holocaust of white flame, and smiled.

Battle of Zimla

Protector Tegra Narth was the supreme military commander of the forces involved with the Miranu Campaign, and he couldn't be more pleased with the way things had proceeded so far. When the Inquisitor fleet had entered the Zimla system the Miranu defenders had looked so pathetic that some of his bridge had made bets that they'd scatter immediately. To Tegra's intense pleasure the silly traders had decided to stand and fight. Apparently they had spine after all. The fool speech given by the Miranu governor had made the intention of the Miranu not to surrender even more clear, much to the amusement of his crew. In the end, however, the only effect their bravery would have in Zimla would be more Miranu that he would kill.

Only moments remained until the deadline stated upon the Zidagar entrance into the system would expire, and the Inquisitors were making no effort to disguise the fact that they were locking weapons on the various Miranu ships arrayed in a battle line before them. Looking over the expressions on the faces of his bridge crew, it was clear that this was no reserved an solemn Paladin warship. A glint of almost feral hunger for destruction was evident almost universally, and for good reason. Restraint was something absolutely foreign to the Inquisition Forces, they were meant to fulfill only one purpose: the total conquest of the Miranu.

At ten seconds before the deadline set for Miranu surrender of the system elapsed the Inquisitor fleet attacked. Surging towards the Peace Corps defenders at full speed they launched a huge salvo of Javelin missiles at the Miranu freighters forming the enemy battle line. The powerful warheads impacted, doing heavy damage to the Freighter's shields, and in the next few seconds the Zidagar were in primary weapons range. Dozens of plasma rockets screamed into the Miranu as phased beamers tore into the all but helpless freighters. A few careless Zidagar fighters managed to destroy themselves running into defense pods, but for the most part the things were totally ineffectual. Zidaras either dodged them or shrugged off what little damage they inflicted, and the fighters were well able to get away from such a dated defensive technology.

During the first few moments the Miranu freighters were almost all destroyed, and the Zidagar were already focusing on destroying the fighters. Staying in their squadrons of 25, the Inquisitor pilots poured Dart missile fire or closed in to bring their phased beams onto luckless crescent fighter pilots. In a matter of moments the Zidagar had inflicted a horrible amount of destruction on the Miranu defenders, now it was time to see if they would stay to receive more.

Battle of Himgro

The situation in Himgro began much as it had in Zimla. The Zidagar had fewer ships, and the Miranu defenders were greater in number, so there was a much greater element of risk, but the Inquisitors seemed unconcerned. They focused their missile fire on the lighter freighters, destroying many in the opening moments of the battle. Their only tactical divergence from Zimla came after the initial clash, as the Inquisitor fleet skimmed along the edges of the Miranu formation instead of blasting through them. Groups of fighters made lightning fast strikes with their phased beams and Javelins, taking light losses from Miranu defense pods. They waited for the Fighters to enter the fray.

Battle of Blaga

As in Himgro and Zimla, the Inquisition forces attacked quickly and without mercy. Missiles and rockets took their toll on the MTC freighters, destroying several, and the Zidagar closed immediately after that and tore into their enemies with phased beamers.

OOC: Okay, I haven't posted in ages, and I'm still terribly busy, but I had time to post a simple update on my research and construction projects, shipbuilding efforts, etc. As well, I've also included revised losses for the Battle in Innirian due to a lack of communication as to what Ipvy wanted his fleet to do.

------

Igadzra 3rd Armada
including the Innirian Defense Force
45 Igazras (16 destroyed) (+15)
130 Igaras (42 destroyed) (+40)

Paladin Battle-group Gamma - Retreated
50 Zidaras (50 destroyed)
9 Zidagar Aradas (10 destroyed)
100 Zidagar Fighters (100 destroyed)

------

Research & Projects

Elridi ODP I -- DONE!

Elridi ODP II -- DONE!

Indar Armament Modification -- DONE!

Elridi ODP III -- DONE!

Feviry ODP I -- DONE!

Igadzra ODP II -- DONE!

Indar Shipyards -- DONE! (+5 Indars)

Feviry ODP II -- DONE!

Elridi ODP III -- 2 RTD

Elridi ODP IV -- 3 RTD

------

Naval Statistics

Current Ship Count
265 Igazras
400 Indars (variable type)
840 Igaras

Ship Production (for March 25)
(limited for today due to extra work on Orbital Defense Platforms)
(new ship production with improved shipyards takes effect tomorrow)
(all previous production used solely for Indars)
6 Igazras
23 Igaras

Ship Production (starting 3/26/05)
5 Igazras
15 Indars
30 Igaras

Ixada Orbital Defense Platform Locations
Mark (3x), Elridi (2x), Igadzra (2x), Feviry (2x)

1st Armada -- Mark
90 Igazra
100 Indars Mk.II
330 Igaras
(2 Igaras currently patrolling Grooz)
(2 Igaras currently patrolling Emnin)

2nd Armada -- Innirian
75 Igazras
130 Indars Mk.I
205 Igaras

5th Armada -- Threefrog
50 Igazras
60 Indars Mk.I
150 Igaras

6th Armada -- Elridi
50 Igazras
110 Indars Mk.II
155 Igaras
(2 Igaras currently patrolling Elder)
(2 Igaras currently patrolling Diudir)
(2 Igaras currently patrolling DSN-2143)
(2 Igaras currently patrolling Novish)

Note -- All Igara patrols are ordered to avoid contact with enemy ships, and will always stay in area ready to hyperjump out of the system.

This post has been edited by Captain Carnotaur : 25 March 2005 - 01:11 PM

OOC: Be sure to read Razel's 'Rumor Mill' 🆒

Threefrog:
With some degree of difficulty the two new Orbital Defense Platforms that the Igadzra built for the FLF in Feviry were towed into Threefrog, and subsequently, into position. Everyone was tense.

"Peter, I know you've got experience...but I'm pretty sure this will be the largest engagement you've ever gotten involved in. Gonna get frosty."

"You think I can't handle myself? I'm not running off if that's what you mean, I do that and I don't get paid! Besides--I need the target practice."

"Hold that thought, I'm picking up a surge on sensors..."

The Zidigar had arrived.

Feviry:
Planet-side the shipyards had been busy, not one day passed without unceasing preparations...The R&D wing had been extended and Kjole made full use of its facilities. Although technically finished he insisted on continuing to refine his Hyperquartz devices before refit--one that would not be done until the entire FLF fleet was present. Meanwhile Razel reviewed the rumor mill.

"Hmm, the Miranu are not doing so well...We don't want the MTC to win, but if the Zidigar succeed we will be vaunerable..."
"A Miranu terrorist act in bombing a citadel? Bah, sloppy work! The Inquisition is running out of ideas..."
"An Azdgari negotiating in the south tip? Most improbable..."
"UE developing advanced hyperspace mechanisms...interesting..."
"The Zidigar Field ECM uses blanket jamming? I could've guessed..."
"Emalgians suspected of hiding something...who the hell are the Emalgians?!"
"Gah! Stupid tabloids! I get enough about space parrots from passing merchants!"
"Council losing influence? Probably just biding their time..."
"How to build an AM-bomb Cheap, by...The Nadir?"
"Do-it-yourself cooking in zero-G..."
"An idiot's guide to commanding a space armada...I'll save that for Iagraz"
"Why do I read about all this?"

---
Ship Production:
2 Laziras
---
Fleet Status:

FLF Forces:

Feviry:
•12 Crescent Fighters (standing by to move into Threefrog)
•4 Aradas (standing by to move into Threefrog)
•34 (standard) Laziras (32 standing by to move into Threefrog)

Threefrog:
•8 (SAE) Laziras in Threefrog
•2 Miranu Couriers: (Evacuating Laspin civilians to Notil; prepared to evac. military installations)
•2 ODP's (Towed from Feviry)

Peter Nohrgen's Mercenary Forces*

Threefrog:
•The Seydlitz (Peter's Arada Flagship; Extensively Modified)
•4 Turncoats (1 phase cannon, 2 blaze turrets)
•10 Helians (2 blaze cannons, 2 blaze turrets)

*In addition to the aforementioned modifications, Peter's forces will be using Igadzra Particle Beams, PDS systems, and torpedos for the battle's duration. If they get to keep the goodies is up to capt. carnotaur)
---
Research & Development:

Hyperquartz Research (Phase 2):
Further refinement of hyperquartz phased-conduit; integration into ships systems (+refit giving 15% performance boost)
ETA: 2 Days

Expansion of R&D wing:
Addition of extra labs and equipment giving an extra research slot.
ETA: COMPLETE!

OOC: A basic update. I’ll see about getting a better post in here sometime today. I’ll have to stop being so lazy...
Liberty Force
3 U.E. Carriers
5 U.E. Destroyers
30 U.E. Fighters (Launched)
200 Freight-Couriers
5 Scoutships

• No new ships will be built unless the Rebellion takes a U.E. planet capable of building ships.

312 Carriers
1,247 Destroyers
1,063 U.E. Fighters
300 Freight Couriers
95 Scoutships
700 mines
New Taranto: 2 Carriers, 13 Destroyers, 15 Fighters, 5 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers

Voina Liberation Front
93 Carriers
359 Destroyers
555 Fighters
490 Fighters (Launched)

Defense Fleets:

Verril Fleet
30 U.E. Carriers
82 U.E. Destroyers
11 U.E. Fighters <31>

(Twenty of the U.E. Fighters are patrolling Yandros and the surrounding systems, and, like Carnotaur’s old Patrol Interceptors, will stay where they can jump and only take scans of the enemy fleets)
Centauri Fleet
30 U.E. Carriers
75 U.E. Destroyers
60 U.E. Fighters

76 U.E. Carriers
384 U.E. Destroyers
210 U.E. Fighters

Attack Force Alpha
144 Carriers
528 Destroyers
510 U.E. Fighters
290 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers

Sol Defenses:
Earth Station (six blaze turrets, three hunter missile launchers, fifty hunter missiles, 1200/1200 protection; pre-equipped with above stuff)

Centauri Defenses:
Centauri Station (six blaze turrets, three hunter missile launchers, fifty hunter missiles, 1200/1200 protection; pre-equipped with above stuff)
700 space mines

---PROJECTS---
U.E. Fighter Upgrade. Will name the U.E. Fighter “U.E. Interceptor”, and will modify it to have the following stats:
Weapons:
5 Blaze Cannons
Refit. ETA: Two days.

ADUs, or Adapative Defense Units. They can mount limited-use (due to lack of ammo) dual missile launchers, limited-power turrets...maybe even a small fighter rack. (Although it is worth stating that the fighters in question can only be reloaded once or twice, and that they cannot be repaired in the racks.) They're like Grundy's drones, only much tougher and generally only for system defense, due to their immobility. ETA: Three days. Must be built for use, like normal ships. 600 shielding, 300 armour.

Earth Station overhaul. This will open up an area for the new Emalghan telescope. It will also replace the hunter weapons with predators, and it will, when the blaze modification is complete, replace the existing weapons with them. It will undergo various other modifications. A specialized Emalgha command pod will also be added onto the station, as well as an overhaul of the existing command bridge. The existing heavy fission reactor will replaced with a specialized quad fusion reactor that will put out 2.5 times as much output, enabling it to take the strain of the telescope and the various other upgrades.
New Stats:
Earth Station (ten blaze turrets, four railgun turrets, five Predator missile launchers, one hundred Predator missiles, 2100/1600 protection, two Swordfish Bays with six Swordfish Fighter-Bombers, three Fighter bays with fifteen U.E. Fighters)
ETA: One day.

OOC: Meow. Post more later. Maybe.
----------
Emalghion
The UE Jumpgate has finally arrived, and is being set up. It'll be done quite soon.

----------
Kelmaon

OOC: Due to the lack of Voinian player, I'm going to post the battle stats.

Fleet Loses:
Emalghans:
145 Fighters

Voinians:
All ships.

OOC: this is a formal entry request, feel free to reject it. though I confess I haven't read all the pages (seriously people 11 pages is a lot) if anyone can fill me in that would be great.

Time: roughly the beginning of when you guys started posting
Enter: Az Itani
Location: sporadically throughout the space between the U.E. and Miranu
Occupation: retired Azdgari blockade runner pilot. Currently hobbiest and miner.

"Well boys lets get off your asses and get a move on shall we?"
Az Itani has been frusterated for weeks getting his men motivated since the great wars started. They have become so distracted that in all the breaks instead of watching racing they are glued to the International News Network.

"Its about time..." the men finally jump into their Cresecent fighters (6 in total) and exit the old secondhand docking bay of Old Glory. Which really should have been called old hunk of space sh*t that manages to have crew bunks and a fighter bay.

"Bring up the main screen Bojan." Bojan is the first mate and Az Itani's right hand man.
"Thats better, boys go and scan that cluster over there."
----"roger that Az"----
The fighters move to an abnormally black looking cluster of asteroids.
----"its Pyroteniciye"----
"Perfect lets try and get as much as we can, the Zachit pay top credit for that if we can get it to them before it looses its radioactivity." Az Itani's mind wanders. He vaguely watches his men shoot their phase turrets into the asteroids until they are blasted to pieces and the two modified miranu couriers suck up the debris, and begin the long and tedious sorting proccess....Maybe there is something to this new wave of death and desruction. No...no I promised myself years ago that I would only go back and help my people if they asked. Hmm but still I wonder if anyone there still remembers me. Oh well no matter I have enough things to be worried about now that I finally have enough credits to construct a research lab.
"Hey Bojan when did the Miranu say they would deliver those new heavy freightors?"
"Sunday, my lord"
"Stop caling me that Bojan, I'm not your lord and you are no longer a voinian servant. The bond broke when I rescued you from that disabled ship. seriously please stop its annoying."
"sorry my lord"
"Holy crap whats wrong with you they must have brainwashed you horribly"
-nods-
"Sheesh I'm sorry Bojan go get some rest and I'll take you to a miranu doctor soon and we'll see what we can do for therapy."
"thank you my lord i will retire"
that following sunday:

"Excellent the ships should be arriving any moment now."
"Indeed my lord, I sent off the 2 couriers, the Zachit they will indeed pay 5000 credits per ton!"
"My god what a steal, too bad everyone else is scared out of their wits to mine in unclaimed space. Hehe there hasn't been a pirate here for years."
--incoming transmission-- "Hello captain we have arrived in your sector and we are awaiting your comman"
--"Very well I'm sending you the coordinates of our vessel come and meet us, we have found that here in DSN-1115 that there is a major current (asteroids tend to flow in currents or rings around unkown space time crumples, this is just an old observation that is well known in the mining community) located close by. Where is your sister ship?"
--"The other ship was having a few minor problems refueling its a few minutes behind us"--

the fleets meet up which now consist of:

---1 miranu heavy freightor outfitted with mining equipment, and 6 mining cresent "fighters"
---2 miranu couriers carrying ore to the Zachit
---2 miranu heavy couriers, jet black, that have been outfitted with living room, testing facilites, labs, computer banks, and generally everything that is needed to keep a group of scientists productive. The scientists are cheap due to the fact that I offered graduating students a free working environment in which they could test their ideas as long as they work for me at least half the time.

--Az takes tour of the facilities--
"Very nice indeed do your scientists have any ideas? I'm looking to use these two research ships to create inventions that will sell well on the open market"
---a general slough of discussion takes place and little is decided--
"Fine, if none of you can come to a consensis on who's idea is better I will ask you to research this: The transfer of energy into various forms. What I mean is say you have a ball of energy like a phase blast hit a ships shields. Can that energy be transfered into say repair the shield itself? or to the afterburners? or to the ships weapons?"--Az
--scientist--"That has long been kicked around in the Miranu academy of scientists but since there has been little funding for such a project nothing was ever done about it."
"Excelent I expect you all to get right on that, now gentleman do make your selfs at home but please stay productive. There is no room to spare in my fleet for people who have a poor work ethic. Dismissed."-Az

--the mining arm of my operation continues up until the present, helping to fund the research--
OOC: formal request for one reserach slot
the scientist over a good amount of time (however meany real time days has passed) have created a system they willl capture enemy energy (from an attack) or from a near by star (not nearly as effective) and can convert 10% of that into afterburners, or shield repair. Note: a ship may be either outfitted with a energy-->egines, or energy-->shields module

-Az Itani

OOC: Another basic update. If I have the time, I’ll make a post sometime today.
Liberty Force
3 U.E. Carriers
5 U.E. Destroyers
30 U.E. Interceptors (Launched)
200 Freight-Couriers
5 Scoutships

312 Carriers
1,247 Destroyers
1,063 U.E. Interceptors
300 Freight Couriers
95 Scoutships
700 mines

Voina Liberation Front
93 Carriers
359 Destroyers
555 Fighters

Defense Fleets:

Verril Fleet
30 U.E. Carriers
82 U.E. Destroyers
11 U.E. Interceptors <31>

(Twenty of the U.E. Interceptors are patrolling Yandros and the surrounding systems, and, like Carnotaur’s old Patrol Interceptors, will stay where they can jump and only take scans of the enemy fleets)
Centauri Fleet
30 U.E. Carriers
75 U.E. Destroyers
60 Interceptors

76 U.E. Carriers
384 U.E. Destroyers
210 Interceptors

Attack Force Alpha
189 Carriers
698 Destroyers
685 U.E. Fighters
365 Swordfish Fighter-Bombers

Sol Defenses:

Centauri Defenses:
700 space mines

---NEW PROJECTS---
(This slot will be filled when I get an idea as to what I want.)
ETA: 1/?

---FINISHED PROJECTS---
Weapons:
5 Blaze Cannons
Refit. ETA: Finished.

ADUs, or Adapative Defense Units. They can mount limited-use (due to lack of ammo) dual missile launchers, limited-power turrets...maybe even a small fighter rack. (Although it is worth stating that the fighters in question can only be reloaded once or twice, and that they cannot be repaired in the racks.) They're like Grundy's drones, only much tougher and generally only for system defense, due to their immobility. ETA: Finished. Must be built for use, like normal ships. 600 shielding, 300 armour.

New Stats:
Earth Station (ten blaze turrets, four railgun turrets, five Predator missile launchers, one hundred Predator missiles, 2100/1600 protection, two Swordfish Bays with six Swordfish Fighter-Bombers, three Fighter (Interceptor) bays with fifteen Interceptors)
ETA: Finished.