The Ultimate Ship Equipment

OK, scratch what I've said about my ship, because I've got a new one.

Class: UE Cruiser
Name: S.S. Overlord
Upgrades/Equipment/Outfits: Zidagar/Miranu ECM, 3 Rocket launchers, 35 Voinian rockets, 5 Blaze Turrets, UE Fighter bay, 5 UE Fighters, 3 SAE Launchers, 60 SAE's, 3 Shield Capacitors, 1 Bronev layer, and a handy-dandy 20 tons of extra cargo space, but absolutely NO outfit space.

I've found Blaze weapons quite useful all over the place since they're good on both armor and shields, and SAE's are quite useful as well, since they're powerful, hard to jam, and I can launch 20 volleys of 3 SAE's, and my Fighters have definately pulled me outta some tough scrapes.

------------------
Voinian bad bad ugly ugly Neutron bad bad ouch ouch Rocket bad bad hurt hurt ouch ouch

My, my...have we all forgotton? Excepting for very few posts, it seems we've all neglected our old friend the blaze turret! That's all I've used (though it's the only practical choice for me, since I still fight Vonians, but need shield-stopping power as well) for my entire, albeit short, EVO career. Although I'm using the first version of EVO, as I've yet to upgrade, and I can only mount three blaze cannons where it says my Cruser can mount four, that sums up to eight blaze weapons. Using the RCS upgrade, I can outturn anything but the quickest fighters, and with five blaze turrets and three cannons pounding their hull, most of my foes are reduced to dispersed atoms within twenty seconds.
We all know I'm right...just admit it 😛

------------------
Do-spect armor? Hah!
I Do'spect that you're going to die, mister Vonian.
Intercepted from the UE Cruiser Blockade Runner, during attack of Dreadnaught.

Blaze cannons are only the best weapon for those incapable of realising that they're
only using them, perhaps subconsciously, because they are human.

They have a horrible range, a horrible sound, a horrible visual and if you want to
do equal damage to shields and armour, then there's this little thing called neutron
weapons. But that takes up space, and Emalgha weapons are terrible against anything
but Voinians.

I think the real best weapon is clear, my dear boy.

------------------
A.S.S Beatrix,
Alexandria,
Save the Queen.

Originally posted by Jubee on Diff com:
This is to Flatulence. I agree that the neutron turrets lays the smack down no matter where you are however the slow firing rate has always given me trouble when fighting fighter. Since you like neutron turrets do you have a technique for dealing with cresent fighters and azdara. The previous reason is why I have always stuck with phase in the cresent. Also instead of a fighter bay have you thought about using defense pods. I usually only use them when my shields are down. I cloak go above my target, uncloak and bombs away. With 60 pods and 8 d. launchers, I can really make a battle short even against an Igazra.

Hmmmm... well, this is where I use the plasma siphon. I too have problems locking onto the fighters that go zipping by me.... so, when they're in range, I let a little plasma burst go, they get smacked backwards, and then my turrets finally lock onto them and blow them up in a few shots.

As for the defense pods.... they're good in smaller vessels, but I don't find much use for them. My ships have enough firepower where I just don't have to use defense pods to blow up enemies. I use the fighter bay because I feel guilty about not using the space, and I haven't really found any other secondaries that fit my style of play very well. Mainly just the siphon... it's not the best secondary, but it does the trick to cover up for my weaknesses flying a huge lumbering ship with little protection against the speedy little buggers.

------------------
"nerf"
| AIM: CrazyJ617 | B-net: Flatulence187 | (url="http://"http://www.pftn.f2s.com/")Pilot File Trade Network(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro &default;=8")Search(/url), inc | (url="http://"http://www1.minn.net/~fpeters/scripts/happy.html")Don't Click Here(/url) |

My Ship is an UE Cruiser.

BIG3
Mine launcher
and 10 mines

My Ship is an UE Cruiser.

BIG3
Mine launcher
and 10 mines
5 phase turrets,
2 phase beams,
2fuel pods,
2fuel makers

Originally posted by Dash Riprock13:
**My Ship is an UE Cruiser.

BIG3
Mine launcher
and 10 mines
5 phase turrets,
2 phase beams,
2fuel pods,
2fuel makers

Again, responding to posts that are 2+ years old generally isn't a good thing- I doubt you'll get any responses from the original posters. 🙂

_bomb

------------------
"Life is not to fear... Life is to enjoy." -
TEB
And don't you listen to these nitwits. Nova's a great game and don't let anyone tell ya otherwise. Better or worse than EVO? Who gives an african monkey's nads?
-pistgavin

Originally posted by Bomb:
**Again, responding to posts that are 2+ years old generally isn't a good thing- I doubt you'll get any responses from the original posters.:)

_bomb

Shame, really; until I saw the dates, I thought someone had called an EVO veteran's reunion. 🙂

- say, wasn't Paladin one of SD's accounts?

------------------
I was disorientedly changing my body orientation in a clockwise direction while simulateously expressing my appreciation of mikee's humor and watching my posterior disconnect -- ElG7

(This message has been edited by Blackdog (edited 06-09-2003).)

Originally posted by Dash Riprock13:
**My Ship is an UE Cruiser.

BIG3
Mine launcher
and 10 mines
5 phase turrets,
2 phase beams,
2fuel pods,
2fuel makers

how come no one other than him mentioned the umtimate fighter destroyer, the good old space mine, who cares if they're illegal, thats what the fake id is for 😄

me, i use an idagzri(or however its spelled) but im not gonna go into details because im gonna get a UE cruiser asap

P.S. I don't care about the date so don't mention it

------------------
i am the master of all nachos 😄

Thanks for not caring about the date.

Originally posted by DashRiprock13:
Thanks for not caring about the date.

Uh, you used to have an account here, so why abuse the rules?
If we get tons of unregistered people posting/ "spamming" in old topics, andrew will just remove the unres's right to post, and that would be a shame, since quite a few people still wanna participate in topics, and just staying anonymous...
So..dude, please don't

Hmm... damn lot of grave digging's been happening lately...

However, I like the Azdara the best, wint Dospect Armor, Ramscoop and as much Swivel Phasys it can hold...

And speed upgrade's don't hurt either 😉

------------------
It's funny until someone gets hurt.
Then it's hilarious.

Originally posted by Bomb:
**Again, responding to posts that are 2+ years old generally isn't a good thing- I doubt you'll get any responses from the original posters.:)

_bomb

Think again. 🙂

Damn, old memories... oh well, for old times sake, for everybody who's missed my constant cynicism and insulting wit... oh yeah, that's crap, Dash, a blindfolded semi-comatose constipated *****ansee piloting a 50-year old shuttlecraft armed with scary looking spikes on the front could beat that ship up without takin' some much as a hit.

------------------
-Esponer

Ah, you were Paladin, the trusty crescent fighter led me to the clue 🙂

first of all i still dont care about the date or the fact that te original people wont respond so don't tell me

my current ship's stats are:
Bessy(named after bros bird)
arada
4 swivel phasers(duh)
4 shield batteries(so can stay in fight longer)
1 shield generator(duh.... again)
all the sensor/jamming systems(other than Zindigar EMC)
2 fuel scoops(.....)
2 fuel tanks(crickets chirping)
the 3 Miravan upgrades(see above)
leaving me with 1 ton of space

my special anti-fighter varient is:
-2 swivel phasers
-1 fuel tank
+2 rear swivel phasers(for monty python style)
+1 afterburner(for small boosts to stop the from catching my)

i find these 2 setting very good

------------------
i am the master of all nachos 😄

Originally posted by papanachos:
**first of all i still dont care about the date

Yes, but other people do. Gravedigging tends to clog up the boards.

------------------
I was disorientedly changing my body orientation in a clockwise direction while simulateously expressing my appreciation of mikee's humor and watching my posterior disconnect -- ElG7