Silver Horizon - Part I

OCC to help drawing in back the lines straight:

-Sorry about the development post count, I had forgotten about it, it will soon be edited.

-I did not understand a word your last post Red about what is where, you still made a mistake with Korelliand 😛

-So that the battle of Sheagi and Sheagofinish and all pass to something else, here are the Teh’Rak figuresere for the Teh’Rak forces:

Eight divisions in Sheagi, and the planet is mined.
?? Ships in Calla, escaped from seven divisions the Sheago.

A division totalizes 3860 ships, a reform is to come in next post.

-In NSI-4200, there is the S-D-1 and five divisions and nine divisions in all exits/entry of the Teh’Rak Clan except Korellian II which has nine.

Another note, I am replacing many teachers and lifeguards at the swimming pool, so I might write back for a while (2-3 days).

Take care and enjoy.

------------------
Mes plus sincčres Salutations ŕ la Vie,
Reine de ce Monde.

There is no more AIR force anywhere near Korreliand

There is a small fleet in Sheagho, defending.

There is a massive warfleet, including the supercruiser, in Sheaghi, attempting to take it back.

Got it now?

I won't be online tomorrow long enough to post, so if I don't post after 8:00, I'll post when I wake up.

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)

The Lavrii Interceptor sent a message burst to the Horosk Ship. (Follow me, honoured guests, and I will lead you to Lavrii Prime.)
With that it sped off, drives glowing blue as it entered hyperspace.

The diplomatic TransPod carrying the Horosk ambassadors landed gently on the diplomatic pad of the Citadel, and a ramp slid from the side for the ambassadors to exit.
"Welcome, Horosk, to the Citadel of the Tribunal of the Arbiters of the Lavrii Union. You are welcome here." the usher said, leading them into the Tribunal Chamber.
"Greetings, Horosk friends. May The Sun Shine Well Upon You also." Supreme Arbiter Kai'asi said. "Please, be seated; we all have much to discuss."
"We have no time for these formalities!" An Azdgari shouted. "We are at war with the Akrahd!"
There was a pause as the Lavrii all uttered the ritual curse.
"Azdgari." Kai'asi's voice echoed in the suddenly silent chamber. "This is a formal gathering; if you will not respect the formalities of this Tribunal, then you may leave whenever you see fit. We have our own problems with the Akrahd - K'danasi atua Ki'i sé norya i'asa Akrahd - but we cannot directly help you with yours. Our forces are too small for military aid."
Then, turning to the Horosk delegates, he spoke again.
"The Supreme Arbiter recognises the Horosk Ambassador, and the Kaivrii is passed to him. He may now speak."

In the gargantuan research station situated in the Lavrii Nebulae system, a team of scientists were discussing their latest project.
"The reliance of the Heavy Polaron Beam upon four Interceptors for adequate power is detrimental to our forces." the first said.
"We know that, Adu'su." another said. "So you have said for the last five years."
"My continued insistence that the matter be redressed has bourne fruit, has it not?"
"We are not disputing that, Adu'su." a third said. "Your persistence has brought this matter into our schedule. What I ask is; how are we to remove the dependence upon supporting Interceptors?"
"Errr...well..." Adu'su had clearly not thought far beyond getting his project Union funding.
"Precisely." the second scientist said. "That is always your way, Adu'su' charge ahead without seeing the ground before you. Fortunately, that is why we have a research team."
Adu'su's skin turned purple in anger. "What would you propose, then?"
"There are several options availiable to us." the third scientist said. "We can build our ships with extra generators."
"They have not enough room as it is." The fourth said.
"As I know. We can redesign our generators for greater efficiency."
"Which would also take more room. Our polaron generators can now only become more powerful by becoming larger."
"Which leads me to the third option; we redesign our Heavy Polaron Beams so that they use less power."
The scientists considered.
"Let it be done." Adu'su said. The other scientists echoed his phrase.

New Technology: Polaron Beam Enhancement
Lavrii Scientists are now working on ways to increase the beam's efficiency, so that it will not rely upon Interceptors to power it. This will not affect the beam's effects in combat in any way, and as it is an upgrade to an already existing technology, it will take only 8 posts.

Polaron Scatter Turret: 2/3
Polaron Beam Enhancement: 8/8

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Sorry I'm so late guys, been tied up lately. So, anything importent happen that I need to know about? Also, I need Carnotaur to put a map of the Edien galaxy on his speakeasy server, cause I can't view anything on our server (his site). Stupid host files. Confusing. Anyway, here are my new weapons and techs that Carno said I could research in the time between GH and SH:

-Sup-space distrupter-
The SSD is placed on all stations. When a Voinian fleet needs to get to somewhere the station opens up a sub-space tear, and the fleet is sucked in. It can then travel anywhere within a 6 system range in an instant.
Equiped on all border stations.

-Ionizesation device-
This device temporarily ionizes the ships hull that activated it, causing it practicly invounerable to all weapons. But it cannot fire at anything itself either. The ship, while ionized, rams any ship nearby, causing almost no damage to itself. But this requires an enormus amount of energy, and is not used often.
This device will be used on warship and medium class vessels.

-Anti-matter flux cannon-
The shots resemble a small, very stretched defense matrix in Starcraft. The Anti-matter flux cannon, or A-MFC, is extremely powerful. Fires fast, as is very accurate. Unfortunately, the A-MFC is not long range, so it is used on smaller vessels for close quarter combat. But watch out, once it does get close, you're toast.
This weapon is being put on all fighter class and medium class vessels.

-Turreted weapons upgrade-
Upgrade all turreted weapons to 2x the normal damage, and a faster firing rate.
This refit is for all ships.

Am I clear on these? Carnotaur?

So, once I get these techs cleared and a map ready I can start posting.

-Nova6

------------------
One Ring to rule them all, One ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them

- Inscribed upon the One Ring of Power
(url="http://"http://pub28.ezboard.com/bmiddleearth99434")Join my awesome LOTR RPG!(/url)

MOD- Just noticed. Redchigh, you never got SAI module designs, so you'll have to be using older SAEs. Sorry. 😛

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

OOC: Do I need to moderate on some kind of battle with the Teh'Rak and all? I heard Thunder mention something about that.

------------------

Without warning, the latcher inside the X'el Warpgate suddenly began to feel weak and feeble. As it collapsed on the ground, its breathing becoming extremely labored, it tried to get up and out of the room, but it was no use. Its muscles were being rapidly disintigrated as an undetectable viral agent made its way through the body of the incapacitated latcher. The cell walls of thousands of blood cells were ruptured within miliseconds as the virus made its way to the actual wall of the arteries and veins, breaking them apart and causing large-scale hemoraging. The lungs were being rapidly eaten away by a strain of infectous agent that the Shar'Nadda had never seen. For a moment, in its final death throws, the latcher was able to see a sight so glorious; the DNA of the virus was almost completely perfect, the next great step towards the Shar'nadda's goal of ultimate genetic perfection and power. But it was only for a second; seconds later, the neurons in its brain were disrupted as sensing nerves overloaded and were corroded within seconds. Within a time of 10 seconds, its entire brain was turned to dead mush. The virus had taken only 34 seconds to kill the creature. Within a few hours, its body would be completely disintigrated into nothing but mush. Within a month, the body would disappear completely.

------------------

Message to: Teh'Rak
Subject: Alliance

We have heard your plea, and are willing to help you. Your fleets may stay in our ports, and we shall aid you to the best of our ability in fighting our common enemies.
End Message

------------------

Pirate Projects

Installing Storm Torpedoes on all Heavy Warships - 6 Posts

Installing Storm Torpedoes on Most Vessels - 7 Posts

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 06-03-2002).)

"Sir we have lost all contact with the Latchers body. We believe that it has died; it's not thinking about anything anymore." Grunadulater cursed in Shar' Naddian. He should have known better than to send one of his own underlings into an unknown, maybe hostile environment. There could have been thousands of things that could have killed it. But the Latcher had taken a while to die, acording to it's painful thoughts. It wasn't a laser, like the Aliens used. It was something else... It wasn't suffication, the Latcher had died also. They don't need air. Air! Grunadulater felt very foolish. He turned to another Latcher pilot.
"I need a gas sample of what is in that structure."
"Yes, Overlord."

The Latcher flew up to the groove in the hull, pressed it and got inside just long enough to grab an air sample. Then it sped out, just as the hole closed again. It flew back to Grunadulaters Hyperion. In the Hyperion, a creature called an Istrugian was brought up. It would be able to tell what gasses were in the air. It and the gasses were isolated in a room that had had all gasses pumped out of it. The containter holding the stations air was opened, and the Istrugian sniffed, thought for a moment, then sent a thought wave to the scientist waiting for the answer, standing outside of the room. The scientist reported to Grunadulater.
"Overlord, there appear to be a mixture of Hydrogen and Oxygen in the air." Grunadulater watied.
"Was there anything else?"
"No, Overlord." That was very strange. It would require further testing to figure out exactly what was in the air, not just a guess.
Suddenly, with a few hacks, the Istrugian died.

----------

Shar' Nera
Hundreds of Shar' Naddians were running on the planet, screaming and killing everyone that tried to stop them. They were the true Shar' Naddians, and they were getting extreamly paranoid that the Aliens were coming so close. They were going insane.

The Queen on Shar' Nera
The Queen was working as hard as it had ever worked, to grow more ships for the Shar' Naddian army. It was working so hard, that it didn't notice the yelling above the underground chamber the Queen was in. Some gaurds were outside, yelling also.

The renegade army was going mad. It was most angry at the Shar' Nadda system for not attacking correctly, and for making the tactical errors. But they were also mad at the Queens. They were not working hard enough. They would pay. The specialy trained gaurds began to fight the army. Some of the gaurds fought against the army, but some fought on the side of it. They were just as mad as the renegades were. Rui-staffs were being waved everywhere, their sharp sides slicing renegades and gaurds alike. Latchers walked across the fields, slicing people with their claws, but not shooting plasma. There were too many people here, the plasma might hit a gaurd. There were only about 15 Latchers and 50 gaurds against an army of about 250.

General Gaurd Torrusk heard another Latcher scream as the renegades climed onto it and started to hack away at it. The Latcher dissapeared under a mount of renegades. This was chaos. Torrusk tried once more to call in more ships with his mind, but all ships had been relocated to Shar' Nadda to protect the system. Attack Groers, animals somewhat like elephants with much sharper tusks and huge claws, ran around and attacked the gaurds. Groers were forbidden to have, but the renegades had them anyway, somehow. Suddenly, he got a thought message. It said that 50 Latchers were on their way, in the system right now. He shouted with glee, and then yelled with terror as he realised that the message was not for him. The renegades where backing away, and the Latchers shot plasma over the spot where the battle was. The gaurds were dead, as were the gaurd Latchers and Torrusk.

The Queen had decided to take a break from all her hard work. Suddenly, a loud sound woke her from her slumber. With her eye-stalks, she looked around the room. Suddenly, with a slash, she couldn't see. She felt liquid all over her, and the pain. The white hot pain was almost unbearable. Then she realised it. She was being killed. Her last thought was that she hoped the gods spared her.

All over the planet of Shar' Nera, renegades attacked, killed, and claimed victory. It was a sad day for the Shar' Nadda, when some of their own turned to what was later known as, the Loyalist side. Little did anyone know, the civil war had begun.

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

OCC: Carno, I posted in my last post, the last event for the Teh'Rak movement and Redchigh his last movement for the Sheagi and Sheago battles. It would be nice from you to finailize it so that we can continue thereafter.

------------------
Reine de ce Monde.

"The Military outpost in Ver'Hath is complete," Commander Lasin said to Prime Minister Kyala. "Hopefully now we will have an additional advance barrier should the Akrahd manage to reach our space."

"It's not the Akrahd I'm most worried about at the moment," Kyala said. "These strange invaders in the Small Magellenic Cloud, the ones the Strand League have told us about."

"The Strand League's plan is a good one, it will not fail," Lasin said.

"Yes," Kyala said, "but still we must be prepared for the worst. I'm sending a message to the Science Corps, perhaps they'll be able to help us out."

"It never hurts to be prepared," Lasin said, turning and leaving the room.

---

There was great activity in the main hall of the New Kayia Scientific Institute. They'd just recieved a message from the Prime Minister asking them to construct a sixth tachyonic generator. "There is a possibility we may lose three of the five generators if the plan in the SMC fails," the message read. "Therefore we must construct more, so that we might be prepared if worst comes to worst. You will have access to the original tachyonic generator, in storage deep within Area Six on New Kayia. I know you are quite capable and intelligent people, and I trust I can expect the very best from you. Thank you for your work on this project, signed Prime Minister Kyala."

---

Kayan Construction Update:
Military Outpost in Ver'Hath - Complete (took 5 posts)
Build a Sixth Tachyonic Generator - 9 posts, 9 remaining

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

OOC: Nova; all looks good, except for that Ionization tech thing, which I told you about earlier.

Grundy; I hope you don't mind me posting this. If there's anything you disagree with, just say so, and I'll edit it immediately.

---------------

As the Istrugian's body was slowly disintigrated before the very eyes of the watching Shar'Naddans, it became all too apparent that something was very wrong. A latcher hovered over towards Grunadulater. "Overlord, we must evacuate you from this area immediately. If there is a threat to you, you must not be allowed to be harmed."

"Where will we go? Shar'Nadda?" Grunadulater asked as they began to leave the room.

"No, Overlord, we've started a new queen cluster in Reta'Luda'Nurg. Already we've set up considerable defenses for that system."

"But why not Shar'Nadda?"

"Because..." the latcher hesitated. "...we've recieved word that there has been an uprising. We must transport you to a safe location, and do it secretly. No one will know that you are in Reta'Luda'Nurg except for the Shar'nadda military forces there. Now quickly, we must go, Overlord."

Quickly rushing out, Grunadulater suddenly turned around and screamed. On the ground behind them, the walls were beginning to fall apart, and several dead latchers were already on the ground. One latcher which was not yet dead looked up at Grunadulater. "Please... Overlord... Go..."

Rushing out, Grunadulater realized it was too late; somehow, during the short time they had been talking, something had gotten out of the air sample and attacked the nearby hull and crewmen. Evacuating the hyperion, the Shar'nadda immediately destroyed it completely as Grunadulater retreated with a sizable force to Reta'Luda'Nurg.

However, it was too late; the virus had already been released into the system, and it would soon spread. It was unaccustomed to being in space, but soon its genetics would alter themselves to allow for travel and survival in space, and the virus would find new hosts...

---------------

OOC: As a formal moderating decree, I now say that the Shar'nadda have colonized Reta'Luda'Nurg whether they like it or not. 😉 It has several large planetoids, all covered by jungles and forests, and a few moons.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

OOC: Ok, but I still need that map

------------------

(url="http://"http://pub28.ezboard.com/bmiddleearth99434")Join my awesome LOTR RPG!(/url)

Nova was looking a data pad, with a star chart displayed.

"Hmmmmm...." he muttered, as he thought of where to strike. "We should attack here," Nova puts his finger on the Vella system. "Then head up, cutting off all systems west of that. We can then exterminate then one by one without worry of reinforcements."

"Sort of like a containment extermination. Where you cut off a section, and then kill that section." Said one of Nova's millitary advisers.

"Exactly. We're cutting off the head from the heart. After we secure more systems west, there will be no chance of reinforcements. Give the order, General. We will strike from Liidin." Nova said as he put his finger on the map.

"Yes sir."

--------------------------------------------

The fleet, gathered in Liidin, was ready and prepared for battle. The fleet commander, Groth Meskna, had the stradagy all worked out. It was designed to cause confusion, and meant to win the battle. The fleet was comprised of over 140,000 ships, twice of the number of ships in Vella, a quick and easy win was thought to be the outcome.

The ships engines hummed to life, and in an instant zapped into hyperspace. First they travelled through a couple uninhabited system, and then came into Vella itself. The fleet had gathered so quickly that the Ediens had hardly enough time to prepare. And now the attack had begun.

"Groth to fleet, Support Cruisers! Engage distruption webs on my signal! .... NOW!"

The Support Cruiser's emiters light up bright blue and shot forth a wall of energy, which blocked the fleet from any weapons fire. Then, almost as soon as it was activated, the field dissapeared, and the fleet was gone!

The Edien ships were stumped, surely they couldn't of cloaked so quickly after deactivating the field. But they had no time to think, the fleet, or at least half of it, decloaked in back of the Edien ships, they instantly opened fire. And when the Ediens turned around to attack, the other half of the Voinian fleet decloaked in back of them again. The Ediens were being squished by the two halves of the Voinian fleet like a sandwich. The fighters and medium sized vessels teared through the Edien hulls with their Anti-matter flux cannons, and the support cruisers launched wave after wave of missiles at the Ediens.

OOC: Who is controlling the Ediens?

-Nova6

------------------

OOC: Who is controlling the Ediens?

No one.

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

(OOC: This post is a lot more introspection and character "development" and a lot less number crunching. I'm going to try to keep it this way from here on out, if it's OK with you mod folks. (Boy, it's been a while since I've said that. ;)))

As the sleek Sladerei shuttle cut through hyperspace on a jump from Padat'Nek to NGC 3231, its lone passenger meditated in the small observation deck. Shayborg opened his eyes briefly and looked out at the tranquil stars. Sighing, he closed his eyes again. They were of the same matter originally. Why could living beings not be as peaceful as the stars? He sighed more heavily, partly in pity for and partly in disgust with sentient nature. Shayborg grimaced to himself. I should've stayed in those ivory towers at the University , he told himself wryly. But now that I can't do that any more, I've got to become a warmonger to survive and allow my people to survive. Sighing once again, he stood and slowly walked back towards the bridge. The galaxy called, and whether he wanted to or not, it was his duty to answer.

As shayborg read the mail he had received from the advisers he had left in charge, his gloomy mood lifted a bit. So far he had discharged his duty fairly well. The Sixth and Seventh Battle Groups had been moved into position, and already the Sixth SBG had reported that it had successfully fended off a few Asani pirates. His duty discharged for the present, shayborg put the ship's computer in silent mode and went back aft to the observation deck.

---
Research Status:
Enhanced Fighter Shield Generators -- ETA: 4 posts
Enhanced Gunboat Shield Generators -- ETA: 7 posts

------------------
Visit my EVO web site at (url="http://"http://www.evoverride.com")http://www.evoverride.com(/url)!
"What a piece of work is man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?" -- Hamlet, Hamlet , II.ii

The blackness of space encased the epitome of emptiness. Much like the emptiness of Iranavn’s soul. But dwelling on anything less than vital during a combat situation could well be disastrous.

As Iranavn stared at his 100,000 ships, all assembled in near perfect battle formations. Yet, even though his ships outnumbered the Federations, and even though his men where fighting with complete precision, and even though his ships seemed to be stronger, the Federation was gradually over powering them. And they were certainly smart enough to have reinforcements close enough to save them.

“General, Our sensors are detecting a rather large reinforcement fleet approaching,” the Valar aboard the Behemoth reported.

“uh,” Iranavn grunted, feeling his nervousness begin to overtake him. His fleet was faring decent against a battle group half of it’s size, but the new Federation forces were going to even the odds very quickly. “I want the planetary shields down as soon as possible. We must acquire our forward base.”

“Yes sir,” The Valar responded, relaying the message to the huge fleet.

“One more thing Valar,” the general said, as if almost of the top of his head. “Are the cloaked carriers in position?” he asked.

“Yes sir,” the Valar began.

“Good, I want them to descend into the atmosphere as soon as the planetary shield is down,” Iranavn continued.

“Yes sir,” the Valar repeated, again relaying his orders.

No one on the bridge of the Behemoth seemed to notice the large armada that was the Federation reinforcement fleet arrive, and no one seemed to notice the huge ship that seemed to be leading them; a Federation Dreadnought.

------------------
<XXXXXXXL===============>
When did I go Insane?
<XXXXXXXL

OOC- I won't moderate on the brother of the creator, at least not happily, but can I just note; this little sounding "turret upgrade" is making every turret on every Voinian ship more than twice as diferent. i.e. a Voinian cruiser with 6 turrets would have the power of about 15, at no real extra cost. I would, personally, revoke that. 'up to Carno.

Horosk
"As long as you understand that your current situation would make sending reinforcements against the Ediens or Rarkyl difficult, agreed," Eriqui replied coolly. "Anyway; once the Akrahd have perished under our hand, we will move to attack the Rarkyl regardless of alliances. I'm a Zidagar, but even I am effected by the matter of honour that binds the Igadzra in eternal emnity against the Rarkyl. We will destroy them, so the dead may remain dead, and the living may remain living, and the very balance of all life may remain as it should be."

"I see you've sent the designs for mass duplication, structural field reinforcement and your targetting systems. If you'd hold on a minute..." She reached for a small device she kept hidden, and spent a few minutes immersed in it. Then, she put it away and looked up. "The designs have been transferred. Please; don't try to see what other designs my ship has. I really, really don't want to have it - and me - suddenly blow up." She smiled sweetly, and excused herself.

Cintrial
The change from module to rocket had gone surprisingly swiftly. It came about from the Eriqui, the diplomat sent to the Horosk, who had quickly discovered how effective the Horosk jamming system was. Somewhat concerned, the Ministry of Defence had teamed up with the Ministry of Science, and the plans for what was originally called the "fast-rocket", and now the hyper-velocity (HV) rocket, were drawn up. So they could use the same launcher, the Scorpion disc was transformed into a rocket - the assualt rocket, and now officially the anti-fighter (AF) rocket.

The launcher was already finished as part of the development of the AF rocket, and it was mounted on a turntable (OOC: thanks, RMA!) to make it easier to launch the rockets. Ideas of a very high yield anti-warship rocket had been mentioned, although the HV rocket arguably covered that. The MoD was facing a massive change, and all IGNA and ZSN ships would soon need to be refitted.

The Zirada had been marked as the first ship for refitting when the AF rocket was complete, and a minor systems upgrade would also been included as well as the fitting of a TT rocket launcher on the underside of the craft, and an ammunition pod at either side, each carrying four AF rockets (or HV rockets when complete.) Targetting systems were to be improved to the point that duelbeam and kyhdron weaponry could be used as a point defence system, the structural field reinforcement would be used to greatly increase the Zirada's armour, shielding would be enhanced by around 15 terawatts, and the engines would be upgraded from Etheron 3.6 thoron engines to Etheron 4 engines, providing 50 au/h more top speed, and 30ş more manouevrability, as well as somewhat higher acceleration. To conclude the upgrade, the pair of duelbeam systems on either side of the Zirada would also be mounted on a front quadrant turntable, an idea "borrowed" from the Horosk in Eriqui's tour. The ability to target in two different directions would make the Zirada more effective against lighter fighters and opponents such as the Shar' Nadda Latcher, Azdgari Azdara and Kayan Firefly - although of course most were not enemies.

The new plans were all care of Idune, daughter of Corsair, subcommander of the ZSN. She had appeared with her father at Cintrial I to provide some output on the situation, and, as a self-proclaimed master of the Zirada, she had been able to show the scientists exactly what upgrades were needed.

Gateway
Lariat smiled slightly over the report. "They'll be greatly upgrading the ZSN force, then?" he asked without raising his head.

"The Zirada will be transformed from a reasonably dangerous opponent to a skilled, unstoppable killer, as far as I'm concerned," Dacona replied coolly. "Over the past few years, ZSN has had the edge on us in light vessels - their Zirada always seemed to come out on top in engagement with the Izar. With the anti-fighter rockets and the other enhancement Idune suggested-"

"Idune?" Lariat broke in, looking up this time. "Idune was involved in this?"

Dacona paused for a moment, examining the younger Igadzra, and then a faint smile came to his lips. "Yes, Lariat. She and her father arrived in Cintrial I four days ago, and commandeered the operation. Quite decisively, really."

Lariat was somewhat silent, as if awed.

"Don't let it get in your way, Lariat," Dacona put in, displaying remarkable empathy. "Idune is quite a woman, I'll grant you that, but she's Corsair's son, and..."

"What are you suggesting?" Lariat half-growled.

Dacona shrugged. "I've never seen Corsair break a smile, and Idune is almost worse. Corsair, at least, settled down with someone, and for all his exterior coldness, he made a few friends. Idune...she keeps everyone away from her, completely."

Lariat shook his head sadly. "You're right, Dacona. This...isn't a time for that type of thing. I have other things to see to, and this isn't important. Excuse me." And with that, he quickly went back to his work.

He was stopped by Dacona's hand, surprisingly firm on Lariat's shoulder.

"Some things can't just be shook off, Lariat," Dacona said quietly. "Look, the 20th anniversary of the formation of the Strand League is in a month and a half. It might very well be an opportunity."

"No, you're right, I should just forget it."

"Your work will be compromised more if you forget it than if you actually do something about it. Don't forget, and don't sit around doing nothing. These matters are serious, and even if Idune isn't exactly the easiest pick, you need to get it off your throat."

For a long time, Lariat said nothing. Then he looked up at Dacona. "You're a wise man, and a good friend."

Dacona laughed at that. "No, just an old one. I've loved so many times now it seems simple, compared to what it must seem to someone facing his first. Anyway, if you don't mind, I need to go work something out."

"What's that?"

"Idune is going to up the Zirada; so I'm going to up the Izar. By the time I'm finished, we'll be popping Ziradas in VR contests while dozing."

Lariat grinned.

*Technology

Assualt Rocket: 1/12
Izirion Fighter: 6/12

Cygna Cluster Outposts: 1/3 -halted-
Aries Primus Colonisation: 4/6

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

Horosk
Horosk Prime
Parliamentery Buildings - Government House
Chairman RMA looked over the reports from Horosk scientists, detailing what should be done with the technology aquired from the Strand League. The concensus between the military and scientists who wanted to go over the new technology was that they may as well upgrade the shipyards first, so that everything could be refitted quicker. After that, the multi-emitter shield grids and energy dampeners could be emplaced in a mass upgrade of Horosk ships, and the scientists could see how they would perform. Another report from the military suggested a force of 2000 Carriers could be spared to help the Strand League.

--------

8th Horosk Carrier Battle Group
Fleet Admiral Jani looked at his orders and sighed.
'Navigation, set course for the SMC, and transmit course to all ships. It looks like we have a long journey ahead of us.'
'Aye, sir. Course plotted. The fleet should be able to move out soon.'
Jani thought of the long journey ahead, and the battles which would come. The only good thing was that he would be able to secure a large amount of space for the Horosk Union.

--------

Projects
Upgraded Energy Armour
ETA:4 posts

Enhanced Stealth Systems
ETA:3 Posts

Other
Expansion of Ven'Tan colony and surrounding system outposts. ETA:Completed

Colonisation of Va'Lest and Nam'Nikar on infrastructure already built. ETA:5 posts.

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 06-04-2002).)

Herona
The Izirion, now approximated at half complete, was moving along very swiftly. An extreme alpha prototype had taken its maiden cruise voyage, although the hyperdrive and weapons were not fitted yet. Within a few weeks, a functiona beta was to make an asteroid-shot run through three systems. However, much of the project was being moved to Gateway in the Cerberus system, due to the problems with the Shar' Nadda. If Herona was lost now, the Izirion project would be completely lost.

Composed of extremely light, cheap materials, the Izirion was a very basic craft, lacking the fine tuned perfection of the Zirada. It was, however, heavily armed, and would prove massively effective. Space had been left for a TT rocket launcher and a single 4-rocket ammunition to be fitted, and the Izirion would fit, as standard, three kyhdron beamers built into the ship, supported by a pair of kyhdron phase generators to keep them running for, approximately, ten minutes.

Railguns and standard duelbeam weaponry would not be fitted, as the temporary kyhdron output would prove more than effective enough. If the Izirions could later be fitted with hyper-velocity rockets (over the anti-fighter rockets they will start armed with), which would soon begin development, they would prove effective at long range until they closed in.

The Izirion fighter's main point of note, beyond it's stunning short-time firepower, was its speed. The Zirada was definately not within the top five fastest ships in the known universe, but it was still a very fast vessel. The Izirion, however, was faster - but of course, the engines themselves were only intended for ten minutes of cruise and a hyperjump.

(Speed: 750
Accel: Nearly instant (check my technologies; thoron engines)
Turning: 7)

The shielding on the Izirion was somewhat under-class compared to the extreme durability of ships like the Zirada, but at 80 terawatts could easily survive a rocket or two - and the Izirion had been supported with as much armour as could be achieved, as the Horosk's structural field reinforcement proved most effective with larger amounts of armour. The lightweight frame of the fighter made it quite easy to "push off", although the acceleration provided by thoron engines would quickly bring it back up to full speed after a high impact weapon hit it.

Although perhaps not the most spectacular fighter ever to exist, the Izirion was a deadly opponent for what it would be used as - a lightning fast raider, not even giving the enemy the opportunity to respond before slinking off into the night. Even if chased down into another system, the Izirion would simply leave. It would never engage in a battle on the enemy's terms, and because it entered hyperspace not just at "fast" speed, but "ultra-fast" - barely slowing down - it was a tough cookie to chase through systems.

"No," she replied calmly, not even raising her voice. "Three kyhdron beamers," she repeated.

"But-" the engineer complained again.

"No complaints. Not two kyhdron beamers, three. Don't tell me it can't be done, because it can. The Izirion skeleton has three weapon hardpoints, and you're going to use them all." Her tone was certain.

"It won't _work!"(/) he burst out angrily, waving his arms about wildly. "For one thing, the fuel consumption is massive - there's no way we can support three kyhdron beamers for any length of time. For another, the engines can't carry three kyhdron beamers without lowering the speed by at least a hundred astronomical units an hour. It's impossible!"

Idune's eyes were dark. "If you can't do this, Trashan, I'd suggest you hand in your resignation - now."

"Idune, be calm," came a quiet, familiar voice to her. Corsair stepped into the room, shutting the door behind him while keeping his eyes on Idune. Idune turned, and nodded slightly.

Corsair turned his indigo eyes to Trashan, the engineer in charge of the construction of the Izirion. "The kyhdron beamer weighs twenty tons, doesn't it?" Trashan nodded, and began to speak, but Corsair's eyes stopped him. "There are several components on the beamer that aren't linked in a ratio to the beamer itself - and could, alone, support three beamers. Use three kyhdron beam emitters and one core for all three, linked to a pair of phase generators. That will cut the mass down, correct?"

"Uhh..." Trashan faltered. His eyes then shone. "Yes, it will," he announced with a smile. "I'd imagine it'd cut the mass from sixty to about fourty five...it'll work!"

Corsair turned on his heel, his gaze settling on Idune. "Yes, dear?" he asked politely.

"Nothing," she murmured.

"You really should..." Corsair began.

"I know, I know."

Corsair shook his head. "No, pay attention. Don't just shrug it off like you always do. You're only a girl, Idune, and you have a lot to learn. An attitude like yours will get you killed - and if that happened, I'd just have to dismantle the entire universe."

"I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine," Idune replied in her beautiful, assertive voice.

"No, you're not, actually," Corsair replied, taking a few steps forward and stroking her cheek affectionately. "Don't make me treat you like a child, Idune. You're more than that now, so please, put aside your childish games. It's not immature to laugh, you know."

Before Idune could reply, her silvering father turned and left the room. He left the planet soon after - for where, Idune was uncertain. All of the people she usually trusted to know refused to tell her, and despite her best efforts, she failed to track him down.

Shar' Nadda (an opening battle, Grunadulater - which probably happened a post or two back, but who cares? :).)
Teraoph stood on the bridge of the Ixion , a massively enhanced Zira support cruiser that served as the flagship of the ZSN, in the midst of a large ZSN and IGNA fleet. He was here for a vengeful battle; to strike the Shar' Nadda in what they thought was their home, in revenge for the billions who perished at their hands in the annexation of Valenna, Takita and Esurus.

"Time until we arrive?" he asked without turning.

"Six minutes, sir."

"Prepare a sub-space to realspace communication."

"Yes, sir."

"All frequencies," he added.

"I know, sir."

"I am Commander Teraoph of the Zidagar Space Navy. In the name of the Zidagar and the Strand League, I am here to be show you justice, and to avenge the countless innocents you have murdered. For life and light, I am here to rid you of both. Be prepared, for I would not fight even you offguard. Within five minutes, if of that word you even know the mean, I will arrive with justice and the armies of the Strand League at my side. Fear me, for I am your death."

"Communication sent, sir."

"Very good," Teraoph replied. "Prepare for the war that lies ahead, and may Ziga be with you all."

"Yes, sir," came the reply, from a wiser Zidagar than he might have seemed, who knew enough to keep from laughing out loud at the commander of the ZSN and his excessive theatrical tendencies. It was, of course, his own business. It was not particularly surprising, thought the communication officer of the Ixion , that it had been Teraoph who had volunteered to lead this suicide mission. Teraoph lived and breathed melodrama.

With a stifled sigh, the communication officer went back to his duties, wondering, idly, if Teraoph's remarkable luck was to run out.

The fleet broke out of sub-space, and went into position almost instantly. The pattern was very basic, and almost never changed. As they say: "the old ones are the best". The standard Strand League battle pattern had yet to be bettered, by anyone.

25,000 IGNA ships quickly formed into their standard protective reef, with Izars at the flanks and within the ranks of the larger ships to defend them from lightning fast swarm attempts. It was a very tight reef this time, almost a type of phalanx, with many ships able to provide covering fire for the others. IGNA knew what the Latcher was capable of, and in this reef they had undermined its ability. However, not even a million Latchers could get into extreme melee range of this reef. 127 thousand turreted duelbeam systems were within that fleet of 25,000 vessels - 24,500 on the Izars, 22,500 on the Iradas intended for disc warfare, 40,000 on the Izagras and 40,000 between all the Igazradas. And of course, absolutely nothing in existance is fast enough to "evade" a beam. There were also in excess of 50,000 particle railguns that from the very first second began taking extremely accurate shots.

Led by the Ixion , the ZSN fleet remained together instead of scattering out. They made a brave charge right into the very heart of the 95,000 Shar' Nadda creatures, while tens of thousands of Scarab discs and the railgun fire cleared the way. ZSN pushed through, eliminating anything that got too close, until it broke out at the other side of the alien defenders, and then turned 180ş and prepared for another charge back to meet with the reef.

Cintrial
With the new anti-fighter rockets completed, work began on upgrading the Zirada on Cintrial.

The Confusing Naval Count

Start: 550,000
32,500 produced and sent to Thalleon systems - 7,500 destroyed in my opening battleposts
1500 Igazradas produced and sent to Thalleon systems - 0 destroyed, no opening battlepost (merely reinforcements on top of forces already there)
50,000 lost in Valenna, Esurus and Takita
6,500 lost in Zeus
6,500 produced and sent to Zeus
13,000 lost in Draco
13,000 produced and sent to Zeus (6,500 ships constructed last 2 posts)
50,000 sent to attack Gre'Z - 7,500 lost
(edit)6,500 more ships constructed in this post - and the below figures sadly don't count this, and it would take half an hour to fix(/edit)

End: 492,500 in standard % (+1500 Igazradas)

Standard % (all fleets I send are comprised of this standard %, unless stated otherwise)
30% Ziradas
12.5% Zidaras
7.5% Ziras
24.5% Izars
15% Iradas
10% Izagras
0.5% Igazradas

An all IGNA fleet has 1% Igazradas, 20% Izagras, 30% Iradas and 49% Izars.
An all ZSN fleet has 15% Ziras, 25% Zidaras and 60% Ziradas.

Current No. of each Ship Type (unless stated in battle that specific ship types are targetted, this count will use the % of ship frequency and any extras - rounded up)

Total ships: 492,500

3,963 Igazradas
49,250 Izagras
73,875 Iradas
120,663 Izars
36,938 Ziras
61,562 Zidaras
147,750 Ziradas
N/A Izirions (prototype under construction)

Construction Rates
As of, well, now, all construction rates for the Strand League are calculated by my government's construction output and the cost of each ship. The purpose of this is so I can easily switch to concentrate on ZSN or IGNA, or specifically build Igazradas or Izirions.

Standard production rate = 6500 ships

Costs
Zirada = 4 points
Izar = 6 points
Irada = 15 points
Zidara = 18 points
Zira = 30 points
Izagra = 40 points
Igazrada = 125 points

(i)No. produced (standard)_
1950 Ziradas = 7800 points
812 Zidaras = 14616 points
488 Ziras = 14640 points
1592 Izars = 9552 points
975 Iradas = 14625
650 Izagras = 26000 points
32 Igazradas = 3750 points

Total no. of construction points = 95233 points

Side calculation... 95233 / 125 = 761.864. Therefore, 750 Igazradas = possible.
Side calculation 2... 95233 / 3 (Izirion cost) = 31,744. Therefore, 30,000 Izirions can be produced per post.

*Technology

(Assualt Rocket = Anti-fighter Rocket)

Anti-fighter Rocket: Completed
Zirada Upgrade: 7/7
Izirion Fighter: 5/12

Cygna Cluster Outposts: 1/3 -halted-
Aries Primus Colonisation: 3/6
Upgrading Shipyards with mass duplication*: 5/5

• Result will be an increase of approximately 1500 more ships produced/post.

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

OCC: Esponer, I do not understand the concept of points. Building thirty thousand Izirion per post is one huge number. Or does the edit writing mean something

Edit:
Now I understand better.
------------------
Reine de ce Monde.

(This message has been edited by Ne Demord Jamais (edited 06-04-2002).)

Gji'Char
High Admiral Velna grinned. After a belated start, the attack on the Rarkyl would finally commence. His fleets had moved into position, ready to follow his attack plan. If all went well, the Rarkyl would not survive.

--------

Projects
Upgraded Energy Armour
ETA:3 posts

Enhanced Stealth Systems
ETA:2 Posts

Other
Colonisation of Va'Lest and Nam'Nikar on infrastructure already built. ETA:4 posts.

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002