Thoughts of EV/EVO veterans on EV3

I'm a veteran of EV and EVO and have played almost every plug-in there is. But now my gaming has died down and I am anxiously waiting for the release of EV3. I opened this topic for anyone who is a veteran of EV or eVO and wants to reminiss about the old times of ambrosia gaming and what awaits us in the future in EV3. Feel free to post

------------------
The Mad Professor

The first time I wielded the awesome power of the forklift...

P.S. ...and welcome to the boards Arctic Fox.

------------------
"Just sixteen, a pickup truck
Out of money, out of luck
I got nowhere, to call my own
Hit the gas, and here I go" -Paul Di'Anno, Iron Maiden

(This message has been edited by DualBlade (edited 04-13-2001).)

I liked how, at the start of the game, you were always running from Pirates, and Renegades, because you had a dinkie ship with useless weapons. Then, later, after some upgrading and new ship purchasing, you went hunting for them, because they had lots of cash, and you wanted your share of revenge!

Ha! The hunter becomes the hunted!

In Nova, this will probably all change, you'll always be weary of Pirates because of new tactics. I hope though, that you can actually save some vessels in Nova, like when they call for help, the Pirates will scatter and flee if you have a better ship, then the former-victim will reward you in some way!

------------------
Captain of the "Rebellion's Demise"
A ship that should appear in EV Nova:
"Selur Rotceh Niatpac"

That time I first blew Matt Burch's përs to hell in a shuttlecraft...

------------------
"Whoever is the most impertinent is the most likely to succeed." - Mozart
"I think I'm pretty well cut out for the job, and if I'm not, that's just the way it goes." - George W. Bush
I have very strong political opinions and feel that George W. Bush would be better off as a McDonald's manager, which may be too difficult for him.

(This message has been edited by pianoman (edited 04-13-2001).)

Yeah, I loved that pirate thing, where I went and sought my revenge against the weak human pirates in my souped-up Crescent Warship later on in the game. Hahaha! Those pesky Kraits, and Helians, and even the "mighty" Turncoats were no match for my four phase turrets running at full power, and then my SAD modules made mince-meat out of the rest of the fleet. 😄

------------------
-A wise person is one who recognizes that he or she knows nothing.
-Those who sit and listen often learn more than the ones who are talking.

Yes, there's another thing that I wanted in EV. When the traders hailed you requesting assistance I expected them to offer you credits to help them out. Also, you never saw any AI ships asking for a refuel.

------------------

Originally posted by Guy:
**Yes, there's another thing that I wanted in EV. When the traders hailed you requesting assistance I expected them to offer you credits to help them out. Also, you never saw any AI ships asking for a refuel.

I guess the AI ships aren't dumb enough to go beyond their fuel range like we are. 😛

------------------
Psiogen
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett

The first time loading the game up, seeing the planet and the little shuttle moveing it left to right, thinking how cool it was, then a Pirate Defender passing once with a short burst of mayham and leaving me dead. Total game time so far....2 mins.

------------------
The tide of battle favors those who can breath vacuum.

What made me mad was that in EVO you could ask ships for help and they wouldn't give it to you, but if they asked you and you saved their butt, they didn't repay you for you services, so I usually just ended up killing them any way, (my ship was a beefed up Igadzra, with 1 nuetron turret and 4 nuetron blasters, had like 5 shield upgrades, a layer of the blovic? armor the buffest you can buy from voinian, and the plasma siphone, etc) it was a nice ship.

------------------
"If at first you dont
succeed, Sky divings not
for you

and don't forget blowing up the confederate tyrants. that first time you actually survived against one them and felt all powerful. then got blown up by the rest of the fleet. :eek:

------------------
"If it doesn't work hit it real hard... that always works"

Hehe that's too bad!
😄
Welcome to out humble board! 🙂

I loved the whole game... I loved it because it never ended.. You could take it appart and even make your own storylines... For once YOU could play god and control the universe 😉

------------------
-Small Member ( Grr )

How long to you have to have played to be a "veteran"?

inquisitively,
CPH

------------------
The last time I was on this board, the price of dumb questions was really high.
What am I doing? I'm Chillin™!

Oh soooooooooo long !
He... I remember with my friend when after a big exam we passed the whole night playing comp.... Then we played EVO and 'corrected' the game when we found it borring. (Like adding Generic News strings when we saw the Stellar Corp. had bought Ganymede for the 100th time. Or adding a BIG Fuel tank for 3 million credits with 800 fuel units... Or adding ships.... Or adding our 'own' planet and government to sell our happy outfits... We were constantly switching between ResEdit, EVO and Lightwave !

By the way, Arctic Fox, welcome to our (happyyyy) boarders community...

------------------
- If you're not interesting... Exagerrate !
- Humillimus sum (?)

Okay then, was that a response to my question?

puzzled,
CPH

------------------

Argh... I wish I had a good friend who had a Mac..
I'm surrounded by windowsoids....

------------------
-Small Member ( Grr )

Originally posted by StarStrafer:
**Okay then, was that a response to my question?

puzzled,
CPH

if you didn't understand that you definetely aren't a vet.

------------------
"If it doesn't work hit it real hard... that always works"

Originally posted by Falcon21:
**if you didn't understand that you definetely aren't a vet.

I understood it perfectly, I just didn't know if it was meant as some kind of response to my question.

------------------

Originally posted by StarStrafer:
**How long to you have to have played to be a "veteran"?

inquisitively,
CPH

Have you been from this side of the galaxy to the other? Can you whoop butt from here to the sol system? A veteran quite simply put, is one who has survived a battle or battles. So if you have killed somebody and survived then you are a veteran.

------------------
The Mad Professor

I remember the first plug-in I got it was called FFB and it rocked the house! I remember thinking after beating EV that that was it and the game was "played up" so I went to Ambrosias website to download a new game... You should have seen the look on my face when I saw that you could get plugins or even make them yourself! So I saw the description of FFB and I downloaded it. I still remember the logo...
"One of these days they'll be your masters..."

------------------
The Mad Professor

Originally posted by pianoman:
**That time I first blew Matt Burch's përs to hell in a shuttlecraft...

Thanks, I think that I am beginning to like this web board thing

------------------
The Mad Professor