Titania POG

Has anyone got this to work on a PC????If so how and what are the correct Keys????Shift and anything doesn't work.Reinstalled 3 times.

------------------
docman

I once tried something like thatŃnot a cheat, but a keydown that was case sensitive. In my experience, it doesn't work.
Of course, the obvious solution to your problem is to play the game fairly and not use cheats.

------------------
The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason —Wizard's Sixth Rule, Faith of the Fallen.
—Cafall

I cannot get the Titania plug in to work on my iMac.
Re-installed it a couple of times and still it will not work!!

I have already completed the game without any cheating by the way!!!

------------------

Alright, let's go over the basics and see if we can get both of you up and running with the plugins...

First for M icky(who is running a mac): do you have POG version 1.0.1? If you have the original version of POG(v1.0) then your plugin probably will not work. To check the version number highlight the application of POG and then go up to File>Get Information(or open-apple I). Look at the version number and make sure it says 1.0.1. If it doesn't then go to the add-ons page ( (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/pog/addons.html/")http://www.ambrosias...og/addons.html/(/url) ) and download the 1.0.1 update. (Note to DOCMAN: There is no v1.0.1 for windows as the windows version was released after the mac version and already had the bug fixes implemented. So this is not your problem)

Ok once the above has been looked at and verified, the next most common failure for plugins to work is incorrect directory installation, as it is slightly confusing. When you first download "Titania plug-in.hqx" you will get a file "Titania plug-in.sit" and unstuffing this file will land you a directory called "Titania plug-in." INSIDE this folder is another folder entitled just "Titania" and it is this folder that needs to be placed inside your plugins folder for Garendall. (As an fyi, the Titania folder, being the folder to place inside the plugins directory, should have 4 items in it: directories for Movies, Music, and Sounds, and a file called Data001.dat)

The above 2 are the most common problems. Also make sure you are running the full version of POG as the demo does not allow plug-ins. And the full version must be registered. Make sure that upon booting up POG that a checkbox for plug-ins pops up and that you have checked the box for the plug-in you want active(multiple plug-ins should load up fine). I do not know of any plug-in conflicts as of yet although as more plug-ins are written and released this will inevitable occur.

Anyhow the above information should get your plug-ins up and running. If you still can not get it to work post back and we'll try to think of other potential problems.

------------------
"In the mornings, when I'm usually wide awake, I love to take a walk through the gardens and down by the lake, where I often see a duck and a drake, and I wonder as I walk by, just what they'd say if they could speak although I know that's an absurd thought."
-- Conjunction Junction by Schoolhouse Rock

I am running the full and registered versiom 1.0.1
I have the correct plug in files in the plug in folder and the Gold plug in works fine but not Sapphire or Titania.

------------------

Try pulling the Gold plug-in out and running either Sapphire or Titania(only 1). If you can get one of those to work then switch it with the other. If you can get all 3 to work by themselves then there may be a conflict between 2 or more of the plug-ins. As I mentioned I haven't heard of any conflicts but there are bound to be some eventually.

Barring that, what is the size of the "Titania" folder(not the "Titania plug-in" folder)? According to my file it should be 8.82Kb in size. The .hqx file should be 7.10Kb. There is always the possibility of a corrupted download(and with the new server I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few hiccups).

Anyhow try the above and post back(especially if something works so I can stop wracking my brains trying to figure out a way to help you).

Good luck

------------------
"In the mornings, when I'm usually wide awake, I love to take a walk through the gardens and down by the lake, where I often see a duck and a drake, and I wonder as I walk by, just what they'd say if they could speak although I know that's an absurd thought."
-- Conjunction Junction by Schoolhouse Rock

Tried to use just one one titania or gold or sapphire at a time.
Gold works fine all the time. On its own and together with all the other plug ins.
But Titania and Sapphire are not working at all on their own or in pairs with gold.
The Titania file size is 12KB and Sapphire is about 1.8MB

------------------

Well, I'm stumped. Thought abot it a while and assuming everything I've mentioned already has been been done my only other thought is perhaps a corrupted file. Have you re-downloaded it from Ambrosia? If not try it. If you have when did you download it(both originally and subsequently)?

What I'm getting at is that it is possible(probably not probably though) that with Ambrosia switching to its new server a file or two may have been corrupted in the transfer. And perhaps you got one that is corrupted. I can certainly download one of those plug-ins when I go home over lunch today and see if it works for me. Let me know if the problem gets solved before then.

Good luck.

------------------
"Good...Bad...I'm the one with the gun. Kaboom!"
-- Ash, Army of Darkness

I downloaded the add ons a while back but was finishing another game at the time. So they did not work whicch is why I re-downloaded!
Have also re-downloaded them over the weekend. Still not working!
One other thing is, it wants the entire file in the plug in folder, not the plug in inside the unstuffed file. If you understand me! I take the Titanania and Sapphire files out of the unstuffed file and place them in the plug in folder and it tells me that they are missing, but if I put them back in the original file it accepts them. Weird?!!!

------------------

Finally got it to work!
Put the unstuffed folder and the plug in folder seperately into the
plug in folder and both Sapphire and Titania work!!!!!!
You have to tick the titania and sapphire boxes speerately!!

------------------

Sorry but no I didn't quite understand that.

Are you saying that you unstuffed the file and took the plugin folder out of the unstuffed folder and placed the plugin folder only into the Garendall/plugins folder, and then checked all the boxes on the start up screen?

Please explain a bit clearer so I can understand what your problem was and how it was solved(makes helping others with the same problem easier).

I'm glad you got it to work.

------------------
-- Ash, Army of Darkness

I put the unstuffed folders into the plug in folder but then removed the titania and sapphire folders out of the unstuffed one and left that also in the plug in folder.
So I have Sapphire/Titania plug in and Sapphire and Titania folders in the plug in folders!
And on starting the game up, you have to tick both the titania/Sapphire plug in and the titania/spaahire boxes!
Is that clearer?

When i put just the folder from the plug in folder in the plug in files it says it is missing,
If I put the entire unstuffed folder in it does not work but if you leave the unstuffed one there which says plug in and remove the named folder out into the plug in folder it works. Means you have Titania/Sapphire in twice and both must be ticked!!

------------------

Alrighty, I think I see where your problem was which was within my first post, though it must not have been clear enough.

The "Sapphire" folder that you removed from within the unstuffed "Sapphire plug-in" folder is the one that POG is looking for within it's own plugins folder. You do not need to have the complete "Sapphire plug-in" folder inside the POG plugins folder; in fact if that is all you have in there it will not work.

Leave the "Sapphire" folder where you have it and remove the "Sapphire plug-in" folder, start up POG and make sure that the "Sapphire" box is checked. Sapphire should work properly.

I've attached a picture to show you which folder to leave in the POG plugins folder, and which one you do not need(marked by correct(meaning leave in the plugins folder) and incorrect(meaning take out)). Try this and see if Sapphire still works. If it does then do the same thing with Titania.

Posted Image

Good luck.

------------------
-- Ash, Army of Darkness

It will not work unless they are both there!!
If the folder that is unstuffed is not there, it will not work!
This works the same for titania and Sapphire!
Believe me, I have tried it every which way but loose!!!!!

If the unstuffued folder is there with the other folder inside it it does not work! It shows as present on the list of plug ins.
If the folder is taken out of the unstuffed folder and put by itself in the plug in file, it says it is missing.
Put both in seperately and they work!!!

Please believe me!!!!

------------------

Originally posted by M icky:
**It will not work unless they are both there!!
If the folder that is unstuffed is not there, it will not work!
This works the same for titania and Sapphire!
Believe me, I have tried it every which way but loose!!!!!

If the unstuffued folder is there with the other folder inside it it does not work! It shows as present on the list of plug ins.
If the folder is taken out of the unstuffed folder and put by itself in the plug in file, it says it is missing.
Put both in seperately and they work!!!

Please believe me!!!!

Don't worry, I wouldn't be spending this much time working with you if I didn't believe you. But your set-up isn't what should be necessary.

Alrighty give me some more information. Tell me exactly what the contents of the 2 folders: "Sapphire POG Plug-in" and "Sapphire" including file names and folder names within those 2 folders.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this and get it fixed for you, because you should not need 2 folders of each in order to get it to work.

------------------
-- Ash, Army of Darkness

In both the Sapphire and Titania plug in folder is the read ne file only.

In the Titania file are 4 files, sounds movies and music and Data001.dat
In theSapphire file are also 4 items, moveis and music and Data 001.dat and DS Store

Anything else?!!!

------------------

**In both the Sapphire and Titania plug in folder is the read ne file only.

In the Titania file are 4 files, sounds movies and music and Data001.dat
In theSapphire file are also 4 items, moveis and music and Data 001.dat and DS Store

Anything else?!!!

Alright. The "Sapphire" and "Titania" folders have the data necessary to load the plug-ins. This is good. Now we need to isolate why you need the "Sapphire POG Plug-in" and "Titania plug-in" folders in the Garendall/plugins folder. This should not be necessary.

You stated earlier if you remove the "plug-in" folders you get an error stating something is missing. What exactly are you removing, and when do you get this error message? And what is the exact text of the error message you are given?

I think we're closing in on this, stay with me here.

------------------
-- Ash, Army of Darkness

If I remove the original unstuffed folder, when I start uo the game up it tells me the Sapphire or Titania plug in is missing and asks me if I want to continue or not!!!
But as soon as I put the folder with the read me file back in, it is OK!!

------------------

**If I remove the original unstuffed folder, when I start uo the game up it tells me the Sapphire or Titania plug in is missing and asks me if I want to continue or not!!!
But as soon as I put the folder with the read me file back in, it is OK!!

Ok. Let's try something completely different.

Take out all your plug-ins. Start up pog and at the start screen(where you choose start, load, quit) quit out. Then put just the "Sapphire" folder into the plugins folder for Garendall and start up POG and check the sapphire box. See if this works.

Good luck.

------------------
-- Ash, Army of Darkness

Give me till tomorrow on this!!!
Have played already today and must do something else!!

------------------