So What Are The Old Timers Up To Now?

I personally will be graduating college (that's university for you Nottingham/Australia types) this year with a degree in computer science. Surely the old folks must check here once in a while?

I know ferazel_09 is still around, and I'll be back in black in a day or two. 🙂

Heh, congrats on your graduation!

If you have some free time, you might want to check out my level set. Also, I was thinking about posting in the tavern. I think we could have some fun in there.

I check this forum once every 6 months or so. 😉

When is 'graduating this year', Dr Tall? (ie: are you just entering your final year?)

I'm planning to get a new computer sometime soon (MBP), which means through the various 'upgrades down the family line', I will end up with my old Pismo as a 'spare' (my husband is using it now, but he's going to get my current PB G4 to use), so I'm planning to have the Pismo around JUST boot in OS9 JUST so I can play FW, and maybe, if I have time, some of the new levels. I miss that game. (I've got an old 6500/250 that only boots in OS9, but it's just too loud and a pain to use - the Pismo should be good.)

Anyone want an old 6500/250? Free to good home (you pay the freight).

-ML

I'm not sure whether I count as an "old-timer", but I'm still hanging about, checking the Ferazel boards for any hint of activity, pushing Ambrosia every once in a while to make an UB of Ferazel (and PoG), even though I know neither of those will happen. 🙂

Oh wow, it's exciting to see Dr Tall again!

I personally will be finishing college (that's high school for you strange Americans) at the end of this year, and starting university (that's college to you... yeah, that's not confusing at all) next year. I don't really know what I want to do, but I have to decide by Tuesday (which is Monday for you people living in the past). I'll probably end up doing some science degree with lots of maths and physics and chemistry, hooray!

Haha yes I mean I am finishing university. But, Malc, if you're still living in the future does that mean you're still down under?

Alas, poor Ferazel! I knew him, Horatio. The good old days of Mascot editing, all gone.

For those of you who might remember old Knight of NI from the old Ferazel boards (when everything was in black and yellow), I am now a student of geography, but use my spare time on making silly mods like the Marathon Infinity rebalance project, the Final Fantasy 6.. er.. "personal mod", and playing old-skool fighting games over the internets.

Dr. Tall I haven't seen for some time, and I still love ML's avatar.

This post has been edited by God 2.0 : 05 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

A story:

A few months ago I replaced my 15" G4 PB with a 15" MBP. Not relevant to FW, I know, except ... I gave my husband the G4 PB to replace the old Pismo he'd been using. He's happy because it's a faster computer and can run 10.5.

But I'm even happier, because now I have access to the Pismo again.

So what is so special about the Pismo? Two words: dual boot.

Yes, that means I now have a computer that runs OS9. Which means, of course, that I've fired up FW for the first time in years and years. (Along with Bugdom and Mighty Mike, and of course, Harry ...)

So ... yeah.

Can anyone remind me where the last zichron is hidden in Western Reaches? I'm sort of obsessive about those 100% things ... 😉

Thanks,
ML

You know, it's impossible to get 100% on all levels, without a little editing anyways...

But here's help!

fxmap of all of Teraknorn, created by ferazel_09.

And there's always the extremely handy Ferazel's Wand walkthrough.

Hope this helps.

I really only checked this forum because Two Jacks mentioned to me that there was something going on. I'm still in contact with Thok pretty regularly, and I also just mentioned this thread to him.

As for non-computer things, I'm studying mathematics and linguistics (and, correlated with both of the former, philosophy) at college, set to graduate in two years.

This post has been edited by ferazel_09 : 24 February 2009 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Two Jacks @ Feb 23 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, it's impossible to get 100% on all levels, without a little editing anyways...

But here's help!

fxmap of all of Teraknorn, created by ferazel_09.

And there's always the extremely handy Ferazel's Wand walkthrough.

Hope this helps.

Ah, the walkthrough ... excellent. Thanks for the link.

I know you can't get 100% on any of the levels with the wraiths (and perhaps the enemy regenerators?), but I'm pretty sure you can get 100% on Western Reaches. I've just missed something. 😞

Ferazel_09 - where are you studying? My daughter is also studying Linguistics at University. I get regular dissertations on 'phonology' and ... other stuff. What are you planning to do with your degree?

QUOTE (MonsterLady @ Feb 24 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ferazel_09 - where are you studying? My daughter is also studying Linguistics at University. I get regular dissertations on 'phonology' and ... other stuff. What are you planning to do with your degree?

Currently at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington. I'm planning on getting a post-graduate degree in mathematics (TESC only offers degrees in "the liberal arts") so I can teach it at a college level. Linguistics is pretty interesting, but at this point I don't anticipate getting a degree in it.

Happy birthday Habnabit! Hapnabay!

Hiya old people!

I'm just about to go into my last year at college (university) for my degrees in Music Education (trombone) and Mathematics.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day when I find myself in possession of too many computers, one of which can run OS 9...

Also, I'm still starting computer projects that are too big for me to finish! 😉

This post has been edited by AVN : 27 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

Man, am I late to the party.

I just passed the two-year anniversary of graduating college. These days, I work in distance ed.

I'd love nothing more than to play through Ferazel and its mods again. It's gotten to the point that if I could play through Basic Nothingness again, I would be playing as a newb, without the foresight that came from authoring it. 'ssad.

Instead of Ferazel, I play Team Fortress 2 (on Boot Camp, natch) and a lot of PS2 games.

Spamguy! So good to see you again!. 🙂