Storm Valley Rest Area revisited

Shivering, Thok slowly stepped into the familiar building, dressed in a light brown cloak. After moving to a large red armchair by the fire, he drank from his seemingly endless bottle of mist potion and fell limp onto one of the chair's arms. After the effects of his potion wore off, Thok glanced to the tree. "Is it that time of year already...? If someone can get me the will to get back to work on my levels..."

------------------

Salrillian smiles, stepping out of the acid as his invincibility powerup starts ticking away the seconds until it wears off.

"its nice to see new levels, I myself am working on the world of Teraknorn, in the Last War"

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

ML opened her eyes, observed the various habnabits around the room and smiled.

Merry Christmas (or your winter festival of choice...) everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been very active lately, but I've had a few other things to deal with.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season.

ML

------------------
Official Member of WIRP
(ML: addicted to Chocolate and the other Good Things in life)
"Embrace the geekiness."

you to! says zamzx playing vendatta.

------------------
:<) 🙂 😞 :<( heheheheh

ML looks up, notices the date, drags the cabin into the current year...

Happy New Year all. (A little late, but this is not exactly the most active forum so it's still in plenty of time...)

------------------
Official Member of WIRP
"Embrace the geekiness."

macmaxbh smiles at MonsterLady. "Hey, you're up again! Any chance at muffins?" he asks. "Mmm, it's so nice and peaceful here right now, hope 2004 will be the same everywhere!"

------------------
They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwords, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing; play it forward and it installs Windows.
--thanks to TBobMac

yes, yes. say's zamzx grabing a muffin.

------------------
:<) 🙂 😞 :<( heheheheh

Just then everyone heard a scream. In stepped Ferazel_999, practically dead.
Cyan blood freely flowed from his left leg, and attached to it was a baby goblin, crunching on Ferazel's colon. "Ouch." said he, and the goblin ran out the door, taking Ferazel's leg with it. Ferazel clambered on all fours to the fire where everyone was waiting. He mumbled something in some magi habitan tounge while holding wand in hand, and then where his bloody leg had been there was a brilliant BOOM! as light and shards of rubbish scattered about the room. His leg was back, but he still felt a terrible pain behind the darkness of his hood. Everyone watched curiously as he slowly turned to ashes. 3.7 minutes later he had comepletely re-incarnated to full health. "Hello." he said, and sat down in one of the last remaining seats by the strongly burning fire.

Ferazel_999

------------------

Ferazel_999 coughed for hours in front of the fire.
"Cough We are all here because of one person."
"The grandaddy himself."
"Ben Spees. By the cough way, where's ML?"
He walked over to the Ziridium pool, but then a floor board smashed under his feet, and an enormous rouge hand pulled him under into some darkness, perhaps forever.

-Ferazel_999

------------------

" NO! I will not let this fourm die on me! I shall prevail! I shall prevail!" macmaxbh shouts, half in a delusion, as he stumbles back into the rest area from places unknown, nearly falling through the hole created by ferazel_999's departure, which brings it back to his senses. "That's strange, I wonder why the Garendall Crystal didn't protect him?" Checking the Garendall Crystal Instruction Manual, he finds sentence 3 of paragraph 2, section IV, page 204. "The Garendall Crystal will not protect a) those of negative karma or 🆒 LifeKnight." he reads aloud to the frozen room. Lighting a fire, he falls into a compy chair nearby. "I wish MonsterLady was back, this place could use some poppyseed muffins.."

------------------
They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwords, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing; play it forward and it installs Windows.
--thanks to TBobMac

(This message has been edited by macmaxbh (edited 02-07-2004).)

snerk

With a snort ML rouses herself from her slumber by the fire.

"Yes, it is truly sad that the FW forums have become so quiet", she mused aloud. "Probably has something to do with FW not being supported on OS X."

With that, ML got up and moved into the kitchen and started mixing up a batch of poppyseed muffins.

"Well, if nothing else, at least we can have some poppyseed muffins."

While the muffins baked ML opened her new G4 PB and started working. She glanced around the room and sighed.

"Where has everyone gone?"

------------------
Official Member of WIRP
"Embrace the geekiness."

"I have no idea. Maybe they're just slow to respond to revivals. Glad you're still here, MonsterLady--what're you working on?" macmaxbh says, just as the oven timer dings. "Oooh! Ooh! Dibs on the first half of the muffins!" he exclaims as he scrambles up. "Whoa, my inner six-year-old just took hold there," he said after he started eating a muffin. "Mmm, these are excellent muffins.. how'd you learn how to bake so well?"

------------------
--thanks to TBobMac

"I've been right here all along." came a familiar voice.

Thok walked over to get a muffin, stretching slightly and saying "You probably aren't going to be seeing much of me..." and with a small sigh, added "There's something more important than Ferazel's Wand to me..."
Seeing the shocked expressions as he picked up a muffin, he added "Fine, fine, a girl..."
Smirking slightly, Thok walked back to his usual chair.

------------------

"Oooooooooooh!" macmaxbh exclaims. "How exciting!".

After a short pause he said "There goes my inner six-year-old again. He's persistant, isn't he?"

------------------
--thanks to TBobMac

Originally posted by macmaxbh:
**"Oooooooooooh!" macmaxbh exclaims. "How exciting!".

After a short pause he said "There goes my inner six-year-old again. He's persistant, isn't he?"

"Yes, he is...", Thok stated, seeming annoyed.
"Want me to fix that?", he added with a mischievous smirk.
Thok twirled his wand between a couple fingers, light reflecting off the pale grayish-blue gem on the tip...

------------------

"No, I like my other personalities as they are, but thanks for the offer," macmaxbh replies. "I think I've got him under control again."

------------------
--thanks to TBobMac

Someone unfamiliar peron stumbles in.

------------------
Oh i'm not addicted, it's a hobby
Cannot join #real-life(you are banned)

ML looks around the room.

"Hmm... pretty dead around here." She thinks for a while. "Dead."

After a short pause, she begins talking to the mostly empty room,

"Okay, everyone pay attention. This place is dead. Ferazel's Wand, while still a great game, isn't really supported at all, and this place is just falling apart."

"Now, in my family, when someone dies, we have a wake. A good, Irish wake. Where you get drunk, fall down, make a fool of yourself, tell the relatives what you really think of them, eat lots of food and tell bad jokes."

"But first, you have to make a toast to the deceased." ML walks over to the bar, pours herself a glass of whisky, and raises it.

"Here's to you, FW. I'll never look at spiders the same." She raises the glass to her lips, downs the shot of whisky and looks around at the silent room, sighs, and goes back to sit beside the fire.

------------------
Official Member of WIRP
"Embrace the geekiness."

macmaxbh starts sniffing. After a minute of sniffing and whimpering noises, he finally says "Oh, Ferazel's Wand, I'll miss you! I tried to keep your webboard alive, but it's time to give up now. You were a great game, I name some of my RPG characters after you..."
He picks up a glass and salutes the picture of Ferazel on the fireplace. Then he drinks deeply.

------------------
--thanks to TBobMac

this bring a tear to my eye, I'll miss you Ferazel!

------------------
The ignorant shall fall to the squirrles!