Mods --> Will Ferazel's Wand Ever Be For OSX?

I'd really like to buy it...

Well, just read the title I guess. I don't have classic, or any macs than can boot into OS9, so I was wondering if this will ever happen.

Thanks in advance...

Alcyon, on Dec 6 2004, 05:14 PM, said:

Well, just read the title I guess. I don't have classic, or any macs than can boot into OS9, so I was wondering if this will ever happen.

Thanks in advance...
View Post

Yes. 😄

MDWGMalc, on Dec 6 2004, 10:32 AM, said:

Yes. 😄
View Post

You know...I really hope it does. But I think it's wrong to act as if it's a done deal. Ben may want it to happen, but that's a far cry from it actually happening. At this point what is safe to say is that if Ben has the time and the money he will try his best. That doesn't mean it will happen. I just don't want people acting like something was promised when it really wasn't.

---Zelda

That's a fair point, but we should be able to have the occasional optimistic smile right? 😄

Emperor Ent, on Dec 9 2004, 07:11 AM, said:

That's a fair point, but we should be able to have the occasional optimistic smile right? 😄
View Post

What he said 😉

😄

MDWGMalc, on Dec 9 2004, 04:29 AM, said:

What he said 😉

😄
View Post

I'm all for that. 🙂

😄

---Zelda

Ben says he's working on it, so it's certainly a possibility!

We might see a sequal in the future, as well...

How can you not have classic?

Agent_Vast, on Dec 13 2004, 05:07 AM, said:

How can you not have classic?
View Post

10.3 broke something in classic and so now FW pauses randomally when you're playing, making it unplayable. 😞

Actually, now it looks like Ben will be working on FW2, instead of FzCarb.

Check this out!

😄

<bump>
The sites appear to be suspended--if you visit them you get redirected to: http://www.bizland.com/templates/lightsOut...utuser=benspees

Is there a new site? Anyone know why?

(no, I didn't feel like creating a new topic for this. sosumi)

This post has been edited by macmaxbh : 10 August 2005 - 01:37 PM

The sites both seem to be working fine for me. Maybe the problem was fixed.

wow....

so i have been playing ferazel for 3 years???? and now i find out about this -___-'''''

i still think it would be cool if it was 3-D but then again I do like the old school 2-D.... choices choices.... what does everyone else think? 😉

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 12 August 2005 - 04:27 PM

I think that part of the game's awesomeness comes from its "old fashioned" 2D feel, and making it 3D would be making changes that I think would be very big and risky with regard to keeping fans of Ferazel's Wand. But using 3D technology to render the graphics, but keeping the whole game played on one plane and so in that sense 2D, would probably work well. But I trust Ben to make something good, however dimensions it has (although a 1D game could be hard).

Hey i have an idea! what if was like kinda crash bandicoot ess. like...ummm... u would swich between looking forward in 3rd person and 2-D classic but with 3-D graphics. And the camera would woosh back and forth when u changed it. how does that sound? 🆒 I like this suggestin where can i post it where Ben will see it?

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 13 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

Two Jacks, on Aug 14 2005, 08:36 AM, said:

Hey i have an idea! what if was like kinda crash bandicoot ess. like...ummm... u would swich between looking forward in 3rd person and 2-D classic but with 3-D graphics. And the camera would woosh back and forth when u changed it. how does that sound? 🆒 I like this suggestin where can i post it where Ben will see it?
View Post

Well, the Mixed Metaphor forums are located here, and I guess that is where you would post it, but the topic called "Idea Box For The New Game" (in which Ben asked us to post any ideas we had for the new game) doesn't seem to be there any more.

(edit) I should probably quote the right person next time... :unsure: (/edit)

This post has been edited by MDWGMalc : 13 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

soooo does that meen that the game is in beta, or closed and under development?

Two Jacks, on Aug 14 2005, 02:22 PM, said:

soooo does that meen that the game is in beta, or closed and under development?
View Post

The game has not yet entered beta - Ben is still working on it (or at least we hope so! ;)) so I guess you would say that it is closed and under development.

Well im at a loss for words 😉

I'm still amused by the main character's name in FW2, and why Ben chose it.