rEV 1.1

@guy, on Dec 12 2007, 01:38 PM, said in rEV 1.1:

That said, the proposal above does sound reasonable. Any particular rebel planets you had in mind?

Spica.

@guy, on Dec 12 2007, 09:38 PM, said in rEV 1.1:

That said, the proposal above does sound reasonable. Any particular rebel planets you had in mind?

As a general rule, if a port sells Tritanium, then they've got a black market. If they've got a black market, then they'll take all sorts of stuff off your hands.

So, this would include the four pirate ports, Spica, Ruby, Port Dread, and possibly a few others.

Port Oread. Okay, thanks guys - I'll do this for the next beta.

@guy, on Dec 16 2007, 02:13 AM, said in rEV 1.1:

Port Oread. Okay, thanks guys - I'll do this for the next beta.

To be honest, I've never been able to tell. The capital 'o's and 'd's look so similar in Silicon Script.

@-visitor-, on Dec 15 2007, 10:48 PM, said in rEV 1.1:

To be honest, I've never been able to tell. The capital 'o's and 'd's look so similar in Silicon Script.

It's Port Oread, but then the Empire plug changed it to Port Dread.

Honestly, I've never seen tritanium there, though, and it was my main hangout back when I played EVC.

@zurdo, on Dec 17 2007, 12:37 AM, said in rEV 1.1:

It's Port Oread, but then the Empire plug changed it to Port Dread.

Honestly, I've never seen tritanium there, though, and it was my main hangout back when I played EVC.

Huh, I could have sworn. Oh well, I suppose its an understandable mistake given that I haven't played classic EV in years. I do remember that they sold missile jammers and RCS upgrades, though.

Good place to hang around. Almost no ships except lone, easy-to-pirate Argosies.

Wow, it's been a long time. I'm just taking a (small) look at this again. I've been checking over the planets and here's what we've got.
The four pirate worlds at the four corners of the galaxy: Evildrome, Pirate's Cove, New Antigua, Privateer's Haven
Independent planets selling tritanium: Blackthorne
Rebel planets selling tritanium: Spica, Port Oread, Akio, Alkaidon
Other suggestions: Palshife, Zaxted Starport, Ruby

Now the pirates worlds plus Blackthorne are all great places to sell anything. The rebel worlds I'm not so sure about though - they may be selling tritanium but there's nothing in their descriptions (or bar descs) to indicate anything special about these places. Ruby is Confed - I think that's reason enough to not sell anything there. Zaxted Starport is a center of commerce but otherwise fairly boring. Palshife is rebel high command - seems good to me, if only because it's handy. My own suggestion is Sirgil Starport, where people come from all over the galaxy to trade their wares.

So we've got the four corners with the pirate worlds, either side with Palshife and Sirgil Starport, and also Blackthorne. Does this make sense to everyone or should I really be including those other four rebel worlds too? I just don't think it would be good to have many 'sell anything' planets - the less the better.

Among other minor tweaks I've been making, I've fixed the torpedoes which had not been updated to 1.5x speed.

(edit) Back to the Javelin pods using gun slots I mentioned way back, I think my reasoning behind it was that the pod would be mounted under the wings of small craft and use their gun slots in much the same way the rEV cargo pods and external fuel tanks do. Though it wouldn't be too illogical to think of them as using gun slots on larger ships too. rEV typically boosted gun slot counts on all small ships (by default Javelins don't come on anything larger than a Corvette) so this would sorta seem to fit with that. Any thoughts on this? Is it a good idea?

This post has been edited by Guy : 22 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

Okay, I'ma gonna try posting this again...
_
crosses her fingers and hopes the internets behave_

Now that work has slowed down a bit and I have (sporadic) free time, and considering Heart and Sol is still on the back burner waiting for missions, I'd like to test this. I never played the original rEV so have nothing for comparison, does that matter?

Nope, you don't need to have played the original rEV. It'll just mean you won't miss the extra weapons and ship variants provided by the xData from the original (though these will come eventually). What I would really like is someone to bounce ideas off (like the Javelin Pods above) / help with decision making. If no one offers any input I'll just end up doing whatever I like 😛

This post has been edited by Guy : 22 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

@guy, on Sep 22 2008, 09:22 PM, said in rEV 1.1:

What I would really like is someone to bounce ideas off (like the Javelin Pods above) / help with decision making. If no one offers any input I'll just end up doing whatever I like 😛

I could provide some help via PM, but since I couldn't make a plug to save my life, I'd need to know what it is you're planning (i.e., multi-missiles, shotgun-type weapon, etc.).

Decoy Flares

Just something I made a while ago, good luck Guy!

Okay, beta 3 now up on my site. Not much changed:
- Only the mercenary and repair crews can now be sold anywhere; the 7 spobs mentioned in my post above will now buy anything. If you notice any oddities with this (like items you shouldn't be able to sell), let me know.
- Fixed some buttons which were glitched under Nova 1.1.
- RCS and engine upgrades are now set to tech level 300 again. For some reason they were set to 0 in beta 2 - I have no idea why and hope there wasn't a good reason for it.

This may be the last beta I ever do.

@IT 000: Sorry, only read your post just now. Thanks for the idea but it's a little complicated and the PD flares in rEV work good enough 🙂 (plus, we don't really want missiles to hit any ship)

(edit) Fixed some map items from showing up at the buy anything planets.

This post has been edited by Guy : 27 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

I didn't look at the date at the start of the topic; it just popped up as the most recent post preview and sounded interesting.

I've not played rEVisited, but now I think I'll have to :).

@guy, on Sep 18 2008, 10:55 PM, said in rEV 1.1:

(edit) Back to the Javelin pods using gun slots I mentioned way back, I think my reasoning behind it was that the pod would be mounted under the wings of small craft and use their gun slots in much the same way the rEV cargo pods and external fuel tanks do. Though it wouldn't be too illogical to think of them as using gun slots on larger ships too. rEV typically boosted gun slot counts on all small ships (by default Javelins don't come on anything larger than a Corvette) so this would sorta seem to fit with that. Any thoughts on this? Is it a good idea?

Sounds good to me.

Here is my idea: make the javelin pod use a gun slot , change the mass to 1 ton , increase max pod count to 6(or more if you want to) , up price to 25000 or 30000 credits , make the ammo max per pod 180 , 240 or 320(which ever you like) , change shield damage to 7 and armour damage to 11 , and finally change reload time to 4.
this makes it very fun to use on a bigger ship like a kestrel or a confed cruiser.

Well that's my 2 cents worth. I love the new update , keep it up :laugh:

Thanks grenth, I've made a note of all that so if I ever do any more work on this I may do that.

Anyone else, feel free to offer more thoughts on it (or anything else).

@guy, on Feb 4 2009, 03:55 PM, said in EV Classic for Nova 1.1:

Yeah, it does seem pretty useless but the value is correct I'm afraid.

Well then I have a suggestion for rEV if you don't mind... :laugh:

Nothing crazy since they're only 3t and can be stacked, but I think that more than a 15 point increase to shields would make them worth while.

Good call, how does 50 sound? And maybe increase the booster from 12 to 40. This will put them more on par with Override's ones.

Yeah, that sounds good. They're pretty underpowered right now, but that should make capacitors a good boost for those smaller ships.

I'll try to think of more, but it looks like you've already got pretty much everything covered.

Do you have the models that were used to make the rEV sprites perchance? (it's worth a shot...)